Apple are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve their technology and features they could implement that users would benefit from. As of recently, Apple users can now back up their device to iCloud first, and then erase all of their data from the iPhone. That wasn't possible before, as there only used to be a function for solely erasing the data, which would jeopardise the safety of the data. Now you can learn how to backup and then erase data on your iPhone by following the steps below:
1. How to Backup Then Erase Data on iPhone
- Head into 'Settings' and select 'General', then 'Reset', then 'Erase All Content and Settings'.
- If you're asked for your password, please enter it.
- Once you've tapped on 'Erase All Content and Settings', you'll be presented with a popup box that gives you some options. Choose 'Backup Then Erase' and your device will be backed up to iCloud and then erased.
Problems that May Arise during the Process of Backup and Erasing
1. The backup process cannot be completed due to a shortage of iCloud space (less than 5GB remaining).
2. An intermittent or weak connection could terminate the backup process.
3. The backup doesn't contain all of the data and settings from your device.
4. If the backup fails, the erasing procedure won't begin, and users will have to restart the process.
2. Backup iPhone First Easily and Then Erase Whole Device
If you're searching for a better way to backup and erase data on your iPhone, then a perfect choice would be to utilize the iMyFone D-Port tool. You'll not only secure your data for further use, but you'll also have access to a ton of awesome features, such as:
- It can back up your device without any limitations whatsoever, and backup function within the software is completely free of charge.
- You have genuine freedom with the tool. You can selectively back up data from your iPhone, meaning you don't have to do a bulk backup. For instance, if you wanted to backup just WhatsApp conversations, you could do just that.
- Each new backup doesn't overwrite or affect any previous backups.
- You can view the data from the backup, which is a feature that both iTunes and iCloud don't offer.
How to Use iMyFone D-Port to Back Up iOS Device?
Believe us, it couldn't be easier to use the iMyFone D-Port tool. Here's how:
- Open up the software. On the left-hand side, you'll see 'Back Up & Export from Device'. Within that, then select 'Make a Full Backup'.
- On the next screen all you need to do is hit 'Back Up'.
- You'll then be notified when the backup is complete.
Once you've made a full backup of your device, you can then head over to your iPhone and erase all of the data directly. The whole process will only take a few minutes. Ultimately, Apple does now offer a way to backup and erase data from your iPhone, but iMyFone D-Port is a much safer, simpler and secure way to look after your data. Plus, you'll have a plethora of functions, not just a backup tool. Try its FREE trial now and see what it can do for you!