You are probably one among many who find it difficult to restore new iPhone X or iPhone 8 from iCloud. Although you did manage to create a backup, restoring the same is proving a challenge for you. If that is the synopsis, then you are at the correct place to find the solution.
2 Methods to Restore New iPhone X from iCloud
Method 1. Official Way to Restore New iPhone X from iCloud
As you have the new iPhone, it is time to restore data from iCloud. However, be cautious while performing the act, as there may be different backup files.
Step 1: Head to the "Settings" application on the device, scroll the list, and click "Reset".
Step 2: After resetting the new iPhone, a new screen appears on the device, where you will observe "Apps & Data" feature. The feature will give you certain options to restore data to the device such from iCloud or using iTunes. You can also set it as a new device or import data from Android device.
Step 3: Choose the option "Restore from iCloud Backup".
Step 4: You will then have to log into the account to view the available backups. From the list, pick the recent file or any other file that you wish to restore. Selecting the file will begin the restoration process.
Step 5: Check the iCloud's storage option if the restoration process was a success or not. Purchased content will download automatically to the device after you select the feature.
Disadvantages of Restoring New iPhone X from iCloud
Although you think that it is a simple task to restore content from iCloud backup to a new iPhone, there are a few disadvantages associated with the procedure. The following are the few steps that will help you understand why there is a downside:
- If you forget to take the latest backup of your iPhone to the iCloud before moving to the new iPhone, then you will probably lose unsaved content. For example, if the last update of your backup was on 10th August and you plan to create a new device today, then the files stored or set up in between the dates will not appear.
- Although iCloud provides you the chance to pick the category that you wish to restore to the new iPhone, it does not provide the opportunity to preview the content or select individual files.
- The significant impact is the time consumed during the procedure. The restoration process is long and increases according to the size of the backup file. Even worse, one may abort the entire activity at the last minute due to failures and errors.
Method 2. Restore New iPhone X from iCloud with iMyFone iTransor
When we are speaking about restoring data from iCloud to a new iPhone in the quickest possible way, the only answer that we can come up with is by using a iMyFone iTransor (renamed from D-Port Pro). The platform is an excellent medium for moving content from any backup file created by using iCloud or iTunes.
The primary reasons why iMyFone iTransor is the right choice for you.
iMyFone iTransor (iOS 12 supported)
- It is available to fully or partially restore data from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- It identifies over 20+ file types and provides the chance to export content from WhatsApp and other instant messaging applications.
- You have the additional advantage of accessing data of iTunes and iCloud with using the restoration feature.
- The availability of the program for both Windows and Mac users further makes it simple to access iPhone with ease.
Steps to Partially Recover WhatsApp from iCloud to New iPhone
Step 1: Install the trial copy of the program. Choose the version for Windows PC or Mac. You then launch it and click "Download iCloud Backup" from "Acquire Backup from Device & iCloud" on the left tab.
Step 2: Here, log in with your iCloud account. Pick the needed iCloud backup from the list and press "Next" to download.
Step 3: Once finishes, choose "Restore Data from the Backup" to start restoration. If you have downloaded the needed iCloud backup, you can directly go to "Restore Backup to Device" on the left tab, instead of downloading it first.
Step 4: Choose the data types you want to restore (for now, iTransor supports to selectively restore messaegs, contacts, WhatsApp and WeChat from your iCloud backup). Meanwhile, connect your new iPhone to computer. Then you can choose to restore directly or preview first and then restore.
Step 5: After making a decision to restore, you can choose the "Replace" option if your new iPhone is totally new. This option will restore all your selected data to your device. If there is already some corresponding data on your new device, you can choose to merge which will conbine the selected data from your backup to your device with no data overwritting.
Step 6: Then wait for the restore process to complete. After that you can view them on your device.
As you have seen the disadvantages of restoring new iPhone with iCloud backup directly, it is time for you to opt for iMyFone iTransor. Try it out for free to understand its ability and the endless possibilities it offers in exporting data from an iOS device.