Do you want to restore old WhatsApp messages from your backups—but only the WhatsApp messages? This can seem like a challenge at first. After all, usually you can only restore an entire backup, not parts of it. Luckily, there are ways to restore partial backups. Here are a few:
Restore WhatsApp Messages Only on iPhone Using iCloud
If you want to restore just your WhatsApp messages only, then you can use iCloud. It's not that difficult to do and only takes a few minutes—of course, that's assuming that you have made a backup of your WhatsApp messages on iCloud in the first place. This also only works if you've uninstalled and then reinstalled WhatsApp. Here is how you do it:
(1) Assuming that you made a backup to iCloud previously (by going into WhatsApp > Settings > Chat Backup > Backup Now), reinstall WhatsApp to your phone.
(2) Sign in with the same account with which you backed up the messages.
(3) The app itself should prompt you to restore the back up. Just tap Restore Chat History to do this.
Use a 3rd-Party iPhone Restore Tool to Make It Easier
Another method that you can use is to restore WhatsApp messages only with a third-part application like iTransor for WhatsApp. This is the software that allows you to back up and restore only WhatsApp messages to Android or iPhone later at any time.
- You can back up and restore not only WhatsApp messages, but also attachments and audio messages. No need to uninstall WhatsApp on your device.
- Backup and restore WhatsApp messages without iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Switch WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, Android to iPhone, or Android to Android with one click.
- Best of all, it supports both iPhones that use iOS 13/12/11 (such as the iPhone 11), as well as all Android devices.
Here is how you restore just your WhatsApp messages with iTransor for WhatsApp:
Selectively Back Up and Restore WhatsApp Data on iPhone
Now, how do you backup and restore WhatsApp data natively on iTransor for WhatsApp without using your iTunes or iCloud backup? Here is how to selectively back up your WhatsApp data so that you're not wasting your time backing anything else up:
(1) Open iTransor for WhatsApp and connect your phone to your computer. Click where it says 'Back Up WhatsApp on Devices' in the sidebar. Then click the 'Back Up' button.
(2) Wait while the program to back up your WhatsApp data.
Now, to restore this same data, you simply do this:
(1) Click 'Restore WhatsApp to Devices' in the sidebar. Choose your WhatApp backup from the list and click Next.
(2) On the next screen, click Restore button when the device is connected to the program. After restore, all the data in the WhatsApp backup will be back on your iPhone.
There are many ways to single out WhatsApp data and restore only this data to your iPhone, but one of the easiest ways to do this is with iTransor for WhatsApp. With iTransor for WhatsApp, you can back up and restore WhatsApp backup wherever you want. Even better, you don't have to delete and uninstall this app. What will excite you more is that the function of backup on this program is totally FREE! Download and use it to back up your data right now!