Nowadays,there is no doubt the iPhone X is one of the hottest mobile device on the market. There are news about the function, price, release data, design of iPhone X everyday. It is said that the price starts from $999. Do you wanna to purchase one? Just imagine that when you get the newest iPhone X, will you think about how to transfer all the content to your new iPhone X? To help you go through with a pleasant journey, we’ll supply 3 ways to transfer all the data, files to the new iPhone X.
Tip 1. Transfer Everything to New iPhone without Overwriting the Other Data
As a backup and restore tool, iMyFone D-Port Pro allows users to back up their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and restore the backup made by iTunes/iCloud/D-Port Pro to your iOS devices.
- Transfer all the data from iPhone backup or transfer only Messages, WhatsApp data and WeChat data to another iOS device.
- Support to make a full backup or partial backup of your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Extract more than 18 types of data directly from the device or from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- Easy to use and requires little or no training.
When you are looking to transfer all content from your old phone to the new one, here are the key steps which you need to follow.
Step 1. Download iMyFone D-Port Pro on your computer and then install it. After running the application, click on the “restore full backup” option. Make sure that your device is connected when you choose to restore the content.
Step 2. You will be told that if you decide to restore the full backup, all the current data in your new device will be overwritten. Make sure to read the warnings carefully and then if you agree, click on ‘Restore’ to start the whole process.
Step 3. Please note that this can be a very time consuming process based on the size of the backup.
Step 4. When the restoration is done, you will get the message that the data has been restored successfully and you can now disconnect your device.
Tip 2. Selectively Transfer from Old iPhone to the New One
When you are looking to restore the content partially, you can do that to with the help of this tool. Here are the steps which you need to follow.
Step 1. Download and launch iMyFone D-Port Pro on your computer, and then choose “Restore partial backup”. Now click on next to choose the type of data you want to restore.
Step 2. The program will then scan the device and give you a list of the content present on your device, you can preview the data, select the ones you want to restore and then click on “restore”.
Step 3. The program will start the restoring process without overwriting the other data on your device. After the whole process, you have chance to view restored data on your device.
Tip 3. Transfer Everything to New iPhone via iTunes
First of all, you need to make sure that the content of your old phone is backed up with iTunes. When you are done with this part, you can then follow the next steps to easily restore content.
First let us see how to execute the first step and then we will proceed to the second one.
Back up the old phone with iTunes
- On your computer, connect the old iPhone.
- Now launch iTunes on the device.
- Click on the phone icon which will appear in the menu bar in iTunes.
- Now click on ‘Back up now’ option.
- The next step is to click on ‘encrypt backup’ and then you have to add a password.
- If prompted, skip backup apps.
- Now, when the backup is done, unplug the old iPhone.
Restoring content on new iPhone
- Launch iTunes on your computer and plug in the new iPhone to your system.
- Select the “restore from iTunes backup” option.
- You will find a lot of backup files. You need to choose the backup file from which you want to restore the content.
- If the backup file was encrypted, enter the password when prompted.
- Now, keep the phone plugged until the backup is restored on the new device.
Tip 4. Transfer Everything to New iPhone via iCloud
When you are looking to transfer content to your new iPhone using the iCloud option, here are the steps to follow.
Back up the old phone with iCloud
- Take the old iPhone and make sure that it is connected to Wi-Fi.
- On the home screen, click settings and then tap on iCloud.
- Now, tap on the backup option and then click on “back up now”.
- When the backup is finished, turn off the iPhone .
Now, we will proceed to restoring the backup on your new iPhone. Here are the steps for that:
Restore new iPhone with iCloud backup
- Set up the new iPhone.
- Choose the restore from iCloud backup option.
- You will be asked to sign in to your iCloud account. Do that using your Apple ID.
- Click on “Next”.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then click “Confirm”.
- Choose the most recent backup from the list.
- Enter the iCloud password.
Let the restoration process complete. It might take time depending on the size of the backup.