Viber messages are not saved automatically. Sometimes it may so happen that you wish to change your phone. In such cases, you do not want to lose your old Viber messages or even other messages and pictures. You may be in need of restoring all the Viber messages to the new iPhone X or iPhone 8. You will need to use iCloud, as iCloud can automatically back up your iPhone data (Viber messages are included) everyday, so that users can choose to restore from iCloud backup with ease. If you do not know precisely how to do it from the iCloud, here we are to guide you in your approach.
Part 1. Back Up Viber Messages
You have the option of restoring all messages from your iCloud backup provided you had backed up all the content meticulously. Let us see some steps to be followed.
Ensure an iCloud backup
Creating an iCloud backup is a remarkably easy task. Here are the steps to be followed.
- Go to settings on iPhone.
- Click iCloud and sign in to enable iCloud Drive.
- Scroll down to switch on Viber option.
Always ensure that you are connected to the iCloud when you are backing up.
Additional Tip to Back Up Viber Messages Manually
- Open the Viber app.
- Select the ‘more options’ screen.
- Now, select ‘Settings’ in it and then choose ‘Account’.
- Now select ‘Viber backup’ and then choose ‘Backup now’.
Automatically Back Up Viber Messages on iPhone
In order to set your phone to automatically back up the content, you need to do the following steps.
- Open the more screen and then tap on ‘Settings’
- Now choose ‘Account’ and then select ‘Viber backup’
- Now tap on ‘Auto backup’ and select weekly or monthly as per your preferences.
Part 2. Restore All Data from iCloud Backup
Before restoring from iCloud backup, you have to reset your device to factory settings. Here is how you can do it.
- Head to ‘Settings’ and then move to ‘General’.
- Now, select on ‘Reset’ and then in the windowthat opens, choose ‘Reset all content and settings’.
- Follow on screen instructions and this will do the task.
When you have deleted all content from your device, you can set it up as a new one.
- Power your iPhone and when you are past the hello screen, you will reach a page called Apps and data.
- In this page, the first option is to restore from iCloud backup.
- You should select this option and then log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
- Now you will find a lot of iCloud backups and you can choose the recent one by using the dates filter and select it.
- Now, restore from the iCloud backup and make sure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi during the whole process.
Note: This method is easy and convenient to use, however, you may suffer from a data loss as all of the existing data will be erased.
Part 3. Restore Only Viber from iCloud Backup
If you do not want to restore the whole content and you only wish to restore your Viber messages, iMyFone D-Port Pro is more flexible to use as have the option of selectively restore specific data from both the iTunes and the iCloud backup, such as messages, WhatsApp data, WeChat data, etc. And you can preview the files for free before restoring them. Worth to have a try.
Let us see the main steps to be followed for the sake of restoring the Viber messages from the iCloud backup. Download iMyFone D-Port Pro on your system and make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same system.
Step 1Now on the program, click on ‘Restore backup to device’ and then you need to choose the backup file you want to restore.
Step 2If suppose the backup file is not present in the list, you can download it from your iCloud account by choosing ‘Download iCloud backup’.
Step 3When you have found the right backup file, you then need to click on ‘Next’ to download the iCloud backup.
Step 4After the scanning, you can preview the data, select the ones you want to restore and then click on ‘Restore’, and the content will be saved to your device.
Step 5The restoring process will last for a while. After the process, you can view the restored data on your device.
Overall, iMyFone D-Port Pro is excellent software and many a times when you do not want the whole bulky iCloud backup to be restored, opting for this software seems like the right thing to do.