Sometimes, it may so happen that you may wish to transfer content from one iPhone to another. Now, the very first thing which will pop in your mind has to be how to initiate the transfer. Of course, you need to know the right ways and techniques which you can use that can help you out. Here, we are going to show you different ways using iTunes and more which can be used for making a seamless transfer of content.
Tip 1. Transfer data from one iPhone to another using iTunes
Let us see the different things you need to do to transfer the content.
Back up old iPhone with iTunes
Here are the steps to follow in order to back up the old iPhone with iTunes.
- Open iTunes and make sure to connect your old iPhone to the same computer.
- If there is a message either asking you for the device password or to trust the computer, do so.
- Now, select the iPhone as it appears in the iTunes.
- If you wish to save health and activity data from iOS device, you will need to encrypt the backup. So, select the box that reads ‘encrypt backup’ and then create a password. If you do not want to save this data, simply click on ‘Back up now’.
- When the process is done, you can check if the backup has finished successfully by seeing the summary screen in iTunes. Simply look under latest backup and see the date and time.
Restore iTunes backup to new iPhone
Here is how you can now restore the iTunes backup to your iPhone
- On your system, open iTunes.
- Now, connect your new iPhone to the system.
- If a message prompts either asking you for the password or to trust the computer, do so.
- Select the iPhone as it appears in the iTunes.
- Now, select ‘Restore backup’ in iTunes.
- Look at the different backups available and choose the most relevant one.
- Now, click on ‘Restore’ and wait for the restoration process to finish.
- If prompted, enter password for encrypted backup.
- Wait for the device to restart and let it sync with the computer.
Tip 2. Transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without iCloud/iTunes
When you are looking forward to transfer the content from the old iPhone to the new one without the help of iCloud or iTunes, you can make use of iMyFone D-Port Pro, which is equipped with the all the features of iTunes/iCloud, backing up and restoring iPhone without data loss.
- Back up your old iPhone and restore the old iPhone to your new iPhone with this program without the need of iCloud or iTunes.
- Transfer all the content or transfer selected data you want from the old iPhone to the new one without overwriting the other data.
- Preview and selectively export 18+ types of data from your iPhone or from iTunes/iCloud backup.
Here, we will show you the steps to transfer the complete content from one iPhone to the other.
Steps to make a full backup of old iPhone
Step 1. Download iMyFone D-Port Pro on you system and install it. Launch it on your system. Choose ‘Back up and export from device’ option present in the left panel. Now choose ‘Make a full backup’.
Step 2. You’ll be prompted to connect your old iPhone to the computer and click on ‘Back up’ to proceed.
Step 3. When the backup has been done, you will be notified that the process is over. You can view and even extract the backup when you want.
Transfer all data from the old iPhone backup to the new one
Step 1. Choose ‘Restore the Backup to Device’ in the left panel, then select the backup file that you made just now with this program and click on Next.
Step 2. When you are restoring full backup, you will be notified that your previous data will be overwritten. Click on ‘Restore’ to start this process.
Step 3. When the process is done, you can then see the restored content on your iOS device.
Tip 3. Selectively transfer data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone
Many a times, it so happens that we do not want all the data back rather only some specific content. You can do that too with the help of iMyFone D-Port Pro. Let us see how to transfer only WhatsApp messages from old iPhone to the new one.
Back up whatsapp messages of old phone
Step 1. From the left panel, select ‘Back up and export from device’ and click on ‘Back Up Whatsapp’.
Step 2. Connect your device to computer and click Back Up to start the backup process.
Step 3. When the process is done, you will be able to view the backup files and restore them when you want.
Transfer only whatsapp messages to new iPhone
When you want the backed up whatsapp content to be sent to your new iPhone, here are the steps.
Step 1. click on ‘Restore backup to your device’, you will then see a list of the different whatsapp backups and you need to choose the right backup and then click ‘Next’.
Step 2. This will start the scanning of the whatsapp backup file. You can then preview the data and confirm the files you want to transfer to your new iPhone.
Step 3. Click on ‘Restore’ and the tool will start transferring the consent to your new iPhone.
So, these are some of the different ways by which you can enjoy seamless transfer of content from one iPhone to the other. Of course, iMyFone D-Port Pro is one of the most popular software mainly because it doesn’t leads to any data loss.