If you have decided to switch from Android to iPhone, then it is a good idea to know how to transfer contacts to your new device so that you can have an easier time reaching your friends and family. This article will teach you exactly how to go about moving your contacts from your Android to iPhone, even if you use the latest iPhone Xs, iPhone Xr or iPhone Xs Max.
- Create Contacts on iPhone by Yourself (for a Small Amount)
- Use Apple’s Move to iOS App
- Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone using Your SIM Card
- Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone using Your Google Account
- Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone using iTunes
- How to Back Up Contacts on iPhone for Free
1. Create Contacts on iPhone by Yourself (for a Small Amount)
If you just have a few contacts that you would like to transfer from Android to iPhone, then you can do that by implementing the Share Contact option offered by Android. To do this, just follow these easy steps:
- Open the Contacts application on your Android device.
- Choose the contacts you would like to transfer.
- Send it through text or email which you can receive on your new iPhone.
- Save the contacts on your iPhone.
Remember that this method is for a small amount of contacts. Therefore, if you have more than 10 contacts you want to save, it will not be effective for you.
2. Use Apple’s Move to iOS App
Apple has a service that enables you to transfer data from Android to iPhone. This service is referred to Move to iOS app and you can implement it by following these easy steps:
- First, you will need to download the Move to iOS application to your Android device. In addition, you need to ensure that your Android device is connected to a power source, and that your iPhone has enough space.
- On your iPhone device, search for Apps & Data, and then choose Move Data from Android. If you don’t know how to get Apps & Data screen, check the post.
- Open the Move to iOS application on your Android application, and click Continue. Read and understand the Terms and Conditions, choose Agree, and then Next.
- Go back to your iOS device, and on the screen called Move from Android, choose Continue. Wait for your code to appear to proceed.
- Enter the code that will appear on your Android device, and the Transfer Data screen will appear.
- Choose Contacts as the data you would like to transfer and press Next.
- After the transfer is complete, press Continue on your iOS and Done on your Android.
This process will have successfully transferred contacts to your iPhone. Offered by Apple, this method supports iPhone Xs, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs Max, of course.
3. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone using SIM Card
Another way to transfer your contacts to iPhone from Android device is through your SIM Card. This is made possible by the fact that Android phones allow you to store contacts on your SIM Card. Therefore, you can just backup all your contacts there, and then transfer them to your iPhone. Here is more information on how to go about this process:
- Start by backing your contacts to your Android device’s SIM card.
- Remove the SIM card and insert it into your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open Settings, Contacts, and then Import SIM Contacts.
When the process is complete, you will be able to view them when you open the pre-installed Contacts application on your iPhone.
4. Transfer Android Contacts to iPhone using Google Account
If you normally use Google’s services, then you will be happy to know that you can also transfer contacts from Android to iPhone by implementing your Google account. This is made possible by the fact that Google has a cloud that will keep all your contacts in sync. Therefore, Google is an incredible option because iPhone and Android support it. To transfer contacts from your Android to iPhone using your Google account, follow these easy steps:
- Back up your contacts to Google using your Android device. You should have an easy time doing this because the backup takes place automatically, as long as you use your Google account.
- Set up your Google account to your iPhone and if your device is connected to the internet, the contacts should be synced automatically.
- If the sync does not take place, then go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Gmail. Afterward, enable the Contacts Slider, and your contacts will be automatically synched.
This process will successfully transfer contacts from your Android to iPhone.
5. Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone using iTunes
Another way to transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone is by using Apple’s service – iTunes. To go about this process, just follow these easy steps:
- Connect your Android phone to your computer, and then sync it with your Windows Contacts.
- After syncing the contacts, connect your iPhone to the computer.
- iTunes will recognize your iPhone and you only need to click the iPhone icon that is located on the top left corner.
- Click on the Info menu, located in the left column of the iPhone management screen to proceed.
- On the screen that will appear, check the box located next to Sync Contacts with.
- A drop-down menu will appear and you will need to choose your Windows Contacts to proceed.
- Press the button located next to All Contacts.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, you should see the Apply button. Click on it to save and apply this setting.
This process will successfully help transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone.
Tip. How to Back Up Contacts on iPhone for Free?
Now you have transferred contacts from Android to iPhone successfully. But as a new iPhone user, you need to know that backing up your iPhone’s contacts is of utmost importance, as it allows you to have your contacts safe even when something bad happens to your iPhone. Therefore, you always need a better place to keep your contacts safe apart from your device’s memory. How do you go about this process? If you want to learn how to back up your iPhone’s contacts for free, then have a look at this article here.
Contacts are one of the most important data you can have on your phone, as they allow you to reach out to friends, family, coworkers, and other people easily. If you just purchased a new iPhone (including iPhone Xs/Xr/Xs Max and the old models), this article has provided you with everything you need to know about transferring contacts from your old Android devices.