Using your iPad for WhatsApp messaging can give you a lot more free storage on your iPhone. Anyone who uses WhatsApp will know that just a few weeks of using this app will result in a problem that space being filled up. Thus by using your iPad, you can keep your iPhone clear. Here our focus in this article is to discuss how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPad.
Get WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPad via Official Feature
If you look at the WhatsApp application, you’ll see that there is an official feature for transferring messages. To use this feature for transferring your data, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone go to “Settings > Chat Settings > Back Up Now”. Tap Back Up Now again to confirm the backup.
- Now on your iPad, install WhatsApp and sign in using the same phone number.
- When given the option, choose to restore chat messages from a backup.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPad via iCloud Backup
You can also transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPad directly through your iCloud account, which will wipe out all current data on target iPad. This is the drawbacks of this method, but it’ll do the job.
- On your iPhone, open “Settings” and go to “Apple ID > iCloud”. If backups aren’t enabled, press the “iCloud Backup” slider.
- Tap the “Back Up Now” button and wait while your device data is backed up.
- Turn on your iPad and after signing in with the same Apple ID, restore the backup that you just created.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPad via iTunes Backup
A similar approach can be taken, and you can transfer WhatsApp backup iPhone without iCloud but instead via iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a lightning cable and open iTunes. Direct yourself to “File > Devices > Back Up”.
- Once the backup is complete, disconnect your iPhone and instead connect your iPad.
- Go to the summary page and click “Restore Backup…”. Choose the iTunes backup that you had taken of your iPhone.
Alternative Way to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPad
Alternatively, you can choose to transfer your WhatsApp messages with iMyFone D-Port Pro. This program has been designed around iPhone data management, making it perfect.
- Preview data prior to backing it up or having it restored to your iOS device.
- Selectively back up only the important data from your iPhone.
- Export and access data from any backup (e.g. from iTunes, iMyFone, or iCloud).
- Export files from your iPhone without jailbreaking.
There are plenty of other features on top of these, but this is just a few that highlight how amazing iMyFone D-Port Pro is.
Backup WhatsApp from iPhone & Restore Backup to iPad
Phase 1: Back Up WhatsApp Data from iPhone
To transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPad, first you need take a backup of your WhatsApp data on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone using a USB cable and click “Back Up & Export from Device”.
- From the options shown, select “Back Up WhatsApp”.
- Read the briefing, click “Back Up”, and within seconds you’ll be done.
Phase 2: Restore WhatsApp Data from iMyFone Backup to Your iPad
After taking the backup from your iPhone, you can now restore the WhatsApp data to your iPad.
- Click “Restore Backup to Device” and then “Restore Partial Backup”.
- Next, choose the WhatsApp backup you have just made to restore.
- After a few minutes, all of your WhatsApp data can be found on your iPad.
Directly Restore WhatsApp Data from iTunes Backup to Your iPad
If you’ve previously taken an iTunes backup that contains WhatsApp messages and attachments that you want to restore, you can do this with iMyFone D-Port Pro as well.
- Choose one of the backups that are listed to continue.
- Connect your iPad and click on “Restore Full Backup” or “Restore Partial Backup” from the left menu.
- When you’re happy to proceed, the WhatsApp messages in your iTunes backup will now be restored to your iPad.
Directly Restore WhatsApp Data from iCloud Backup to Your iPad
On a similar note, we are also able to use iMyFone D-Port Pro to restore WhatsApp messages from an iCloud backup. Please note that your computer must be connected to the internet.
- Launch iMyFone D-Port Pro and click on “Restore Backup to Device”. Below the list of backups, click “Download iCloud Backup” and enter your Apple account information.
- A list of your iCloud backups will be presented; select the relevant backup and after you click “Next”.
- Once the backup has been downloaded and scanned, browse the backup and tick the box next to “WhatsApp”. After you click “Restore”, the WhatsApp data will be available on your iPad.
For those of you who are sceptical about entering your Apple account’s email and password into a third-party program, don’t worry. iMyFone D-Port Pro does not store the information that is entered, the connection is direct to the iCloud servers.
There are a lot of different solutions here to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPad and we hope that you can find one of them to help you out. Regardless of which method you choose, let us know in the comments which one was the most helpful and please don’t hesitate to use iMyFone D-Port Pro to complete the transfer directly without using iTunes or iCloud.