What’s iTunes Error 51?
Error 51 is an iTunes error that usually occurs when iTunes software encounters a glitch while updating an iOS device software or restoring an iOS device backup. That is why this error is referred to as iTunes restore or update error 51. There are different causes to this error, but most of the factors that cause this problem manifest when iTunes is restoring iOS device backup or updating iOS version.
Here are some of the factors that cause iTunes error 51:
- Outdated iTunes software.
- Anti-virus or malware security application.
- Faulty hardware such as iPhone battery, USB cord, or USB port.
- .ipsw file issues.
- TunesFix will help you fix “iTunes Error 51” and other related iTunes errors in one click.
- If iTunes stops to work, freezes, or is waiting too much time when restoring iOS data or updating iOS version, then use TunesFix to fix it.
- TunesFix can proffer solutions to 100+ iTunes errors and issues such as install, connect, restore, backup, and other errors.
- You can repair any iTunes issue without losing you're backed up files using TunesFix.
- TunesFix is compatible with iTunes 12.5.3 and later versions.
- On Mac: Run the following commands “Finder > Go > Go to Folder > type ~/Library and press Go > open iTunes folder > iPhone Software Update and delete the .ipsw files.”
- On Windows: Run the following commands “C:\Users\your account\AppData\Roaming\iTunes\iPhone Software Update and delete all .ipsw file. Delete all file if there are more than one .ipsw files.”
How to Fix iTunes Error 51
The following solutions would possibly fix iTunes error 51, but if you need to fix this issue instantly, then pay more attention to our first solution.
#1. Use iMyFone TunesFix
Nothing repairs iTunes better than iMyFone TunesFix. This software entered the mobile device software industry not too long ago, but it’s making wave more than any other software for repairing, fixing and correcting iTunes errors and issues.
If you’re facing iTunes error 51, there is no troubleshooting method, tool or technique that can instantly correct it more efficiently than TunesFix. Many iTunes users who are using this tool have been raining lots of praises and accolades to the efficacy of this software in fixing iTunes problems without a glitch. Get iMyFone TunesFix now to start enjoying more improved and better iTunes experience.
Steps to fix the error using iMyFone TunesFix:
Step 1. Download and install the iMyFone TunesFix on your PC. Open TunesFix and it will automatically detect your iTunes and its related components. If all your iTunes components are good, then you’ll be directed to the Home interface.
Step 2. Choose “Fix Other iTunes Problems” as your repair mode, and click “Repair”. Please, keep the internet very stable during this process.
Step 3. Once done, open iTunes by clicking “Open iTunes” to launch your iTunes and witness that it’s perfect now.
#2. Other Solutions to Fix iTunes Error 51
Some other troubleshooting solutions to this error include:
If you’re still running an outdated iTunes, then that may be the source of the problem. Why don’t you update it to see if iTunes update or restore error 51 will stop? Updating iTunes on your Mac or PC should be your first troubleshooting technique.
Step 1. Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
Step 2. Go to Help, and select “Check for Updates”.
Step 3. If there is an update for your iTunes, download and install it, then try restoring or updating your iPhone again.
b.Check for a Faulty Hardware and Replace It
If you’re using a USB cord to connect to iTunes, check to know if any part of the cord is broken or cut. Also, try the same thing on your USB extension if you’re using one, but if you’re directly using the USB port on your Mac or PC, then try and change to another port to see if iTunes will work.
If any of these connectors are defective, try to change them or switch to another as the case may be.
c.Delete the .ipsw File
The .ipsw file is useful for installing the iOS firmware. Therefore, whenever this file get corrupted by any malware or virus, you’ll start experiencing iTunes error 51. Therefore, delete this file and iTunes will automatically reinstall a clean version of it.
These solutions would possibly fix iTunes error 51 issue. However, if you want to permanently fix this issue in an instant, just use iMyFone TunesFix to clean your iTunes and correct every iTunes issues and errors.