Many users have been facing problem with iTunes when trying to add music to their iDevice. The problem occurs when you drag the music files to iTunes in order to add them to the library. The process never completes and iTunes stuck on preparing to copy items. Fortunately, there are some solutions available.
How to Fix the Issue iTunes Stuck on Preparing to Update
Try the following solutions:
The Best Way: Use iMyFone TunesFix
iMyFone TunesFix is a professional iTunes repairing tool that is capable of solving any iTunes problem quickly. You can use this software to fix your ‘iTunes stuck on preparing to update when adding music’ problem quickly and conveniently. All you need to do is install TunesFix on your computer and run it. The software will automatically scan iTunes and prompt you to solve the detected problems with its Repair button. If you cannot solve the issue with automatic mode, then there are many manual repair modes as well. You can try them one-by-one until your problem is solved and iTunes works normally.
- Scan and detect iTunes’ issues automatically at launch.
- Advanced, one-click solutions to all iTunes’ problems.
- TunesFix is capable of repairing 100+ iTunes’ issues efficiently, including iTunes stuck on preparing to copy items.
- Boost iTunes’ performance and free up disk space with a single click.
- Uninstall iTunes and its related components completely via Full Uninstall mode.
- 100% safe iTunes repairing: TunesFix will not erase any data in your iTunes’ library when attempting repairs.
Steps to Fix the iTunes Stuck on Preparing to Update via TunesFix:
Step 1: Launch TunesFix and wait for its automatic scanning process to complete.
Step 2: If TunesFix detects any issue with your iTunes, it will ask you to fix it via Repair button. If no issue is found, then you will see the main screen of the software.
Step 3: Select ‘Fix Other iTunes Problems’ mode from the main screen.
Step 4: Click Repair button shown on the next screen. TunesFix will now attempt repairs.
Other Ways to Fix iTunes Stuck on Preparing to Copy Items
Following are some other ways to fix the issue:
1.Restart Your Computer
Sometimes a simple solution such as restarting your PC is all that is needed to fix such issues. Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Unplug your iPhone from the computer.
Step 2: Close iTunes.
Step 3: Use the Start menu of Windows to restart your computer.
Step 4: Once the computer is restarted, try to add the music again. The problem should be solved now.
2.Add Music Files One by One
Usually iTunes stuck on preparing to update if one of the songs you are trying to add is corrupted. If you think that is the case, then try adding the songs one by one until you find the song that causes the error.
If none of the above solutions worked, then it is recommended that you reinstall iTunes on your computer. The process may be a bit lengthy but it could solve the problem so it is worth a try. Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Uninstall iTunes and all its related components. You can use iMyFone TunesFix for this.
Step 2: Visit Apple’s official website and download the latest version of iTunes.
Step 3: Once it is downloaded, install it by following the on-screen instructions. Then try to add the music files. The problem should be solved now.
Use an Alternative Tool to Add Music
If you feel it’s difficult to fix iTunes, then you can choose to use an iTunes alternative to add music. iMyFone TunesMate is a recommended alternative tool you can use to add music to your iDevice. Using TunesMate to transfer music and other media files to your iDevice from your computer and vice versa is fast and highly convenient.
- The best thing about TunesMate is that it does not have any bugs or issues that you often encounter when using iTunes.
- The software also bypasses various iTunes’ limits and allows you to manage your iDevice media files on your computer with ease.
- TunesMate has many features such as bulk uninstall apps, rebuild damaged iTunes library, customize ringtones, share your entire iTunes library with your friends or family, merge iTunes libraries, and more.
Steps to Transfer iTunes Music to iPhone via TunesMate:
Step 1: Launch TunesMate on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a compatible USB cable.
Step 3: Click on Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice. TunesMate will show a list of media on the next screen that you can transfer to your iPhone.
Step 4: Select Music from the list of media types. Unmark other options.
Step 5: Click the Transfer button. The transfer process will begin.