You may be wondering why iTunes is taking such a long time to back up your iPhone even though you haven’t added any new files for weeks. Many other iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users have complained of this same stress when backing up their iOS device data on iTunes. Some have reported that on many occasions their iPhone backup takes forever to complete without any reason.
We’ve researched the possible factors and issues that can make a backup of data and other information via iTunes take longer than expected. We’ve come up with this resource, tips, and tricks to help you solve “iPhone taking forever to backup” issue that’s bothering you.
How to Fix “iPhone Taking Forever to Backup”
Are you looking for solutions on how to fix iPhone taking forever to backup? The following solutions will solve the problem permanently.
1.Speed Up iTunes using iMyFone TunesFix
If you prefer using iTunes in backing up your iOS device data than third-party backup tools, we won’t advise you to quit doing that but you’ll need to speed up your iTunes. If you want fast iPhone backup when using iTunes, then you can use iMyFone TunesFix to improve iTunes performance when backing your iPhone.
iMyFone TunesFix is the advanced solution to repair iTunes when its performing below expectation. It can auto-detect the issue that’s causing “iPhone taking forever to backup” and remove it just in one click. TunesFix is the solution you need!
- TunesFix can permanently fix almost every of iTunes errors and issues.
- iMyFone TunesFix has recorded up to 98% success rate.
- TunesFix is much more efficient than the common solutions you get online or from third-party apps.
- One click to repair your iTunes feature of TunesFix can see you through a super-slow iTunes in just one click.
- “Quick clean and Deep clean” modes of TunesFix will completely erase all unwanted iTunes files to speed up your iTunes.
Steps to fix “iPhone taking forever to backup” using TunesFix:
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone TunesFix on your Windows PC.
Step 2: If TunesFix doesn’t detect any fault with your iTunes, you’ll be directed to the home interface. Choose “Quick Clean” mode from the Home interface.
Step 3: Click “Scan” for TunesFix to scan your iTunes, you can preview before deleting the unwanted files. After doing this, your iTunes will back up your iPhone in few minutes.
2.Other Solutions to Fix “iPhone Taking Forever to Backup”
If iPhone backup is taking hours to complete or forever, you can use any of these guides to fix the issue:
- Uninstall Old iPhone Apps: Crowding up your iPhone with old games you’ve stopped playing for months can lead to slow iTunes backups and iPhone taking forever to backup. Old apps will make you have more data to back up every time you’re backing up your iPhone. Since there is no much reason to keep them on your iPhone, just erase them to speed up your iPhone.
- Delete duplicate and large photos: Your iPhone backup may take forever to complete if you have large camera rolls and photos on your iPhone. The truth is that when you have many large photos with their duplicate in your iPhone storage space, iTunes may tend to spend more time backing up these large files to your PC. The best thing to do is to delete the large and duplicate photos from your iPhone.
Step 1: Launch Photo, and scroll through each photo on your iPhone to fetch out the duplicate and large photos.
Step 2: Delete them from your iPhone. However, make sure these photos are already backed up on your computer.
- Regularly backup your iPhone: There is a correlation between the length of time a backup takes to complete and the interval between backups. When you allow too much time to pass before backing up your iPhone, you may tend to accumulate excess files before the next backup. The best way to avoid “iPhone backup taking forever” is by scheduling a specific interval for backing up your iPhone data.
iPhone taking forever to backup may be due to the following causes listed above, and the solutions above can help you to fix the problem. However, we highly recommend iMyFone TunesFix for fixing iTunes errors and issues like super-slow iTunes/iPhone backups. So, download and install iMyFone TunesFix on your PC to start enjoying fast iTunes performance during backups.