Do you want to restore your iPhone to factory settings in order to fix some kind of software problem, or simply to have a fresh start? Do you want to restore your iPhone from your phone itself, so that you don’t have to mess with any software like iTunes? How about your data, what can you do to restore your phone while being able to restore your data again later?
We'll discuss all of these issues and explain the answers below.
How to Restore iPhone from Phone Itself
Here is a simple way to just use your phone itself to restore your iPhone to factory settings:
(1) On your phone, go to Settings, then General, then Reset.
(2) Tap where it says Erase All Content and Settings.
(3) Put in your Apple ID and password if the prompt asks you. Now simply wait while the device erases all of this data.
Now, what can you do if you want to restore your iPhone to factory settings, but you want to put the data back on there at a later time? One good way to do this is to restore your iPhone from a previous backup.
Selectively Restore iPhone from Backups
One easy way to selectively restore data from your backups—instead of just the whole backup—is by using iMyFone D-Port Pro. This is an application that allows you to make backups and restore them easily, and it gives you a lot of control over your data. Its features include:
- Restore your iPhone from iTunes backups or iCloud backups, as well as D-Port Pro’s own backups.
- Restore the entire backup, or only restore a partial backup.
- Restore data from WhatsApp, WeChat, and the Messages app without overwriting any other data that is already on your phone.
- You can restore in just a few simple steps.
How to Restore iPhone from Backups With iMyFone D-Port Pro
Here is how to restore your iPhone from a backup using iMyFone D-Port Pro:
(1) Download and install D-Port Pro on your computer.
(2) Plug your device into your computer and launch D-Port Pro.
(3) Click where it says Restore Backup to Device. Choose the backup that you want to restore from the list.
(4) Click Restore Full Backup and you will know what you should pay attention to before restoring the backup. If you are sure to do this, click Next. You will be prompted to connect your device if you haven't already.
(5) Then the program will start to restore your backup to your iPhone. Don't unplug the device until this process is done.
Restore iPhone from Backups Using iTunes
You can also use iTunes to restore your backup using these steps:
(1) Open up iTunes and plug your phone into your computer.
(2) Input your password to trust the computer if necessary.
(3) Click on your device where it appears in iTunes.
(4) On the Summary page, click Restore Backup.
(5) Choose the backup you want to restore from, and wait for iTunes to finish restoring it.
Restore iPhone from Backups Using iCloud
Here is how to restore your iPhone from iCloud:
(1) Assuming you have the Hello screen on your device after restoring it to factory settings, follow the on-screen directions until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
(2) On this screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
(3) Sign into iCloud and choose a backup from the list, then wait until the backup is done restoring on your iPhone. You can download your purchases separately later.
As you can see, you can easily restore iPhone from phone, even though your iPhone will be factory reset and all the data and settings on it will be erased. With iTunes or iCloud, as well as third-party apps to restore you data after you have reset your iPhone to factory settings is a have-to-do thing. No doubt, the best way to do it is with iMyFone D-Port Pro because it allows you to restore your backups partially and have more control over your data. Try its free trial version to enjoy the benefits it offers now!