Did something go wrong with your iPhone and now you need to do a restore to get it back to normal? This can often happen when you encounter a significant bug in iOS. Sometimes it happens right after iOS 11 update. At any rate, there are a few different ways to restore iPhone from computer, as well as a few details that you should know before you attempt this.
Restore iPhone to Factory Settings from Computer
Here is how you can use your iTunes on your computer to restore your iPhone to factory settings. Follow the official way:
(1) Launch iTunes on your computer.
(2) Plug your iPhone into your computer with your USB cable.
(3) If your iPhone screen says that you need to trust the computer or input your passcode, then do so and follow the instructions on the screen.
(4) Click on your device icon in iTunes.
(5) In the summary area of the screen, click where it says Restore iPhone...
(6) Click Restore once again for confirmation.
(7) Wait while iTunes restores your iPhone. Do not unplug it while the restore is happening. You will know that it is down when the iPhone restarts and is ready to be set up.
Now, remember that restoring iPhone to factory settings using your computer will erase all of the data on your iPhone. Since a lot of users want to naturally avoid this at all costs, let's take a look at a better way to restore iPhone from computer without having to lose any of your data.
Restore iPhone from Backup on Computer
Another way that you can restore your iPhone is to simply take one of your old iPhone backups from your computer and restore your iPhone from it. This can fix a lot of problems, and you won’t lose data, as long as you backed up the iPhone when you still had your data on it.
Restore iPhone from Backups on Computer Using iMyFone D-Port Pro
Finally, you can use a great third-party application called iMyFone D-Port Pro to restore iPhone from computer backup. The nice thing about this program is that it allows you to restore not only iTunes backup, but also iCloud backup and other separate backups made by iMyFone D-Port Pro. Here are some of its key features:
- Supports to restore a partial backup without overwriting other data on iPhone.
- You can backup and restore only what you need, and don't have to consider those unnecessary data.
- Extract data from your iTunes or iCloud backup without having to do a restore.
- Supports many kinds of data types, including WhatsApp data, WeChat data, messages, and more.
Steps to Restore iPhone From Backup on Computer Using iMyFone D-Port Pro
Here is how to restore iPhone from computer backup using iMyFone D-Port Pro:
(1) Download and install iMyFone D-Port Pro from the official website.
(2) Run D-Port Pro and click Restore Backup to Device on the main screen.
(3) From there, you will see a list of all your backups. These will include backups made with D-Port, as well as iTunes and iCloud backups. Pick the one that you need and click Next.
(4) Click Restore Full Backup and then plug your iPhone into your computer.
(5) Once the device has successfully connected, then click Restore and the program will begin to restore the device.
(6) Keep in mind that once you do this, the data on your device will be overwritten, since this is a full restore. Also, remember not to disconnect your phone from your computer during this process.
Restore iPhone From Computer Backup Using iTunes
You can also use iTunes to restore only iTunes backups on computer. Here are steps restoring iPhone from computer by iTunes:
(1) Launch iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
(2) Same with method 1, you may have to put your passcode in to trust the computer. If so, do that now. (You will see instructions on your iPhone screen if this is the case.)
(3) Click on your device icon in iTunes. This will be near the top left.
(4) In the summary page, click Restore Backup...
(5) Choose which backup you want from the list that is shown. You can examine the dates and times to see which is the most fitting.
(6) Click Restore.
(7) iTunes will now restore your device from backup, then the device will restart itself and sync to iTunes. Don't unplug your iPhone until after it is completely done syncing with iTunes.
There are many different ways that you can restore iPhone from computer. For example, you can do a factory restore or restore from backup with iTunes. The best way to do it, however, is with iMyFone D-Port Pro. D-Port Pro iPhone backup and restore tool gives you the greatest variety of choices and the highest level of control. You can restore your device fully or partially, as well as extract data from backups without even having to do a full restore. So if you find that you will need to restore your device, download iMyFone D-Port Pro to make your life a bit easier.