When you need to make a backup for your iOS device, it's easy enough to use iTunes and iCloud. After all, these are the official tools that Apple tells you to use. However, iTunes and iCloud are inherently limited.
You can back up your data, but it's hard to browse the data inside the backups, so you might have no idea what you saved later on. To be able to see what you backed up, you have to restore the backup to your device, which wipes that data that is already on there. So if you don't want to delete the data on your device and merely want to look at what's in your backup, you'll need to take a different approach.
Here are the top 5 iPhone Backup browsers that you can use to just look at your data without necessarily restoring it:
iMyFone D-Port Pro iPhone Backup Browser
iMyFone D-Port Pro is a third-party application that lets you do a number of things that iTunes and iCloud can't do. For one, it lets you look at the contents of your backup and even extract certain kinds of files without restoring the whole backup. Its many features include:
- You can browse iTunes and iCloud backups, as well as backups made by D-Port Pro itself.
- You can browse and extract 18+ types of data from your backups.
- You can back up and restore your iOS devices either entirely, or pick and choose parts of the backup to restore.
- It supports both built-in and 3rd party apps, including Kik, Line, WhatsApp, WeChat, and more.
- You can browse your data in the backup for free. You can simply download D-Port Pro and use this function free of charge.
- Though the free trial comes with a lot of benefits, you can't restore backed up data without paying.
iMazing Backup Extractor
iMazing Backup Extractor lets you browse the files inside of your backups. It also lets you recover files inside of your backups and restore them. You can export your data in a variety of formats, and you can edit your backups without having to restore them or anything. It's overall a very convenient application to use.
- You can export data in many formats, including PDF, plain text, or CSV.
- You can look at your backups and edit them without restoring.
- You can only browse a limited number of built-in iPhone apps.
- It's not free.
iMobie AnyTrans is software that lets you manage your whole Apple ecosystem from one place. You can use it to transfer files, and manage the data on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, as well as your media on iTunes and iCloud. You can use it to transfer data from your computer to your iOS devices, and vice versa, and you can even use it to edit your iTunes library. It also has a convenient function that will transfer your data from your Android phone to your iPhone. Besides this, you can use its transferring functions to back up your data.
- You can use it to manage your music files on iTunes or your iPhone.
- You can use it to transfer files to all kinds of devices.
- It has a bunch of other functions that have nothing to do with backups. If you want something simple that just does one thing, this isn't it.
- It's not free.
iBackup Viewer by iMacTools is software that let's you view your backup's contents, like the name implies. It is a very simple application that lets you browse the data on your device's backups and extract the data that you want. It supports many different kinds of files, such as videos, calendar information, contacts and so on. If you're just looking for one specific piece of information and you don't want to restore all of your data, it can be a lfiesaver.
- It can export text content, like messages or plain text files.
- The free trial version doesn't support all features.
iPhone Backup Extractor
iPhone Backup Extractor is yet another application that is designed to scan for data in your backups and help you extract it. It's safe to use and even works on encrypted backups. If you lost some of your iPhone data and don't know how to get it back, this can really save you a lot of trouble. It also comes with a money-back guarantee, which is nice.
- It supports location data, which is something that most backup browsing software won't do.
- It supports 2FA iCloud backups.
- It's on the expensive side.
- There is a limit to what data types you can view.
There are many backup browsers that you can use, but among the best of them is iMyFone D-Port Pro. It will not only help you view the data in your backups, bit it also help you extract data and make backups.