All systems are subject to failure at some point. If your iCloud or iTunes restore fails to work as it should when you are trying to restore your new iPhone 8 from an old backup, it is only natural that you may be at a loss as to what to do. This is especially true if you’ve lost some of the data on your device and you need to restore the device as soon as possible. While there are very reasons why you cannot restore your iPhone 8, we are sure you are only concerned with the solutions.
In this article, we are going to provide you with possible solutions to the problem. We are also going to go a step further and provide you with a credible alternative to restore your iPhone 8.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Solutions
If you are unable to restore the device in iTunes, try the following solutions.
- Make sure you are using the attest version of iTunes. If not, update iTunes and then try again.
- Turn off both the computer and the iPhone, turn them back on and then try again.
- Try to make a backup and restore from another computer
- If you see an error message, find a solution for that particular error code.
If you are unable to restore in iCloud, try the following.
- If the process is taking too long to complete, it may be that the size of the backup is too large. Stay connected to the Wi-Fi network and a power source until the process is complete.
- If you see a message saying the process is incomplete or some items won’t restore, you may have disconnected from Wi-Fi. Reconnect and try again.
2. A Better Way to Restore Your iPhone 8 Selectively
If you try everything and still can’t restore your iPhone 8, you may need a better way to restore the data in those backups to your device. That better solution is iMyFone D-Port Pro, a backup and restore tool that offers you more options than you’ll ever find with iTunes and iCloud. The following are some of the features that make D-Port Pro a better choice.
- You can choose to just back up your messages, WeChat and WhatsApp data only.
- Backing up all your data and settings can be done in a single click. A restore is just as simple.
- You can choose to restore messages, WeChat and WhatsApp data from iTunes, iCloud, iMyFone backup selectively without affecting the rest of the data on your device.
- It is also useful when you want to export data from your iOS device, an iTunes or iCloud backup.
How to Restore iPhone 8 from an iTunes Backup Selectively
Step 1: To begin, download and install the program to your computer and launch it. From the “Restore Backup to Device ” tab select a relevant iTunes backup from the list provided.
Step 2: Connect the device to the computer and click “Restore Partial Backup”.
Step 3: Choose the types of data you want to restore from iTunes backup. iMyFone D-Port Pro supports to restore messages, WhatsApp messages, WeChat messages from iTunes backup without effecting other data on your device.
Step 4: After selecting the data, click Next to begin the scanning process, preview and choose the data you want to restore. Click “Restore” to restore the data. The whole process may take a while to complete. Keep the device connected until it is complete.
How to Restore iPhone 8 from an iCloud Backup Selectively
Step 1: If your iCloud backups don’t appear in the main window, click “Download iCloud Backup” and then log in to iCloud.
Step 2:Then choose the relevant iCloud backup to download. Click “Next” and choose the file type you want to download from the iCloud backup.
Step 3: The program will begin downloading and scanning the backup file selected. Once the scan is complete, the program will display all the data in that file.
Step 4: Click “Restore” and the program will begin restoring the data to your device immediately. You will be notified when the process is complete.