Do you need to restore your iPhone 8 or iPhone X to last backup? There are a few different ways to do this, depending on your goals. While you can use the official Apple methods, using third-party applications will give you a whole lot more control.
The answer is yes! Read on and you'll learn how to restore your apps to your iPhone 8 or iPhone X without having to waste your time restoring the entire backup. All you need is a special tool.
Restore iPhone 8/iPhone X to Last Backup Using iMyFone D-Port Pro
iMyFone D-Port Pro is a program that allows you to back up the data on iOS devices and store it anywhere on your computer. It’s easy to use and allows you many freedoms that iTunes’ backup process doesn’t. For example:
- You can make a backup of your whole device, or back up only WhatsApp, WeChat, messages on iPhone.
- Likewise, you can restore your entire backup, or only partial data in the backup.
- You can export data from your iOS device selectively.
- You can restore data not only from your last backup, but it can also restore old backups to your iPhone 8 or iPhone X.
- You can export data from your iTunes backups and iCloud backups to your computer.
How to Restore Your iPhone 8/iPhone X to Its Last Backup
Here is how you can restore your iPhone 8 or iPhone X to its last backup with D-Port Pro. The whole process is pretty straightforward and easy to follow:
(1) Download and install D-Port Pro to your computer. Connect your device to your computer via USB.
(2) Launch D-Port Pro and click on the side where it says Restore Backup to Device.
(3) Choose your last iTunes backup from the list that comes up on the screen, then click Next. Note that the list includes all your iTunes backup, iCloud backups you have download using the program, and other backups you have made by the program.
(4) Now click where it says Restore Full Backup on the main screen. D-Port Pro will show you the matters you should think about before resotring.
(5) The application will tell you to connect your iPhone if it isn't already connected. Click Next, then click Restore, and the software should restore this latest backup to your iPhone 8/iPhone X. Don't disconnect your device until it is done.
This is just an example using your latest iTunes backup, but you can restore just about any kind of backup. You can even restore partial backup or extract data from backups to save on your computer with iMyFone D-Port Pro.
Restore iPhone 8/iPhone X to Last Backup with iTunes
In this method, we're just going to use the official iTunes application to restore from backup. This is not the best method because you can't pick and choose what data you want to restore, among other restrictions. Here is how you do it, assuming you already made an iTunes backup previously for your device, and that your device is new or restored to factory settings:
(1) Turn the new iPhone 8 or iPhone X on.
(2) When you see the "Hello" screen, press the Home button and follow the on-screen directions.
(3) When you're at the Apps & Data screen, you can tap Restore from iTunes Backup, and then Next.
(4) After that, plug your new iPhone into the computer that has your backup, then open iTunes if it isn't already.
(5) Click on your device icon when it shows up.
(6) In the Summary page, click Restore Backup…
(7) Choose the backup you want to restore from. (Check the dates to make sure that it is the latest one, in this case.)
(8) Now you just wait while iTunes restore the backup. Don't unplug it during this process.
Restore iPhone 8/iPhone X to Last Backup with iCloud
You can also use iCloud to transfer your backup to your new device, again assuming that you are starting from a new or restored iPhone 8/iPhone X, and that you have a previous backup stored on iCloud. Here is how you do it:
(1) On your device, you should be starting from the Hello screen, as if it is new or restored.
(2) Press the Home button and follow the directions until you get to the WiFi screen. From there, join a WiFi network.
(3) Keep going through the on-screen instructions until you get to the Apps & Data screen, and then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
(4) Sign into your iCloud account.
(5) Pick the latest backup from the list and iCloud will begin restoring from backup. Do not disconnect from the network while this happens.
There are several ways to restore your iPhone 8 or iPhone X from the last backup, but the most versatile way is to use iMyFone D-Port Pro. With D-Port Pro, you have a lot more control and you can do much more to your last, and old backups, including restoring and extracting the data from them. Try the free Trial Version of iMyFone D-Port Pro to view your data in backups!