Why Does iTunes Error 3503 Occur?
Recently, many iOS device users who restored or updated their iPhones, iPads, or iPods on iTunes came with the complaint that the encountered an iTunes error 3503 which deterred them from completing the task and made their iOS devices to stuck on Recovery mode. Upon investigation, we found out that Apple hasn’t made a statement or done anything concerning this error 3503.
Although, Apple doesn’t have an answer as to why and what causes iTunes error 3503, we’ve found out that this error occurs when iTunes 12 is performing a restore or update function.
How to Fix iTunes Update/Restore Error (Code 3503)
The tools and solutions to fix iTunes errors that stem up during restore and update process can still fix iTunes restore/update error 3503. Here are some of the solutions and tools.
Fix iTunes Error 3503 Using iMyFone TunesFix
If you’ve been following our write-ups in the past, you’ll realize that there is no iTunes restore or update error that TunesFix hasn’t solved. Therefore, iTunes error 3503 is one of the iTunes errors and issues TunesFix can solve.
iMyFone TunesFix provides solutions for iTunes errors even when all iTunes troubleshooting methods have failed. However, if the factor that causes iTunes error 3503 is stemming from corrupt iTunes or iPhone library, TunesFix can repair the iTunesCDB and iTunesDB files, and iTunes library with one click.
- TunesFix can fix iTunes error 3503 with just one click.
- All iTunes restore, sync, or update errors and issues can be solved using TunesFix.
- TunesFix is a quick and easy way to fix corrupt iTunes library files.
- TunesFix can remove old and redundant iTunes backups from your PC to create space for important files.
- TunesFix works with all Macs and PCs running Windows 7,8 and 10 and supports iTunes 12 and later versions.
Steps to fix iTunes error 3503 using TunesFix:
Step 1. Download and install the official iMyFone TunesFix on your PC. Launch TunesFix and it will auto-detect your iTunes. If there are no issues, TunesFix will open the Home interface.
Step 2. Choose the iTunes repair mode “Fix Other iTunes Problems” by clicking on the tab.
Step 3. Click the “Repair” tab to repair your iTunes and fix error 3503.
Other Solutions to Fix iTunes Error 3503
The following iTunes troubleshooting solutions may fix iTunes error 3503.
Tip 1.Turn Off “Find My iPhone/iPad”
Several users on the Apple discussion forum reported that turning off “Find My iPhone” on their iOS device helped to fix this issue. Based on their testimony, we also recommend you follow these steps to turn off “Find My iPhone” before updating, restoring, or syncing your iPhone on iTunes.
Step 1. If you’re running iOS 11, select for the icon with the name “Settings” on your Home screen, and click your name when it opens.
Step 2. Choose “iCloud” and when it opens, scroll down to “Find My iPhone” and turn the switch off.
Step 3. If your iCloud/Apple ID password is required, enter it.
Tip 2.Update iTunes to the Latest Version
iTunes error 3503 may not have been addressed by Apple Inc. because they have the intention to fix it. You never can tell if this error has been addressed in latest versions of iTunes. So, update your iTunes by following these steps:
Step 1. Launch iTunes and go to “Help > Check for Updates”.
Step 2. If an update exists, click on it to install it.
Tip 3.Hard Reset Your iOS Device
If your iPhone or iPad will not progress beyond the Apple logo, hard resetting it may be the solution you need to fix it. Hence, this last solution is not on how to fix iTunes error 3503 but to help you fix your iOS device.
Step 1. The switch of your iPhone.
- iPhone X: Press and Hold the Side and either of the Volume buttons for 10 seconds until “Slide to power off” appears. Then, release your hold.
- iPhone 8 Plus and earlier versions: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for 10 seconds until “Slide to power off” appears. Then, release your hold.
Step 2. Switch on your iPhone.
- iPhone X: Press and Hold the Side and either of the Volume buttons for 10 seconds until Apple logo appears. Then, release your hold.
- iPhone 8 Plus and earlier versions: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for 10 seconds until Apple logo appears. Then, release your hold.
In all, it's pertinent to mention here that all these solutions are secondary to fix iTunes error 3503 except iMyFone TunesFix. So, download and install TunesFix to start enjoying better performing iTunes.