Where Does iTunes Store iPhone Backups on PC/Mac
To locate iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your PC or Mac in order to copy them, delete backups or more, you’ll need to follow this guide systematically.
How to Locate Backups stored on your Mac or PC
Your backup files are sensitive, so in order to avoid ruining them, here is what you should know.
- iTunes normally saves backups to a Backup folder in your User folder. However, locating this Backup folder depends on the Operating System you are using: macOS or Windows.
- Editing, renaming, relocating or extracting contents from your backup file may ruin the file if the action is not done well.
How to find iTunes list of backups on your Mac:
Step 1: Click the Search icon in the Menu bar.
Step 2: Copy and paste the following command in the search bar: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Step 3: Click Return to go back to your desktop.
How to find iTunes backup on your Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC:
Step 1: Locate your Windows Search bar:
Step 2: In the Search bar, copy and paste the following command: %appdata% or %USERPROFILE% (for those who downloaded iTunes from Microsoft Store).
Step 3: Click Return, then double click these folders: Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup.
Once you’ve located where iTunes store up your iPhone backups, choose to delete or copy such backups on your Windows or Mac PC. To copy your iTunes backup, just find the backup folder as we’ve described above, and copy the entire folder to another device, folder, or network-storage location.
Not all the iPhone backups are stored in the default iTunes folder!
If you have been using third-party software to manage your iOS data and files, then you have to look beyond iTunes backup folder when searching for your iOS device backups on your PC. This is mostly true when you are using third-party software like iPhone data eraser, iOS data recovery tool, iOS data backup tool, etc.
In these aforementioned cases, those backups are stored somewhere on your PC, but you can’t find them because they are hidden from you. However, there is a remedy to this issue, and the solution is shared in the next part of this article.
Find All the iPhone Backups Stored and Delete the Old Ones
TunesFix iTunes cleaner is specifically developed by the professional iOS solution provider iMyFone to take care of your iTunes. It has 3 unique features: clean iTunes in one place, repair all iTunes errors and completely uninstall iTunes.
Get TunesFix to fully locate and remove redundant data from iTunes without troubles. Let the specialist do the professional things, which would save your time, energy and money.
What Does TunesFix Cleans for iTunes
- Scan all the iOS backups made by iTunes or third-party software, and delete selectively in bulk or all at a time
- Preview and remove media from iTunes library and folders: music, movies, podcasts, audiobooks, books, tones, home videos, etc.
- Delete used iTunes software updates and iOS updates which are no longer useful
- Also remove other iTunes junk files such as cache, cookies, logs, temporary downloads, etc., saving huge space and boosting PC performance.
- Cleaning speed is very fast, like cleaning 75GB space will cost less than 1 minute.
Steps to Delete Old iOS Backups Using TunesFix
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesFix on your computer. It will detect your iTunes. When it’s done, choose “Deep Clean” feature.
Note: “Deep Clean” will scan all the iPhone backups including the third-party ones while “Quick Clean” just scans the backups made by iTunes. “Deep Clean” will take more time than “Quick” to scan the files.
Step 2: Click “Scan”. When it’s done, you can preview and select some backup to erase. Please, uncheck the files you would like to keep all the backups will be checked by default.
Step 3: Remove the iTunes backup(s) by clicking “Clean”. You will immediately recover your hard disk storage space when it’s done.