"Kellie takes a long angry look at her iPhone 6. She is thinking fast and looking for a quick solution to what seem to be an uphill task. She actually wants to back up her data on iPhone 6 to her computer, but that is where the problem lies. She wants her precious data safe at all cost but she does not know how to do that. What will she do now to back up her iPhone 6? "
If you are an iPhone user, you may be able to relate to Kellie's experience. There are reasons why you should back up your iPhone data to your computer without delay.
Why Do You Back Up Your iPhone?
- The first reason is the need to keep your data safe. You may lose your iPhone, and it could get faulty. If that happens, your data will be at risk.
- Another reason to back up iPhone data is that you are given the opportunity to view your information on other places anytime you wish.
- Also, you can re-edit your data on computer if you back up your iPhone to a computer. What Apple may not allow you to carry out properly can be done.
Now, let us consider 3 ways showing how to back up iPhone.
1 Back Up iPhone using iCloud
This is the first method you can use. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Switch on Wi-Fi network on your iPhone.
- Locate Settings and click on iCloud.
- Click on iCloud Backup.
- Select Back Up Now.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi remain connected.
- Once the backup has finished, go back to Settings.
- Input your name, then click on iCloud.
- Touch iCloud Storage, then tap Manage Storage
- Select your device.
- Results of backup are displayed.
That is it. After you complete this process, you have successfully backed up your device to iCloud. The method has two advantages. It comes from Apple itself and it is free. Besides, when configured, the method can also back up your device automatically. This makes your job extremely easy as you no longer have to back up again and again.
The major disadvantage, however, is that it is impossible to view those data you backed up to iCloud unless you restore them back to iPhone. And restoring an iCloud backup will erase all the existing data on your iPhone.
2 Back Up An iPhone with iTunes
Kellie, and all iPhone users can also back up iPhone on computer with iTunes. See how to do that.
- Connect your iPhone to PC/Mac and open iTunes.
- If you are prompted for a passcode, follow the onscreen steps.
- Select your device and the Backups option.
- Click Back Up Now and wait for iTunes completes the process.
- Check iTunes Preferences, then Device to see the result.
The advantages of backing up to iTunes are that it comes from Apple and completely free. And restoring your backup to iPhone to get back lost data is possible.
However, it is not possible to view your data in iTunes backup on PC/Mac.
3 Back Up iPhone to Computer via Best Backup Tool
iMyFone D-Port iPhone Data Exporter is a excellent third-party backup tool that allows you to back up iPhone data to computer, and you can easily view your backup data in iTunes/iCloud backup.See its key features.
iMyFone D-Port iPhone Data Exporter
- Back Up Multiple Data on iPhone: messages, photos, videos, apps, etc.
- It supports iPhone/iPad/iPod touch runs iOS 10/9/8/7, even the latest iOS 10.3.
- Back Up Selectively: choose what you wanna back up such as photos only.
- Back Up Fast: the process of backing up is fast, saving you precious time.
How to Back Up iPhone Data via iMyFone D-Port
- Download and install iMyFone D-Port on your PC/Mac.
- Locate Export from iOS Device option on the screen.
- Click Start to choose what you wanna back up.
- Connect iPhone to scan the device.
- After scanning, preview and select data you need.
- You will be prompted to choose a folder to store iPhone data.
- Follow up and wait for the backing up complete.
Advantages of iMyFone D-Port
Data Viewing: Unlike other methods, it is possible to view your data on iTunes or iCloud when you use iMyFone D-Port.
Free Trial: Potential customers have the opportunity to try out the program and preview your data in iOS devices/iTunes backup/iCloud backup before actually buying it.
Disadvantages of iMyFone D-Port
Not Free: Although there is a free trial version, iMyFone D-Port is not free. You must buy it to back up your iPhone data to computer.
Limited Backup: At the moment, iMyFone D-Port only supports 20 data that can be backup.
So far, we have shown you three ways about how to back up iPhone. The ball is in your court as to which method to choose. And looking at the advantages and disadvantages of each method can help you determine the best.