Although, Android is one of the most open, versatile and customizable mobile operating system, sometimes, even Android isn’t enough to give us some of the excellent features we want. Thus, there is only one way that we can experience more wonderful android benefits – Root Android. However, along with the latest Android phone - Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, and newest Android system – 5.1.1 is published recently, root could be more difficult than before. So, how do you root an Android?
While there is a question, there is a solution! For those who want to root for Android 5.1.1 even on the popular Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, you must get to know now that the custom kernel with auto-root is available currently as an Odin flashable (.tar) file. You can use it to root almost all the Android phones and tablets running Android 5.1.1 update.
Just grab the UniKernel .tar file from the download links below and flash it to your Android phone via Odin. You’ll have root access.
Steps to Root Your Android 5.1.1
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your computer.
- Switch your Android phone, say, Galaxy S6/S6 edge, into Download mode:
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a while until a warning screen showing up.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC via its original USB cable after your phone is under the download mode. The Odin window on PC should detect your phone and show an “Added!!” message.
- Choose “AP” and select “S6-UniKernel_v2-0002-ODIN.tar” file you’ve downloaded above. Then hit “Start”. Then this process will take about 5 seconds.
Note: Do not play with any other options on the screen. You’re only required to connect your Galaxy S6 edge and select the KERNEL file in PA tab.
- Once this process has been finished successfully, you should see “PASS” on the Odin screen. And your S6 Edge will reboot automatically.
- Once rebooted, you will now have root access, look for the SuperSU app in your app drawer.
- Thus, following the above easy steps, you can root Android 5.1.1 with success.
In case something wrong happens during the root process, causing you lose all your important data, it’s strongly suggested that DO BACK UP YOUR ANDROID DATA Up in advance!
Android Lost Data Remedy
While unluckily, you lost all the data from your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge without any backups, Data Recovery for Android – the most professional Android data recovery tool, is now your MUST. It comes to save all your lost data and get them back within a short time. Free download now and have a try.