Have you tried restoring your iPhone backup from iCloud and your keep seeing "Time Remaining: Estimating," but nothing else happens? If you're stuck on this screen and have waiting it out with no results, there are a few things that you can do.
Let's talk about 2 ways to fix this issue and get around a stuck iCloud screen. Hopefully, after this you will be able to successfully restore your iPhone:
Just Wait until the Restoring Finishes
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but sometimes restoring backups just take forever. This can be for a number of reasons—for example, if you have a slow connection or you have a lot of data on your device. Sometimes you might have to wait as much as an hour or more. Try waiting and seeing if iCloud eventually gets past that screen.
Use an iCloud Alternative to Restore iCloud Backup
Indeed, there are alternatives for backing up and restoring your data. It doesn't just have to be iCloud and iTunes. One great alternative is iMyFone D-Port Pro. It's an application that allows you to back up and restore data from your iOS device, but with a lot more options than you would find with iCloud. It also does it faster.
With D-Port Pro, you can:
- Restore an iCloud backup in a very short time, often shorter than 20 minutes.
- It can restore data from different iCloud backups. You have the freedom to extract partial data as much as you want.
- It can selectively restore data from your iCloud backup without overwriting or affecting other data on your iPhone.
- It can restore data from iTunes backups as well.
- It supports restoring backups to your new iPhone 8 or iPhone X, as well as older iPhones.
How Do You Selectively and Quickly Restore Data from an iCloud Backup?
(1) Download and install D-Port Pro on your computer. Plug your device into your PC and launch the application to start the restoring.
(2) In D-Port Pro, click where it says Restore Backup to Device on the left side of the screen and you will see the list of backups.
(3) Click on the bottom where it says Download iCloud Backup. After that, you will have to log in to your iCloud account. Don't you worry, iMyFone won't keep any privacy of user's account information.
(5) Choose which backup you want from the list and click Next.
(6) After the program downloads and scans your backup, you will see the data listed on the screen. Select what data you want to restore.
(7) Click Restore and wait for the process to finish.
Restoring an iCloud backup doesn't have to take forever. If it gets stuck, you can just wait it out, but if you don't like to wait, you can always use iMyFone D-Port Pro. Not only does it give you more freedom and options over your backups, but it is faster, too.