Apple Inc. produces some of the best products in the world. In the sphere of cellular devices, it is certainly a leader. However, for iOS users who appreciate the highly customized experience, iOS devices often come up short. Luckily, there is a way around this through jailbreaking; if you know what you are doing. In this article, we will guide you on how to jailbreak iPhone 7 and bypass its popular activation lock.
Everything You Need to Know about iPhone iCloud Activation Lock
1 What Is Activation Lock?
Apple products such as iPhone and iPads come with an inbuilt protection system, which is generally referred to as "Factory Reset Protection" or just FRP in short. One of the many features of FRP is what's known as "Find My iPhone," which is incorporated with another sub-feature called "Activation Lock" or "iCloud Lock".
It allows the owner of the iPhone to remotely access, wipe, and lock their devices for one reason or another; for instance, when they lose their iPhone as a result of theft. Activation Lock, introduced in iOS 7, is typically enabled automatically whenever the "Find My iPhone" feature is turned on. In the event that you succeed in erasing your data remotely, the Activation Lock can still prevent unauthorized people from re-activating your iPhone.
2 Why Do You Need to Bypass Activation Lock?
Apart from avoid theft or lost, there could be a number of reasons why you suddenly need to bypass the activation lock. So let’s highlight some of them below.
- Perhaps you bought a second-hand iPhone 7. If you bought a second-hand iPhone 7, but unfortunately, the "Find My iPhone" feature is on, bypassing the activation lock may allow you to use the device.
- If you forgot your Apple ID and password, which is required for an activation lock, remember, many users, after initially setting up their devices, will rarely (or never) use the details again, so it's easy to forget.
- If your Apple ID has been hacked.
3 Can I Bypass Activation Lock by Jailbreaking iPhone 7?
Often times, people like to as the question, "can you jailbreak iPhone 7 to bypass its activation lock?" Well, the answer is "NO". What jailbreak does is allow you to access customization features and even download and install software that was previously restricted, or not available at the Apple App Store. Additionally, jailbreaking the iPhone allows you to modify some settings and even connect to a network carrier other than the original carrier, which came with the devices.
Jailbreak iPhone 7 to Bypass Activation Lock with iMyFone iBypasser
Safety: Success Rate:
Ease of Use: Compatibility:
iMyFone iBypasser is powerful software specially designed to bypass iCloud activation lock on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Combining the best in user interface and user experience, iBypasser makes it very effortless for the average iPhone owner to accomplish what would otherwise be complex tasks in regard to jailbreaking the iPhone. That is to say, you can use iBypasser to jailbreak iPhone 5s/6/6S/7/8/8 Plus/X and bypass the activation lock screen in 3 minutes. Let's see how you can do this.
Amazing Features of iBypasser to Bypass Activation Lock:
- Allow users to jailbreak iOS devices to bypass the iPhone activation lock screen without SIM card, Apple ID, or passwords.
- After bypass, you can access the iPhone/iPad/iPod and enjoy iOS features.
- Log in to a different Apple ID after bypassing the iPhone activation lock.
- The newly bypassed device can disable tracking or erase from the previously used Apple ID.
- Works with iPhone 5S to iPhone X running iOS 12.3 and later versions..
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 7 to Bypass iPhone Activation Lock with iBypasser
Step 1.Download, install, and launch the iBypasser program on your Mac computer. Once the app window appears, click on "Start".
Step 2.Next, use a USB cable to connect your iPhone 7 to the Mac computer.
Step 3.You will notice a jailbreak package beginning to download for your iPhone 7. Wait for the progress to finish. Once done, click on "Start Jailbreak". You will be taken through a series of instructions. Follow them.
Step 4.The jailbreak process will initiate. When prompted to proceed, click on "Next".
Step 5.You will be asked to confirm your device's information. Do it, and then click on "Start Bypass". The software will start to bypass the activation lock screen immediately.
Wait a second, your iPhone 7 activation lock will be successfully bypassed.
