Performing backup using computer is a conventional way, but what if you do not have a computer at hand to safeguard your data from data loss? In such a case, you can backup your iPhone without a computer. How? Well, we have tailored this post specifically for you to help you backup iPhone without a computer and selectively restore the data back to your iPhone, if you need. Read the article further to understand the step by step process for each of the possible ways.
1. Can You Backup Your iPhone without a Computer?
There are two ways through which you can back up your iPhone without a computer. And we will discuss these two ways in the following part. Please keep scrolling and reading and find the solutions for how you can take backup of your iPhone without using your computer.
A. Backup using iCloud
The first way to backup iPhone is to use iCloud. iCloud is an Apple's cloud service that offers 5GB of storage and requires a stable internet connection. Therefore, make sure that you have a good internet connection while you use this method. To backup, follow the steps given below.
- First of all, open 'Settings' in your iPhone.
- Tap on your 'Apple ID' now or '[your name]' if you're running iOS 11. Go into the 'iCloud' tab and then scroll down to select the 'iCloud Backup' option.
- Now, make sure to slide the toggle switch to turn on the iCloud backup if it is not already and proceed to the next step.
- Once you've enabled iCloud Backup you are good to go to initiate the backup. You'll now notice that, 'Back Up Now' button is available for you in the middle of the screen. Hit on it to initiate the process of backing up iPhone without the access of a computer.
b. Backup using Google Drive
Here is another way to backup iPhone without computer. That's using Google Drive. It is a file storage service developed by Google that aims to offer 15GB of storage to the users in order to get their files uploaded. To use this method, again you will need to have a good Wi-Fi network. But the downside of using this way will be that you will only be allowed to backup contacts, photos, calendar on iPhone.
- Take your iPhone and install Google Drive app.
- Launch the Google Drive app after installing it on your iPhone and tap on the 'menu' icon. The menu icon will be in the form of three horizontal lines on the top left.
- Once you hit on it, you then need to choose the 'Settings' tab from the options available.
- Lastly, you are required to hit on the 'Backup' tab and then push the 'START BACKUP' button to initiate the process. That's it, now you've backed up your iPhone contacts, photos, calendar without a computer.
2. Selectively Restore iCloud Backup to iPhone
You have learnt how you can back up your iPhone without a computer using two methods. But what if you wish to restore the backup? And what if you only want a single type of data to be restored? Don't worry if you find yourself in such situation.
You can use iMyFone D-Port Pro which is one of the most reliable tools available in the market. D-Port Pro is a third-party tool which enables you to restore your iOS data fully or selectively. That means when you selectively restore your data from either iTunes backup or iCloud backup, the other data on your iPhone will not be affected and only the data you choose to restore will be transferred to your iPhone via iMyFone D-Port Pro. Not just restoring, it also supports backup your iPhone fully or partially. Your backup files will not be overwritten by the other backups. Before providing you the step by step tutorial, we would like to let you know that this tool is available for both operating systems – Mac as well as Windows. So, download as per your PC and then proceed with the guide to have a try.
How to Selectively Restore iCloud Backup to iPhone with iMyFone D-Port Pro
Step 1 – First of all, install the software in your respective PC and launch it. After launching, click on 'Restore Backup to Device' and get the backup lists on the next screen.
Step 2 – Choose one iCloud backup and if you can't find the needed iCloud backup, you can click on the hyperlink just below the list named as 'Download iCloud Backup'. Now, log into your iCloud account by adding the iCloud information.
Step 3 – You can then see the iCloud backup files after you log into your iCloud. Choose the needed one and hit 'Next' to scan the data.
Step 4 – After getting the data scanned, you will get the data type list to choose from. Select the one you want and hit on 'Restore' in the end.