iCloud is a service offered by Apple that allows users to backup the data on their iOS devices . The users are allowed to backup their contacts, mails, photos, messages and many more types of files. Nevertheless, many times, people wish to check the backup they made recently and don't know how to do it. This is why, we have written this article. If you don't know how to check last iCloud backup, here is what you need.
1. Go to iCloud.com
Firstly, you can check last iCloud backup online in your web browser using the official website. Here is how to check last iCloud backup on iCloud.com.
- Go to the web browser and enter the iCloud website in the address bar i.e. iCloud.com.
- Log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- After this, you will be able to check some of the files you backed up last time.
Things to Be Noted:
- With the iCloud website, you will not be allowed to check every file type. For example, Kik messages, Viber messages, WhatsApp messages or attachments cannot be checked.
- There is a limited storage offered by iCloud. The users can only backup up to 5GB of data. They need to purchase space if they want more space than that.
- You are not able to extract most of the data in the backup.
2. Use a Third-party Tool to Check Last iCloud Backup
The second method to check last iCloud backup is using a third-party tool. The best third-party tool that can help you is iMyFone iTransor, also known as iMyFone D-Port Pro by previous users. It is the most recommended backup and restore tool as well as backup extraction tool that supports to extract 20+ data types. One can extract data from not only iOS devices but also iTunes/iCloud backup. The tool is the most trusted one and performs well with all iOS devices including iPhone 8/iPhone X. Check the other features of this program.
iMyFone iTransor iPhone Backup and Restore Tool (iOS 12 Supported)
- Backing up iOS devices selectively or completely.
- Previewing and retoring backups to either merge backup with iPhone data or replace iPhone data with backup.
- Restoring backups as a whole or selectively (Contacts, Messages, WhatsApp and WeChat), it's all up to you.
- Previewing and exporting your data from backups or directly from iOS devices.
How to Check Last iCloud Backup via iMyFone iTransor
Step 1: Click the Export from Device & Backup tab on the left, and choose Export From Backup to continue.
Step 2: From the backup list that follows, choose the backup that has been marked the latest time, and click Next. The program will start scanning and downloading your iCloud backup file.
Step 3: When the scanning is completed, you will come to the preview page. Choose any data you want to export from iCloud and click Export.
Step 4: When the data export finishes, you will come to a new page. Choose what you want to do next on the page. If you think previewing is enough for you to do the backup check, you may ignore the last step.
3. Tip: Selectively Restore Data from iCloud to iOS Devices
As we said earlier, you can easily restore data selectively with the help of iMyFone iTransor. Here we would like to provide you the steps to restore your data selectively from iCloud backup. If you wish to restore iCloud backup data selectively after checking your last iCloud backup, here are the steps for this purpose.
Step 1. Run the iTransor software, click the Restore Backup to Device tab on the bottom left of the screen, select a backup file you want to restore from the backup list that follows, and click Next.
Step 2. Choose how you want to restore the selected backup file on the next screen. This time we choose Restore Partial Backup.
Step 3. Connect your device to the computer, choose what you want to restore from backup (Contacts, Messages, WhatsApp and WeChat), and Click Preview & Restore to continue.
Step 4. After data scanning, you will also preview the backup details before restore. After previewing, click Restore, and you will be notified to choose how you want to deal with the data in the backup and the device. Make sure you read the notes down below before you make a choice.
Step 5. After the restoring process, you can view the restored data on your device.
We are at the end of this article and in this concluding part, we can say that now you are well aware with how to check last iCloud backup. You can choose the preferred method given above to check your last iCloud backup. Please tell us by commenting below if you know other methods.