iCloud is a service offered by Apple that allows users to backup the data on their iOS devices . The users are allowed to backup their contacts, mails, photos, messages and many more types of files. Nevertheless, many times, people wish to check the backup they made recently and don’t know how to do it. This is why, we have written this article. If you don’t know how to check last iCloud backup, here is what you need.
1. Go to iCloud.com
Firstly, you can check last iCloud backup online in your web browser using the official website. Here is how to check last iCloud backup on iCloud.com.
- Go to the web browser and enter the iCloud website in the address bar i.e. iCloud.com.
- Log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- After this, you will be able to check some of the files you backed up last time.
Things to Be Noted:
- With the iCloud website, you will not be allowed to check every file type. For example, Kik messages, Viber messages, WhatsApp messages or attachments cannot be checked.
- There is a limited storage offered by iCloud. The users can only backup up to 5GB of data. They need to purchase space if they want more space than that.
- You are not able to extract most of the data in the backup.
2. Use a Third-party Tool to Check Last iCloud Backup
The second method to check last iCloud backup is using a third-party tool. The best third-party tool that can help you is iMyFone D-Port Pro. It is the most recommended backup and restore tool as well as backup extraction tool that supports to extract 20+ data types. One can extract data from not only iOS devices but also iTunes/iCloud backup. The tool is the most trusted one and performs well with all iOS devices including iPhone 8/iPhone X. Check the other features of this program.
iMyFone D-Port Pro iPhone Backup and Restore Tool (iOS 11 Supported)
- iMyFone D-Port Pro can be said as the best iTunes alternative since it doesn’t overwrites the previous backup files unlike iTunes.
- It is able to make a full backup of iOS devices or make only WhatsApp, WeChat or messages backup which is again iTunes can’t do.
- It can also restore selectively as the user want.That means you can restore only particular type of data like WhatsApp, WeChat or messages from iTunes or iCloud backup to your device. No overwriting of the other data is guaranteed.
- It is easy to use and works perfectly with iOS 11.
How to Check Last iCloud Backup via iMyFone D-Port Pro
Step 1 – To begin to check last iCloud Backup, launch iMyFone D-Port Pro and click on "Extract Data from Backup" tab from the left panel of the main screen. Now, click on "Download iCloud backup" which will be in the form of hyperlink.
Step 2 – When you click on it, you will need to log in to the iCloud account. Just add your Apple ID and password on the next screen in the corresponding spaces given.
Step 3 – As soon as you log in, your iCloud backup will be in front of you. You can here see the entire backup, from last to earlier. Check the details and choose your last iCloud backup. Click "Next" to continue.
Step 4 – You will be asked to choose the data types you want to check. iMyFone D-Port Pro supports to extract more that 20 types of data, so you can choose "Select all". Then click "Next"
Step 5 – Then the program will download the iCloud backup and display the content in the backup. You can now check the details of your last iCloud backup.
3. Tip: Selectively Restore Data from iCloud to iOS Devices
As we said earlier, you can easily restore data selectively with the help of iMyFone D-Port Pro. Here we would like to provide you the steps to restore your data selectively from iCloud backup. If you wish to restore iCloud backup data selectively after checking your last iCloud backup, here are the steps for this purpose.
Step 1 – Open D-Port Pro and connect your iPhone to the PC with the help of a USB cable. Now, click on "Restore Backup to Device". Now, choose the last iCloud backup you just downloaded. If you did not download it, click on "Download iCloud Backup" and the process is the same as what we did above.
Step 2 – After you click "Next", there will be some notes that you should read before restoring. Once you finish reading that, you can click "Next". Then you will be asked to choose the data type that you want to restore from the iCloud backup to your device. Once you've done that, you will be able to preview the data and confirm if they are what you want to restore.
Step 3 – Lastly, hit on "Restore" to get the data in your device after a few seconds.
We are at the end of this article and in this concluding part, we can say that now you are well aware with how to check last iCloud backup. You can choose the preferred method given above to check your last iCloud backup. Please tell us by commenting below if you know other methods.