Are you ready to upgrade to iOS 11? Do you have tons of data on your old iOS devices that you want to put on a new iOS 11 device? There are lots of issues that you can face trying to restore data from Old iTunes and iCloud backups to devices running iOS 11. Luckily, it is possible to do this. There are a few official methods, but by far the easiest involve third-party apps. Let’s take a look:
How to Restore Data from Old iTunes backup to iOS 11?
The first way to restore your data is to use an old iTunes backup to export your data to your new device. Here is how you do it:
(1) Connect your device to the computer that you used to back up your data.
(2) Launch iTunes. If you are asked to trust the computer, simple confirm and put in your passcode.
(3) You will see your device listed in iTunes. Click on your device and you should see your summary page.
(4) Click Restore Backup...
(5) Now you can choose which backup that you want to restore from. You will be able to see both the date when they were made and the size of the backup.
(6) If your backup was encrypted, you will be asked to put in the password of the backup at this time (this is different from your Apple password). Please note that if you have forgotten this password, there is no way to recover it.
(7) Your device will now be backed up by iTunes. Keep it plugged in during this time. After it is done restarting, keep it connected while it syncs with iTunes. Once this is done, then you can disconnect it.
How to Restore Data from Old iCloud backup to iOS 11?
Before you start, make sure that you are connected to your network or else this method won’t work.
(1) When you first turn on a device that is brand new or has undergone a factory reset, you will see the Hello screen.
(2) There will be some instructions on this screen. Follow them until you are at the Apps & Data screen.
(3) Now tap where it says Restore from iCloud Backup.
(4) When promoted put in your Apple ID and password to sign into iCloud.
(5) Now you can pick which backup you want from a list of backups. As soon as you select one, iCloud will begin transferring the backup to your device.
(6) You may be asked to sign in again with your Apple ID in order to restore your purchases. You can always skip this step and do it later.
(7) You will see a progress bar as your backup is restored. How long this takes depends on your network speed.
Restore Data from Old iTunes/iCloud backup to iOS 11 by CopyTrans Shelbee
If you’re looking for a more simple way of restoring your old backups to iOS 11, or if you’ve been having compatibility issues using Apple’s official methods, then you can use a third-party app.
(CopyTrans Shelbee is one of the best backup and restore tools available for iOS 11. It makes the process of creating, managing, and restoring your backups incredibly easy. Unlike Apple’s backup tools, with CopyTrans Shelbee, you can:
- Back up iPhone content including messages, contacts, photos as well as iPhone settings.
- Restore the backup wherever you want, even you don’t have network or iTunes.
- It lets you decide where to save iPhone content or restore which old iTunes backup.
How to Restore Data from Old iTunes backup to iOS 11 by Shelbee
Here is how you can use CopyTrans Shelbee to restore your old backups to iOS 11:
(1) Open CopyTrans Shelbee on your computer and follow its prompt to connect your device to it.
(2) Click Restore and you will be able to select from a list of your old backups. Select the one you want to restore.
(3) Click Start button and confirm you want to restore the backup to the device running iOS 11.
(4) The program will take a while to finish the whole process. Wait and keep your device connected.
(5) And that’s it! The old iTunes backup has been restored and you can enjoy your data and setting on iOS 11.
You can restore your backups in a number of ways, but not all of them are as easy and simple as CopyTrans Shelbee. If you’re not a tech expert, but you want convenience and the best security, then choose CopyTrans Shelbee over Apple’s limited official methods of restoring your backups.