If you need to know how to restore iPhone X data without iTunes backup or restore iPhone X system without iTunes, you are reading the right article. We should begin this article mentioning that restoring iPhone data and restoring iPhone system are two different things though they sound pretty much similar at a glance. First, let’s identify the differences between restoring iPhone data and restoring iPhone system.
Tip: What to Know before Restoring iPhone X/8 without iTunes
Restore iPhone data:
You can perform iPhone data restoration to recover accidentally deleted or lost important data. For instance, if you lose photos, SMS, contacts and videos stored in your iOS device and you have to get them back, a data restoration must be helpful. In this case, the system of the respective device remains untouched.
Restore iPhone system:
An iPhone system recovery is required whenever an iPhone is stuck or other system issues. Also, you can perform a factory reset if your iPhone is disabled for some reason. In the event of factory reset, however, the entire settings and data will be restored.
Reasons to restore your iPhone data or iPhone system without iTunes:
You will have to try restoring iPhone system or iPhone data without iTunes due to several reasons:
- iTunes fails to restore a locked phone.
- iTunes shows errors such as 4014, 3194, 51 etc.
- You don’t have an iTunes backup.
- You need to restore selected files instead of the entire iTunes backup.
Part 1: Restore iPhone X/8 Data without iTunes Backup
Now, let’s take a look at how to restore Phone X without iTunes (you can use the same method to restore an iPhone 8).
Restore iPhone X/8 Data with iCloud
- Turn your iPhone X/8 on and erase all the data stored in it.
- Go to Apps & Data screen and select restore from iCloud backup.
- Enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud.
- Choose the relevant backup file and start the restoration (if required, you should update iOS version)
- Don’t disconnect your iPhone 8/X from the network until the process is completed.
Alternative: Restore X/8 Data via Backup & Restore Tool
Now, let’s see how to restore iPhone data by using an alternative method. In this case, we will be using iMyFone D-Port Pro, a powerful tool that comes with various features.
Main Features of iMyFone D-Port Pro
- It can backup selected files such as Messages, WhatsApp and WeChat.
- It doesn’t overwrite the previous backups created.
- It can restore different types of backups (iMyFone, iCloud or iTunes) selectively.
- It is compatible with more than 20 types of data.
- It works with iOS 11.4 and devices like iPhone X, Phone 8 and iPhone 8 plus.
Having an iCloud backup
Here’s how to restore data using iMyFone D-Port Pro if you have an iCloud backup. You should start the process by selecting Restore Backup to Device and then backup from the list appears. If you don’t see it in the list, you may download it from the iCloud account.
- Log into your iCloud account.
- Choose the backup you need to restore and click next to pick the correct data type.
- Click on next to download the iCloud backup followed by a scan. Once the downloading is done after the scanning, iMyFone D-Port iPhone backup and restore will preview the available data.
- Then, click on Restore button and that’s it!
Having no backup
If you don’t have any backup at the moment, here’s what to do.
Backup your iPhone X/8 now
You can either backup the entire device or only backup files that are important to you. Here’s how to backup your WhatsApp data.
- Go to Back Up & Export From Device and select Backup WhatsApp data.
- Select Back Up option and wait without disconnecting the phone.
- Then the selected data will be extracted from the backup.
Restore the backup quickly
Using iMyFone D-Port Pro, you can simply restore selective files or full backup depending on your need. Here’s how to restore your WhatsApp data.
- Click Restore Backup to Device.
- Select WhatsApp backup and select Next .
- It will start the scan automatically.
- You can preview the data.
- Now, click on Restore option and that’s it.
Part 2: Restore iPhone X/8 System without iTunes
Restore iPhone X/8 System Directly on iPhone
You may use the same method with iPhone X too.
- Go to settings and select General.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and select Reset.
- Go to Erase iPhone to delete media and data and reset the settings.
Restore iPhone X/8 System via iOS System Recovery Tool
If you have tried the above method to restore but in vain, you can restore iPhone 8 system without iTunes using iMyFore iOS system recovery tool.
Here are the main features of iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool:
- It is an easy to use software tool that is compatible with iPhone X, 8 and older versions.
- It supports both Windows and Mac OS.
- Restores your iOS system in a couple of easy steps.
Restore iPhone X/8 system without data loss
- Connect the device to computer. Make your device into recovery mode or DFU mode by following the on-screen instruction.
- Then select the suitable version for your iPhone model. Just hit Download and the new iOS will be downloaded.
- Now, you should select “Start To Fix” option. This process will fix many potential errors.
Note: If this process doesn’t rectify the issue, you will have to try the advanced mode. However, advance mode will erase all the data stored in your device.
Now that you know how to restore iPhone 8 data without iTunes backup, we encourage you to try the methods mentioned in this article which are applicable with iPhone X and iPhone 8. We will appreciate it if you can share how you have succeeded with these methods we’ve mentioned.