So you got your new iPhone X and paid a tremendous amount of money. That’s ok since it is indeed an amazing device. However, you don’t know how to put backup of your old iPhone to new your iPhone X or iPhone 8?
Here the article tells how to do this with 3 different methods. All 3 are great and you may use the one that suits your needs the best to ease your stress & frustration. Go on and find what can help.
Selectively Put Data in Backups on iPhone X/iPhone 8
Do you ever think about WhatsApp or WeChat messages in backup and want to put them into your new iPhone X/iPhone 8? Well, backing up & restoring messaging apps is a necessity nowadays, but it is a pity that iTunes and iCloud backup don’t support this feature. In the first method, we give iMyFone D-Port Pro. This iPhone data & backup management software is from the critically acclaimed iMyFone that is extremely versatile & useful. See what the program can do for you:
With D-Port Pro, you can:
- Back up and restore messaging apps separately. If you need, you can selectively restore only WhatsApp messages to new iPhone.
- • Put data from different iTunes/iCloud backups on the new iPhone X/iPhone 8.
- Make new backups for iPhone that will not overwrite previous backups (another feature that iTunes is lacking).
- Back up your iPhone with no limit on storage no matter how much data you have on your iPhone, while iCloud only includes 5GB of free space.
These reasons are why the D-Port Pro should be one of your number 1 choices for backing up and managing your backup files. The following is how to put backup on new iPhone X/iPhone 8 via iMyFone D-Port Pro in a glance.
(1) Simply connect your iPhone X/iPhone 8 to a PC/Mac and run iMyFone D-Port Pro. Click Restore Backup to Device and you will see all the iTunes backups on your computer. Pick one and click Next to continue.
(2) Pick if you want to restore a partial or full backup. This is a great feature since sometimes you won’t need the full backup. Here we take Restore Partial Backup as example.
(3) You need to select the types of data you need to restore to your iPhone X/iPhone 8. Click Next to confirm the matters needs attention before backing up. Click Next to proceed.
(4) After scanning, you can preview the data and confirm whether you want to restore it. Click Restore to start the final step.
(5) Then you can just wait the process to be finished and then check the data in old backup on your new iPhone X/iPhone 8.
- Note: While the above is how to put iTunes backup on new iPhone X/iPhone, users can also restore iCloud backup on the new iPhone X/iPhone 8 using iMyFone D-Port Pro. In similar steps, users just need to download their iCloud backup data via the software and then restore it with similar steps, but instead of selecting iTunes backup file, they need to download and select the iCloud backup file.
Put iCloud Backup on New iPhone X/iPhone 8
The second method to put your iCloud backup on your new iPhone X or iPhone 8 is to use Apple’s iCloud service. This method has its own limitations, but it will still do the job.
(1). Start your new iPhone X/iPhone 8. Follow the on-screen prompt and connect the Wi-Fi network.
(2). Follow the steps until you see the Apps & Data screen. Choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
(3). Fill in your iCloud account information and then choose an iCloud backup to restore.
(4). Stay connected and wait for the restore process to finish, then complete the rest of the onscreen setup steps.
Put iTunes Backup on New iPhone X/iPhone 8
This method requires connection to a computer/Mac with iTunes software installed. Like what we said above, you will have to put the whole backup on new iPhone, or you get nothing – You just cannot choose the data you need only.
(1). Connect your old iPhone to your Mac or Windows and open iTunes.
(2). Go to summary and then go to the “Backups”. Click Restore Backup… and make sure you stay connected and the process is finished completely.
(3). Wait for the process to finish. The time depends on how large is the backup.
In the end, all methods have their own pros & cons, but iMyFone D-Port Pro offers a simpler and more versatile backup management and restore features. One thing is certain, following any of the methods here, you will be able to transfer the backup data from your old iPhone to your iPhone X/iPhone 8. Besides, don’t forget to freely back up your new iPhone X/iPhone 8 regularly with D-Port Pro.