Apart from iPhone 7, iBypasser also supports other models of iPhone,such as iPhone 5S, 6, 6S and even iPhone X.
- It’s a convenient and quick way to jailbreak iPhone 7 to bypass activation lock screen. You can now install any software on your new device.
- You can bypass iPhone 7 activation lock even you don’t have technical skills.
- iBypasser promises you high success rate - over 98%.
- iBypasser can be only used on Mac computer.
- A few of features can’t be used after bypass.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 7 and Bypass Activation Lock with iFile
Safety: Success Rate:
Ease of Use: Compatibility:
iFile is another tool that can help you resolve this issue. But before removing activation lock, you have to use iFile to jailbreak your iPhone. Let's see how it works.
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 7 to remove iCloud activation lock with iFile
Step 1. First, you need to jailbreak your iPhone using Yalu Jailbreak tools. (You can go to step 6 directly if your iPhone 7 has been jailbroken.)
Step 2. Next, go to Cydia AppStore and download and install the following apps: iFile, iFirewall, and iCleaner. Each of these apps will have specific uses, as described below.
a. Using iFile, navigate to: var > keychains > (delete "keychain-2.db"). Once done, press and hold the power button and then choose "restart".
b. Using iFirewall, navigate to: Settings > Add new rule > "Deny All Connections". Add another rule for the website domain by inputting "com.apple.com".
c. Using iCleaner, disable iCloud Daemon (on the app’s home page). Restart the iPhone.
Step 3. On start-up, navigate to: Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > (Delete iCloud account).
Step 4. Next, launch iCleaner and re-enable iCloud Daemon and then uninstall iFirewall through Cydia AppStore. Restart the iPhone.
Step 5. On start-up, navigate to Settings > (set up a new account). Ignore the notification saying, "server can't establish a connection".
Step 6. Upon successfully completing the sign-in process, activate "Find My iPhone" the official way. Once done, sign in to iCloud through your computer and localize the new device.
Step 7. Navigate to "Erase iPhone" and click on it.
Step 8. As the process nears the end, initiate the iPhone's DFU mode, and restore using iTunes. On start-up, sign in as usual, and you're all set.
- You can use other network providers for your iPhone.
- It allows the installation of any apps.
- The process is very complicated.
- You have to spend $4.99 to buy iFile from Cydia.
Useful Tips before Buying a Used iPhone to Avoid Activation Lock
Tip #1: Check whether the activation lock is disabled on the iPhone (online and in-person)
Buying a second-hand iPhone whose activation is locked and password protected is a waste of time and money, though you can still bypass iPhone activation lock after jailbreaking it. Additionally, it's not safe for the prior owner because their data is still stored in the device they are about to sell. Before buying the used iPhone, you can check its activation status online or in person.
Checking activation status online:
- Navigate the following path in the iPhone: Settings > General > About > (Note the IMEI number).
- Next, on a computer, go to icloud.com/activationlock and enter the IMEI number, followed by the verification code and proceed.
- If the IMEI number is locked, you are wasting your time.
Checking activation status in person:
- Navigate the following path in the iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > (Ensure it’s set to "Off").
Tip #2: Verify the device is not stolen and carrier locked
Carrier-locked iPhones are compatible with a single specific carrier. This means that you are bound to use that carrier. If you live in an area that is typically not serviced by the carrier, then your phone will not get service. You basically just bought an oversized flash drive. For instance, if the iPhone is locked to AT&T, but you only use T-Mobile, then you will be unable to use the iPhone for calls or even internet connection. Always check this before purchasing a used iPhone.
We hope that these jailbreaking tips we have shared with you answer most, if not all, of your questions. Jailbreaking iPhones can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. We recommend that you only use trusted tools with a good reputation in the market, such as iMyFone iBypasser. With a lot of positive reviews in regard to its: simplicity and user-friendly interface, iBypasser stands tall among all available tools for jailbreaking iPhone 7 to bypass iPhone activation lock in the market today.