I have an album of pictures which I downloaded from Dropbox but are being displayed as a grey thumbnail at the bottom right corner with a cloud icon. Although these pictures are shows up when I click on them and they load full screen, it frustrating that when I try to upload then to Instagram I have issues with them.
I didn’t turn on iCloud photos or photo sharing or any other application, so I’m a bit confused. I only have this issue with pictures I downloaded from Dropbox. How do I fix my HEIC display issues?
How to Fix the Problem of HEIC Display Issue
Step 1: Transfer iPhone HEIC photos to Computer
In order to solve the HEIC display issue, the first step is to transfer the photos to computer. Since iTunes cannot transfer photos to computer, go for iMyFone TunesMate to achieve this step.
- It can manage, delete and selectively transfer iOS 11 pictures.
- It can transfer images from iDevice to PC, external hard drive and so on
- You can back up files with just a single click
- It can export all kind of files including music, podcasts, movies, audiobooks, TV shows, playlists, photos, iTunes U, and 10+ more.
How to Transfer iPhone HEIC Photos to Computer
Step 1: On your computer, download and install iMyFone Tunesmate. Start Tunesmate and use a USB cable to connect your PC.
Step 2: From the home interface of Tunesmate, tap on BACKUP PHOTOS TO PC.
Step 3: Choose the destination you would like to export the HEIC photos to PC. Tap on SELECT FOLDER to begin the backup process.
Step 4: Once BACKUP SUCCESSFUL appear on the screen, this implies that Tunesmate has successfully transferred your HEIC photos to PC.
Step 2: Convert the HEIC Photos to Jpg
This converter enables the conversion of HEIC files to jpg. It is very easy to use. You can convert a single file or do a bulk conversion if you want. The conversion it instant and saves time. Follow the steps below to convert your HEIC photos.
- It converts HEIC file to JPEG without losing the quality of the image.
- For security purposes, it can be used offline.
- The quality of converted files is not compromised.
- You can also use it directly convert your iPhone HEIC photos without needing to transfer them to computer.
Step 1: Download, install and open iMFone HEIC Converter.
Step 2: Select the mode: “Convert Single Photo” or “Convert Photos in Batch” and click “Start”.
Step 3: Select the photo you want to convert, click “Open” then “Convert” to begin the process.
Step 3: Transfer Jpg Photos Back to iPhone
The last step to fix the HEIC display issue is to export your jpg photos to your iDevice, the following steps will guide you.
Step 1: Ensure you pictures are organized accordingly in iPHOTO, PHOTOS OR APERTURE.
Step 2: Plug your iDevice into your Computer/ Mac, Launch iTunes and tap the iDevice icon at the top bar, then press the PHOTOS tab.
Step 3: Tap the CHECKLIST close to SYNC PHOTOS.
Step 4: From the COPY PHOTOS FORM drop-down menu, tap PHOTOS, photos, or APERTURE.
Step 5: Choose the OPTIONS you prefer.
Step 6: Tap SYNC at the bottom right corner. After synced the Jpg photos to your iPhone, the HEIC display issue is fixed. You can view them as usual.
How to Avoid the HEIC Display Issue in Future
Ensure you set your photo to JPEG, use the steps below:
Step 1: go to Setting
Step 2: Click on camera>format
Step 3: Choose MOST COMPATIBLE
Other Information about HEIC Photos
What is HEIC?
This is a visual container format standardized by Moving Picture Expert Group, for image storage, MPEG, for the storage, sharing and sequencing of images. It uses the ISOBMFF, meaning ISO Base Media File, standard; however, it does not support all devices.
Advantages of HEIC files
- Can store single images or sequences
- Can store pictures alongside audio/text
- Allows the storage of editing operations on images
- Can carry out lossless compressions of photo
- Speedily and efficiently handles widespread integration
Disadvantages of HEIC files
- It is not compatible with all operating systems
- Does not supports certain applications
- Create some problems with third-party photo applications