Where Does iTunes Store iPhone Backups on PC/Mac
To locate iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your PC or Mac in order to copy them, delete backups or more, you’ll need to follow this guide systematically.
How to Locate Backups stored on your Mac or PC
Your backup files are sensitive, so in order to avoid ruining them, here is what you should know.
- iTunes normally saves backups to a Backup folder in your User folder. However, locating this Backup folder depends on the Operating System you are using: macOS or Windows.
- Editing, renaming, relocating or extracting contents from your backup file may ruin the file if the action is not done well.
1. How to find iTunes list of backups on your Mac:
- Click the Search icon in the Menu bar.
- Copy and paste the following command in the search bar: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- Click Return to go back to your desktop.
2. How to find iTunes backup on your Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC:
- Locate your Windows Search bar.
- In the Search bar, copy and paste the following command: %appdata% or %USERPROFILE% (for those who downloaded iTunes from Microsoft Store).
- Click Return, then double click these folders: Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup.
Note: You may find that the backup folders have strange names. You have no idea which backup is for which iOS device. This is the limit. Therefore, it's very hard for you to match the backup with your iOS device.
Some iPhone backups are not stored in the default iTunes folder!
If you have been using third-party software to manage your iOS data and files, then you have to look beyond iTunes backup folder when searching for your iOS device backups on your PC. This is mostly true when you are using third-party software like iPhone data eraser, iOS data recovery tool, iOS data backup tool, etc.
In these aforementioned cases, those backups are stored somewhere on your PC, but you can’t find them because they are hidden from you. However, there is a remedy to this issue, and the solution is shared in the next part of this article.
Can I View All iTunes Backups in One Place? Yes
TunesFix iTunes cleaner is specifically developed by the professional iOS solution provider iMyFone to take care of your iTunes. It's the your best option to view and manage your iTunes backups in one place. It also shows you the backup is for which iOS device.
Get TunesFix to access your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch backups without iTunes. Let the specialist do the professional things, which would save your time, energy and money.
Get TunesFix Access iTunes Backups
- Scan and show you all the iOS backups stored on your PC in one place.
- It shows you the backup by "Device Name" and "Backup Time", so you can easily know what the backup is.
- The Deep Clean features also shows you the hidden backups left by 3rd-party software.
- Preview and delete iOS backups selectively in bulk or all at once.
Steps to Delete Old iOS Backups Using TunesFix
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesFix on your computer. It will detect your iTunes. When it’s done, choose “Deep Clean” feature.
Note: “Deep Clean” will scan all the iPhone backups including the third-party ones while “Quick Clean” just scans the backups made by iTunes. “Deep Clean” will take more time than “Quick” to scan the files.
Step 2: Click “Scan”. When it’s done, you can preview and select some backup to erase. Please, uncheck the files you would like to keep all the backups will be checked by default.
Step 3: Remove the iTunes backup(s) by clicking “Clean”. You will immediately recover your hard disk storage space when it’s done.
TunesFix Tool Takes More Care of Your iTunes:
- Preview and remove media from iTunes library and folders: music, movies, podcasts, audiobooks, books, tones, home videos, etc.
- Delete used iTunes software updates and iOS updates which are no longer useful
- Also remove other iTunes junk files such as cache, cookies, logs, temporary downloads, etc., saving huge space and boosting PC performance.
- Cleaning speed is very fast, like cleaning 75GB space will cost less than 1 minute.