If I have been using the notes app to write down things to remember, how to download notes form iPhone? --from User Allen
One of the most underused iOS apps is Notes. It can be used to write down shopping lists, deadlines, and even to type your school notes. The more you use this app, the more important it is for you to take a backup. Making a backup will reduce the risk of unexpected data loss. Meanwhile if you aren’t sure how to download notes form iPhone, we’ll show you how to make it.
Recommended: Download Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
Our recommendation is that you can use iMyFone D-Port to download notes from iPhone. Some of this program’s features are:
- Access all of your backups from iTunes and iCloud.
- Back up your device’s data fully or selectively.
- Export data from an iOS backup without restoring it.
- Preview data stored in your iTunes backup file.
- Try for free before purchasing.
This is regarded as the most effective way to download notes from iPhone. Regardless of whether you’re on PC or Mac, this will help you take a notes backup.
Download Notes from iPhone Directly
For this first solution, we’ll show you how to download notes from iPhone to PC/Mac directly. Before starting, connect your device to computer with USB cable.
- Click on “Back Up & Export from Device” on the left menu and select “Export Data”.
- Choose the “Notes” data type. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Your iPhone will be scanned and afterwards, select the specific notes that you want to download, click “Export” and choose a location to save them.
Download Notes from iTunes Backup
If you want to access notes that are stored in your iTunes file, this solution is for you.
- On the sidebar click “Extract Data from Backup” and choose an iTunes backup from the list shown.
- Next, check the box next to “Notes” and click on the “Next” button. The chosen backup will now be scanned.
- After the scan is finished, go through the note files and choose whichever ones you want to download. Simply click “Export” and save them in an accessible place.
Download Notes from iCloud Backup
Using iMyFone D-Port you can also learn how to download notes from iCloud backup. Follow our guide below.
- Select “Extract Data from Backup” and click “Download iCloud Backup”. Sign into your iCloud account.
- Choose the iCloud backup you want to download notes from and on the next menu, choose “Notes” then click on “Next”.
- Simply choose any of the notes that you want to download, click “Extract”, and click on a folder you want them to be stored in.
Alternative: Transfer Notes from iPhone to Gmail/iCloud
While we recommend iMyFone D-Port, there are a few alternative solutions. We’ve detailed the most popular alternatives below.
How to Transfer Notes from iPhone to Gmail
The first alternative option is to transfer notes from iPhone to Gmail, which you can do using these steps.
- Unlock your iPhone and follow “Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account”, and tap on “Gmail”.
- Enter your Google account information.
- After your account has synced, enable “Notes” and from then on, your iPhone notes will be automatically transferred to Gmail.
How to Transfer Notes from iPhone to iCloud
Next up, if you want to use iCloud to keep your notes backed up and safe, the following steps will help you to do so.
- Open your iPhone and go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down and tap on “iCloud”. If you don’t already have your iCloud signed in, then sign in now.
- Enable the “Notes” option. All of your notes will now be uploaded to iCloud.
- Then you can access your notes from the internet by entering your iCloud logging information.
Less Helpful: How to Email Notes from iPhone
The final alternative solution that you can try is to email notes from iPhone to your computer. We do not recommend this as you have to go through each note individually and email it.
- Go to “Notes” and tap on one of the notes that you have saved.
- Tap the share icon at the bottom of the display and then on “Mail”.
- An email window will appear. Enter your email address, tap send, and you can view it on your email account.
Tip: Make A Full Backup of Your iPhone without iTunes/iCloud
iMyFone D-Port is a fantastic iTunes/iCloud alternative and goes as far as allowing you to take a full backup of your iPhone. Take a look at the free version and try creating a full backup of your iPhone. To help you out, here’s how to take a backup.
- Connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
- Click on “Back Up & Export from Device” followed by “Make a Full Backup”.
- Click “Back Up” at the bottom-right and after a minute it’ll be complete.
It’s worth mentioning that if you want to restore backup to your iPhone (or any other iOS device for that matter), then you can update D-Port to D-Port Pro. With iMyFone D-Port Pro, you will get access to more features and it’s worth looking into.
Now that you will know how to download notes from iPhone. That means you are able to take backups and prevent any of them from being lost. Whether you store them on Gmail, iCloud or on your computer, as long as there is a copy available then it doesn’t matter. Feel free to let us know in the comments below which method you find the most useful or if you have any feedback for our guide!