Deleting songs from iTunes is a good way to recover your hard disk space, and the process of erasing songs on iTunes is supposed to be a very easy and simple one, but the complexity of iTunes has made it an odious task. Hence, we shall be discussing ways to delete iTunes songs permanently on Mac and Windows PC.
Solution 1. How to Permanently Delete Songs on iTunes via iMyFone TunesFix
iMyFone has been in the business of helping iTunes and iOS device users find an alternative to managing their media files. Hence, giving the need to permanently delete songs from iTunes which seems almost impossible, iMyFone has designed software that can totally wipe out iTunes songs called TunesFix.
iMyFone TunesFix is an iTunes repairer and cleaner to fix all iTunes issues and errors, clean iTunes data to release space and improve iTunes performance. Apart from deleting songs from iTunes, TunesFix can also perform other functions such as quick clean, deep clean, full iTunes uninstall, and repair failed iDevice detection, fix iTunes install or update issues, and perform other functions.
- Selectively erase iTunes backup files and library to recover hard drive space.
- Two modes can clean media files, iTunes backups, software update files, and other data.
- Uninstall iTunes complete with all its component software.
- Repair iDevice detection issue, iTunes update/install issues, iTunes backup/restore errors, and other iTunes problems.
Steps to delete songs on iTunes with iMyFone TunesFix:
Step 1: Open TunesFix on your PC, and it will automatically detect your iTunes and related software components. If your iTunes is damaged, it will help you fix the issue.
Step 2: If your iTunes have no issues, you’ll be in the Home interface. Click on “Deep Clean” and let it scan your iTunes.
Step 3: At the end of the scan, TunesFix will display all your iTunes backups and media files, you can select the ones to erase by clicking the “Clean” tab to delete them.
Soluiton 2. How to Permanently Delete Songs on iTunes via iTunes/iPhone
There are still other ways to delete iTunes songs permanently, but we shall be discussing two methods in this part: delete songs on iTunes via iTunes, and delete songs on iTunes via iPhone.
#1. Delete iTunes Songs Permanently via iTunes
It’s possible to delete songs, playlists or other items from your iTunes Library to keep it clean and organized. To begin deleting songs on iTunes you need to go to your iTunes Library and find the songs you want to delete.
Follow these steps to select songs, multiple songs, or albums on iTunes:
Step 1: To select a song, click it once.
Step 2: To select multiple songs on a list, hold down your Shift key while clicking them.
Step 3: To select multiple non-contiguous songs, hold down the Command or Control key on Mac or Windows PC respectively while you click on the songs.
Step 4: To select an album, click on the icon next to the album.
Step 5: To select all the music by one artist, click the icon next to the artist name.
Then follow these steps to delete songs, multiple songs, or albums on iTunes when you’ve selected them on iTunes:
Step 1: Click the Delete key on your keyboard, then select “Edit”.
Step 2: Right-click and choose Delete.
#2. Delete iTunes Songs Permanently via iPhone
Another good way to erase iTunes songs is by deleting them from the iPhone directly. You can delete any song on your iPhone, iPod or iPad touch from the music app.
Step 1: Search and find the song, album or artist you want to delete.
Step 2: Click the “…” button next to the song, artist, or album to open the delete menu.
Step 3: Click “Delete” to remove the songs from your iTunes library.
Step 4: Select either “Remove Downloads” or “Delete from My Music” depending on the other places where you want to erase the songs from.
- Remove Downloads: This option would delete the music files from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod but retain them if they were purchased or stored in your iCloud Music Library. Hence, these songs will appear back on your iPhone when next you sync your iPhone.
- Delete from My Music: This option will delete songs from your iPhone and your libraries.
Nevertheless, the methods we shared in this section of the article comes with numerous disadvantages. One of which is numerous restriction and limitations to what you can delete off your Music library.
Other Tips to Permanently Delete iTunes Songs
- If you’re a member of Apple Music or you’re an iTunes Match subscriber, you can delete songs from iCloud Music Library and it will also be deleted in iTunes.
- You delete iTunes music by deleting your iPhone music through iPhone Settings app.
- If the songs are imported from a CD, you can delete them from your computer hard drive.