What should I do? I lost my iPhone and bought a new one. I have backups (both iTunes and iCloud) for the old iPhone and of course I can restore the old backup to the new phone. However, the question is that can I restore iPhone from different backups? The WhatsApp data is in my iTunes backup, but my iCloud backup has the latest messages and contacts but no WhatsApp data because I have only 5GB free iCloud space! Does anyone know how to restore iPhone from different backups, especially different iTunes or iCloud backups?
1. Is That Possible to Restore iPhone from Different Backups?
Everyone knows that it's impossible to restore your iPhone from different backups, right? Well, using Apple's software, you can only restore from one backup at a time, and you can't even be selective about what data you restore.
Actually, it's not impossible! With the right software, you can restore iPhone from different backups, and do more. We will discuss how to do this in the following content.
The Tool You Will Need: iMyFone iTransor
The tool you will need to restore from multiple backups is iMyFone iTransor. This software lets you do almost anything with your backups, and it makes it a lot easier to extract the data that you need. With D-Port, you can:
- Not only restore your iPhone from different iTunes and iCloud backups, but you can also restore some types of data from your iTunes backups and then restore other types from your iCloud backup. You can mix and match data all you want.
- Restore specific types of data from your backups without affecting the other data on your iPhone. In other words, you don't have to be worried about overwriting your data.
- Make separate backups for each of your apps if you want—for example, a backup that is made only of your message data, only of your WhatsApp data, or only of your WeChat data, only of your contacts data.
- Restore data from backups made with the latest iPhones and versions of iOS 12, such as the iPhone X and the iPhone 8.
2. How to Restore iPhone from Different iTunes Backups
You can restore data from different iTunes backups by just using the "Restore Partial Backup" function on iTransor multiple times. Here's how to use it:
(1) Install and open up iTransor on your computer, then connect your iPhone to it with your USB cable.
(2) Click Restore Backup to Device, then choose the backup that you want from the list and click Next.
(3) Click Restore Partial Backup.
(4) You will be presented with a list of data types. Choose the data type you want to restore from the iTunes backup, then click Preview & Restore or Directly Restore.
(5) Select Preview & Restore will offer you a chance to see specific data of that type listed on the screen. Select the data you want and click Restore.
3. How to Restore iPhone from Different iCloud Backups
Restoring from iCloud is similar, but there are some extra steps.
(1) Open up iTransor (with your device plugged in) and click Acquire Backup from Device & iCloud.
(2) On the screen, click Download iCloud Backup, then log in with your iCloud ID and password.
(3) Then click on Restore Backup to Device to choose the iCloud backup and click Next to choose the data you need to restore from the iCloud backup. Then click Preview & Restore or Directly Restore.
(4) After choosing Preview & Restore, you will see the preview of the data in the backup. Preview the data to confirm what data you would like to restore.
(5) Click Restore and the software will require you to select Merge & Replace or Fully Replace. Read the notes on the intarface carefully and initial the process.
Restoring your iPhone from different backups has never been easier with iMyFone iTransor. All you have to do is choose the backups that you need, choose the data types, and then restore the specific data that you want. With such simple steps and clear previews of your data, iTransor gives you many more features than Apple's backup tools. You can even back up certain data on your iPhone with iTransor free of charge. Just download and try this backup and restore tool!