There are instances when you have to completely uninstall iTunes and its related software components from a Windows computer. In such a case, you have to uninstall iTunes completely before you can successfully install it back from the Apple page or Microsoft Store.
Part 1. How to Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes in One Click
If you want to successfully uninstall and reinstall iTunes on a Windows or Mac computer, then you need a third-party iTunes repairer and uninstaller software. The essence of using a third-party uninstaller and repair software is to ensure that your iTunes backup and media libraries are not tampered with during the course of uninstalling iTunes, and it efficiently removes iTunes and its related software components.
iMyFone TunesFix is the best, reliable, affordable, efficient, and multi-functional third-party iTunes uninstaller and repairer software. You can use it to complete uninstall and reinstall iTunes on any Windows or macOS computer just in one click. It removes iTunes and its related software components from your PC, safely optimizes/boots your PC after removing iTunes, and helps you reinstall iTunes.
- TunesFix can successfully uninstall and reinstall iTunes and its related software components.
- Serve as the best solution to iTunes removal and installation issues, errors, and problems.
- Completely removes every file that’s related to iTunes from your PC to regain storage space.
- Recommend by thousands of iTunes users, top software review sites, and tech authorities.
Steps to uninstall and reinstall iTunes using TunesFix:
Step 1. Download, install and launch the official version of TunesFix on your PC. Then, choose the uninstall mode “Full Uninstall” from the home interface.
Step 2. Click the “Uninstall” tab to uninstall iTunes. TunesFix will uninstall iTunes and its related software components from your Mac or PC.
Note: If you want to delete iTunes user data, check the option “Also delete user data…” under the “Uninstall” tab.
Step 3. When TunesFix has completely uninstalled iTunes, you can tap “Click here” to reinstall the latest version of iTunes.
Part 2. How to Manually Uninstall iTunes on a Windows PC
If you prefer to manually uninstall iTunes from your Windows PC, then you should know that you ought to follow the step-by-step procedure for uninstalling iTunes and its related software components.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to manually uninstall iTunes from Windows PC:
Step 1. Click on the Windows Menu, scroll down to iTunes, right-click on it, and select “Uninstall”. Restart your PC after uninstalling iTunes.
Step 2. Go to “Control Panel > Programs & Features” and remove all these programs in this order:
- QuickTime (if it exists)
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support (32-bit)
- Apple Application Support (64-bit)
Step 3. Restart your PC and delete the following folders if they exist:
- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
- C:\Program Files\iPod
- C:\Program Files\iTunes
These may also exist on 64-bit systems:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple
- C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod
- C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes
Note: C:\ drive and Program Files may be replaced with a different letter or name in your system respectively.
Part 3. How to Reinstall iTunes on Windows PC
If you successfully uninstall iTunes from your PC, you can now reinstall iTunes on your PC following these steps:
Step 1. Go to Apple page or Microsoft Store and download iTunes installer files. Then, choose a folder to save the files.
Step 2. Run the iTunes installer files and then click “Next” to go to terms and condition page. Check the box and click “Next”.
Step 3. Choose the correct installation option from the basic setup options, and click “Finish Installing” to finish the installation process.
Step 4. Now, restart your PC.
Tip: What Kinds Problem that Can Be Solved via Uninstalling and Reinstalling iTunes
Some of problems that can be solved by removing and reinstalling iTunes and its related software components include:
- If iTunes is malfunctioning, having errors/issues, or problems.
- iTunes becomes unresponsive, freezes regularly, or clashes.
- When iTunes backup, sync and restore function is not working.
- When iTunes update can’t install.
- When you’re asked to uninstall and reinstall iTunes by AppleCare, alert dialog.
If you’re facing any of these iTunes issues or errors, then the above solutions (especially using iMyFone TunesFix) would be very handy in removing iTunes and its related software components from your Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC.