There are common situations that can prompt an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch user to restore their iTunes data from computer to their device. Firstly, when they lose their data on device but they have backed up the data to iTunes before. The second problem is that their iOS device is misplaced or upgraded to new one and they want to restore iTunes data to the new device. And the article will show you two ways to restore iTunes data from computer to your iPhone, no matter it is an old or new one.
In the first instance, let’s discuss about what iTunes can do for a user. Apple’s iTunes was originally developed to help user transfer data to their devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod). You can also use it to restore purchased files or old backup from computer to iOS device without hassle. How to do it? See the following part.
Restore iTunes Data from Computer to iPhone by iTunes Itself
Apple has considerately offered the steps telling how to restore data from iTunes on computer to iOS devices. See the following specific procedures.
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC that you used in backing up your device.
2. After that, connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. If a pop-up window appears asking you should enter your passcode or trust this computer, follow the prompt.
3.Select your iPhone, iPad or iPod when it appears in the iTunes. If your device doesn’t appear in iTunes then follow this step;
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works with your computer operating system.
- Try each USB port on your computer to confirm is any is not faulty then try a different Apple USB cable.
- Restart your computer and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
4. Select Restore Backup…from the Backups option on the window. If any pop up appears that your iOS device software is too old. Try to upgrade it and try again from the beginning.
5. After all the above steps have been done correctly, iTunes will show all the previous backups with date and size. Look at each of the backup history carefully and pick the one with the most relevant one.
6. After picking the most relevant backup then, click on the Restore and wait for the restore time to be completed, if asked to enter passcode, enter your password for your encrypted backup.
7. Make sure your device is still connected to your Mac or Windows PC till it restarts automatically and wait for sync with your computer after the sync you can disconnect your device from your pc. Restart it and you have all your previous media, data and settings back on your device.
But iTunes goes wrong often. Lots of Apple users ask for help online saying that they cannot restore the iTunes data from computer to iPhone due to the iTunes’ system error. So it is necessary that we have an alternative of iTunes to restore old backup to iOS devices. And the following will introduce a free tool which can help you do this.
Restore iTunes Data from Computer to iPhone by 3rd-Party Tool
CopyTrans Shelbee is a quick and reliable solution for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch backup and restore. The free iPhone restore tool can do what iTunes can do for iOS users - Restore content in iTunes including messages, contacts, calendars, Camera Roll photos and videos, apps and app documents, as well as iPhone settings from computer to your iPhone – all without the need for iTunes.
And the following is the procedures to restore iTunes data from computer to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
How to Restore iTunes Data from Computer to iPhone with CopyTrans Shelbee?
1. Download and run CopyTrans Shelbee on your Mac or PC. Click on the Restore button and then choose Blue pencil button to select the backup. If you have more than one iTunes backups, you will see the backup list. Just select the backup entry which you want to restore.
2. After click Restore, the program will start the restoring process and then you can just wait for the program to restore the backup to your iPhone.
3. After the restoring is finished, the program will show you the prompt that Restore of iPhone was successful! Your device will restart now. And you can check the iTunes data on your iPhone for now.
The steps above are broken into pieces in order to enable all iPhone, iPad or iPod users not to lose their files from an unexpected theft or broken phone. They are easy to be followed by any phone user to get their backup easily without contacting a geek or a professional to fix their device for them which they will have to pay. Try them for now!