"Hi! I was desperately waiting for iPhone X and now that I got it, I wanted to know an easy way to backup my WhatsApp data separately. Is there any suggestion for backup iPhone X selectively? Your help will be appreciated."
A lot of people who are mad over iPhones have immediately switched to the newly released iPhone X. Well! Congratulations if you are one of them. After all, Apple always surprises the users with some wonderful features and functions. After getting possession, if you are wondering how you can backup iPhone X selectively or fully, you can get the answer by just scrolling down.
Tool You'll Need to Backup iPhone X Selectively
The top way to backup iPhone X selectively, all you need is iMyFone D-Port Pro which is the best and professional backup and restore tool helping the users to save their data fully or partially in an effective way. Also, the process is done without any disturbance to the previous backup files on your computer. The users can view their backup content after it is made. It is a quick tool that can support iOS 11 as well.
iMyFone D-Port Pro iPhone Backup and Restore Tool (Coming Soon)
- This marvelous tool can help the users to backup their iPhone X completely without overwriting the previous backup your made.
- The users can backup their data selectively on their choice if they want. Like, the tool helps in backing up WhatsApp, text messages or WeChat separately.
- D-Port Pro also restores the data selectively from the backups made by iMyFone D-Port Pro, iTunes, and iCloud.
- iMyFone D-Port Pro can export 20+ data types from iOS device or even iCloud and iTunes backup.
1. Backup Messages, WeChat, or WhatsApp on iPhone X Separately
As we said that iMyFone D-Port Pro can backup WhatsApp, WeChat or messages merely, we are going to write the tutorial to backup iPhone X selectively in the following section.
1. Open your PC and then run the browser in it. Download iMyFone D-Port Pro and install it. When installed, proceed to launch it and connect your iPhone X with the computer using USB cable.
2. Select "Backup Up & Export from Device" and then opt for the option you want to backup. Here we’re going to click on "Backup Messages". If you want to backup WhatsApp messages or WeChat messages, just click the corresponding buttons.
After that, read the notes and hit on "Back Up" button on the next screen.
3. When the backup is completed, you will get a notification regarding it. Also, please make sure that you don’t detach your iPhone X until the finishing of the process.
2. Make a Full Backup of iPhone X without Overwriting the Previous Backups
Here is another capability of iMyFone D-Port Pro. It can backup your full iPhone X without replacing the backup files you stored on your computer before, which is what iTunes does. Let’s learn the tutorial for the same.
1. Again, download and install the software to start the process. Launch it next and plug in iPhone X into the computer using USB cable.
2. The left panel will show you three different options, from which you are required to pick "Back Up & Export from Device". Now, click on "Make a Full Backup" option.
3. When this is done, on the next screen, click on "Back Up" option.
After all this, the program is ready to make the full backup for your iPhone X. Just wait for the notification once the backup is done.
3. Selectively Restore iPhone X from Backup Files
Apart from making backup of iPhone X using iMyFone D-Port Pro, you can restore the backup back to your iPhone X. In additon, the tool allows the users to selectively restore contacts, messages, WeChat, or WhatsApp from the backup made by iCloud, iTunes, or iMyFone D-Port Pro. Here we are giving the step guide for restoring messages from iMyFone backup as well. Let’s begin!
1.First launch and go to "Restore Backup to Device" and select the backup file from which you want to restore your messages. Here we are clicking on "iMyFone Backup". Similarly you can select whether you want to restore from iCloud or iTunes backup.
2. Now, from restore full or partial backup options, you are required to choose "Restore Partial Backup".
3. Subsequently, choose "Messages" from the data types on the next screen with the purpose to restore them.
4. After this, the program will scan your messages and meanwhile you can confirm if these are what you want to restore. Finally, you need to hit "Restore" button. Hang on for the process to get complete. And that’s about it folks!
After purchasing the new phone, we don’t realize when our device gets filled with so much important data. And from those, mostly people find their messages or WhatsApp data more important other types of data and since look for a better way to get them saved for any future loss. And this is why iMyFone is recommended since it is able backup iPhone X selectively by making backup of merely messages, contacts or WhatsApp and others easily, satisfying the needs of users. It’s time to bid farewell along with a hope that you found us helpful.