So you bought a new iPhone 8 or iPhone X and you want to restore your apps from a backup and put them on your new phone. You want to do this without having to restore the whole backup, though—just the apps. Since you only need a select few apps and not everything that was on your previous iPhone, what do you do? Is there a way to just extract your apps without everything else?
The answer is yes! Read on and you'll learn how to restore your apps to your iPhone 8 or iPhone X without having to waste your time restoring the entire backup. All you need is a special tool.
The Tool You'll Need to Restore Apps
While all of the official backup and restore methods that Apple provides require you to restore the entire backup, there is a way around this. You can use a tool called iMyFone iTransor (renamed from D-Port Pro), and you'll have the freedom to extract specific parts of your backup and restore them to your new iPhone8/iPhone X. Here are some of its important features:
iMyFone iTransor iPhone Backup and Restore Tool (iOS 12 supported)
- It is developed by a reputable company, iMyFone, which is also known for their popular iMyFone D-Back and iMyFone Umate Pro software. They are dedicated to helping you take back control of your iOS devices from Apple.
- With iTransor, you can back up and restore your iPhone selectively, choosing only the important data. Even if you only want to restore one type of data, you can do so easily.
- iTransor supports both built-in apps and third-party apps on the iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
- It's easy to use and if you just want to try it out, there's a free trial available.
- Restore fully or partially with different options - Merge and Replace.
Easy Steps to Restore Multiple Apps to iPhone 8/iPhone X
Here are the easy steps for restoring your apps on your iPhone 8 or iPhone X using iTransor:
(1) Download and install iTransor to your computer. Open up iTransor and then click on Restore Backup to Device on the left sidebar. Select one backup you want to restore and click "Next".
(2) Here choose Restore Full Backup to proceed.
(3) Read the notes carefully and connect your device to computer. Then choose "Preview & Restore" or "Directly Restore". Please remember that only messages, contacts,WhatsApp and WeChat can be previewed in your backup, while other data can be restored instead of previewing. Make sure that your device needs to be connected to computer and trust this connection.
(5) If you have a totally new device, we suggest you select to restore directly to save time. If you do not care about overwriting the current data on your device, you cna choose "Fully Replace". If you do not want to make messages, contacts, WhatsApp and WeChat data being overwritten, you can choose "Merge & Replace". That means these four data types can be merged from backup with the corresponding data on your device, while other data will be replaced totally.
(6) The software will now start to rsetore. Wait after the software is done restoring the data, you can unplug your device.
How to Restore WhatsApp Only to iPhone 8/iPhone X
You can also restore only WhatsApp to your iPhone 8/iPhone X if you have made a WhatsApp backup with iMyFone iTransor. Here is how to restore specifically just your WhatsApp data to your iPhone 8 or iPhone X easily:
(1) As before, launch iTransor on your computer. Click where it says Restore Backup to Device in the left sidebar and all your backup files will be listed on the screen.
(2) Choose a WhatsApp backup or a backup including WhatsApp data from the list. Choose Restore Partial Bakcup option.
(3) iMyFone iTransor will show the data types that be restored selectively like WhatsApp, messages, contacts and WeChat. Choose "WhatsApp". Then connect your device to computer and make a decision from "Preview & Restore" and "Directly Restore".
(4) If you want to save your time or you can confirm that what you want is definately in this backup, you can choose to restore directly.
(5) Read what iTransor shows on the screen and select one you want to start restoring. You can view the restored WhatsApp data on your device after the successful restoration.
Keep in mind that this does not just work for WhatsApp; we are just using it here as an example. You can also restore data from WeChat, contacts and the Messages app to iPhone 8/iPhone X.
If you want to restore just certain types of data to your iPhone, you can do this fairly easily by using iMyFone iTransor. With only a few clicks, you can restore data from third-party and built-in apps. It's so easy that anyone could use it. Besides, its free trial version offers a lot of benefits to users. Give it to see what it can do for you!