There are many reasons why you would want to get messages off your iPhone. Perhaps you need them as evidence for a legal case, or your iPhone screen is broken and you need to check the messages, or you simply want to back them up to computer for future reference. For whichever reason, we are here to offer you with information on how to go about retrieving messages off your device.
1. Copy and Email for Only One or Several Text Messages!
Your message application records all your conversations with partners, families, friends, and loved ones. Most of the texts might mean a lot to you. However, if you just want to back up a few messages, you can copy them from your message application and then paste them to your email address. After doing this, email the texts to yourself. If you want to print them out, just copy and paste them to a word-processing software and then print them out.
2. Get Multiple/All Text Messages Off iPhone
It can take you a lot of time to use the aforementioned method to get multiple messages off your iPhone. A good tool that will help you do this smoothly is iMyFone iTransor. It is an excellent iOS data backup and restore tool made to assist you get numerous messages off your iPhone to computer, and it can do much more than this:
It gets text messages off iPhone onto computer in many readable formats, such as .HTML, .XLS, or .CSV.
Besides text messages, it can get other 18+ types of data off iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, such as WhatsApp messages, notes, voice memos.
It can get text messages off iPhone backup, also, including both iTunes and iCloud backup.
It is compatible with latest iPhone models (iPhone X) and iOS versions (iOS 14), let alone the older ones.
How to Get Text Messages off an iPhone via iTransor?
Before starting the process, you need to download iTransor and install it on your computer. When done, follow these simple steps to get multiple or all text messages off your iPhone:
- Launch iTransor and then connect your iPhone to the computer. Select Export from Device & Backup, and then tap Export from Device.
- On the screen that appears, select Messages as the data you want to export. You can choose other types of data you need, of course.
- Click on Scan to start the scanning process. Here, you can view your text messages in detail and then choose what you want.
- Click Export and select a location and format for the data you would like to export to your computer.
As earlier stated, iMyFone iTransor allows you to export messages in different readable formats such as HTML and CSV. It enables you to store these messages for future use, print them, re-edit them, or dispose the unneeded files. You can do this for any iPhone, regardless of the version.
As seen, getting text messages off your iPhone to computer is quite a simple process. However, you might be wondering how to go about getting any other kind of data off your device. This part of the article will talk about exactly that.
3. How to Get Other Data off iPhone?
iTransor supports many different kinds of data including iMessages, WhatsApp data (including messages, audios, photos), WeChat, Kik, voice memos, Safari history, and contacts. Therefore, you can use the application to get off such data using similar steps as the one used for messages.
4. How to Get Text Messages from Old iTunes Backup?(iOS 14 supported)
You can get text messages off iPhone backup made by iTunes by following these steps:
- Select Export from Backup from the tab Export from Device & Backup. Doing this allows you to see all your iTunes backup files on the computer.
- Choose one file you need to export text messages from and then click Next.
- Select the different kinds of data you would like to export and then click Scan to continue. The program will start scanning the chosen backup file, and you will have access to the file as soon as the process is complete.
- Lastly, tap Export and choose the location and format to export the chosen items to your PC.
For whatever reasons you would like to get text messages off an iPhone to computer, iMyFone iTransor gives you a simple option to go about this process. You do not require any technical expertise to move your messages to your computer with this software. With the stated steps, you should be able to retrieve your messages and use them to fulfill your needs.