So you bought a new iPhone 8 or iPhone X and you want to restore your apps from a backup and put them on your new phone. You want to do this without having to restore the whole backup, though—just the apps. Since you only need a select few apps and not everything that was on your previous iPhone, what do you do? Is there a way to just extract your apps without everything else?
The answer is yes! Read on and you'll learn how to restore your apps to your iPhone 8 or iPhone X without having to waste your time restoring the entire backup. All you need is a special tool.
The Tool You'll Need to Restore Apps
While all of the official backup and restore methods that Apple provides require you to restore the entire backup, there is a way around this. You can use a tool called iMyFone D-Port Pro, and you'll have the freedom to extract specific parts of your backup and restore them to your new iPhone8/iPhone X. Here are some of its important features:
- It was developed by a reputable company, iMyFone, which is also known for their popular iMyFone D-Back and iMyFone Umate Pro software. They are dedicated to helping you take back control of your iOS devices from Apple.
- With D-Port Pro, you can back up and restore your iPhone selectively, choosing only the important data. Even if you only want to restore one type of data, you can do so easily.
- D-Port Pro supports both built-in apps and third-party apps on the iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
- It's easy to use and if you just want to try it out, there's a free trial available.
Easy Steps to Restore Multiple Apps to iPhone 8/iPhone X
Here are the easy steps for restoring your apps on your iPhone 8 or iPhone X using D-Port Pro:
(1) Download and install D-Port Pro to your computer, then plug your iPhone into your computer.
(2) Open up D-Port and then click on Restore Backup to Device on the left sidebar.
(3) Choose a backup from the list and click Next.
(4) Click Restore Partial Backup and click Next again.
(5) Now choose the type of app data that you want to restore. You can choose WhatsApp, WeChat and messages. iMyFone will support more data types in future updates, such as contacts, notes and much more.
(6) The software will now scan the backup for that type of data. Choose the specific data that you want from the app, then click Restore.
(7) Wait until the application is done restoring the data before you unplug your device.
How to Restore WhatsApp Only to iPhone 8/iPhone X
You can also restore only WhatsApp to your iPhone 8/iPhone X if you have made a WhatsApp backup with iMyFone D-Port Pro. Here is how to restore specifically just your WhatsApp data to your iPhone 8 or iPhone X easily:
(1) As before, launch D-Port Pro on your computer. Make sure your new iPhone is connected via USB.
(2) Click where it says Restore Backup to Device in the left sidebar.
(3) Choose a WhatsApp backup from the list, then click Next. Read what D-Port Pro shows.
(4) Now click "Next". iMyFone D-Port Pro will scan the WhatsApp and show data in it. Preview them to confirm that the backup is what you need.
(5) Click Restore. Wait while the software restores the WhatsApp data to your device.
Keep in mind that this does not just work for WhatsApp; we are just using it here as an example. You can also restore data from WeChat and the Messages app to iPhone 8/iPhone X.
If you want to restore just certain types of data to your iPhone, you can do this fairly easily by using iMyFone D-Port Pro. With only a few clicks, you can restore data from third-party and built-in apps. It's so easy, anyone could use it. Besides, its free trial version offers a lot of benefits to users. Give it to see what it can do for you!