For several years, people have relied on heavy-duty software to convert PDF files to Excel sheets. Even though these tools are specifically tailored for the job, they consume a lot of memory, which may slow down the system. That’s why people have started to look for methods that allow them to convert PDF to Excel without software.
One of the ways to do this task is to use an online portal. There are hundreds of websites that provide PDF to Excel conversion in a hassle-free manner. In this article, we’re going to introduce you to a few of these platforms where you can convert a PDF file to an Excel sheet within a few minutes.
TOP 10 Strategies to Convert PDF to Excel without Software
PDF2Go is a free, yet versatile online PDF editor/converter that allows you to perform different operations on a PDF file. Whether you want to repair a damaged PDF file or convert it to an Excel sheet, PDF2GO will help you achieve the desired goal with minimum efforts.
PDF2Go also has a dedicated “Protect” feature that’ll allow you to password-protect a PDF file by specifying a unique password. This feature is extremely useful for companies that need to protect critical information using a PDF file. You can simply specify the password and only authorized entities will be able to access the file.
When it comes to converting PDF files to Excel, PDF2Go is a complete winner. With a quick drag-and-drop feature, you can quickly upload the PDF files to the server. Once uploaded, you can convert them into Excel sheets with one click.
- Convert PDF files to Excel sheets with one click.
- Convert PDF files to several other formats.
- Repair, protect, compress, and unlock different PDF files.
- If you don’t have the paid subscriptions, there will be a daily file limit.
- While using the free version, you’ll also encounter various ads, that usually gets annoying.
Smallpdf is among the most popular online PDF managers, that’s used by many people across the globe. Thanks to its Google Drive & Dropbox support, you can directly add PDF files from your cloud storage platforms and convert them to Excel without any efforts. What separates SmallPDF from the PDF to Excel converter is its versatility.
The tool offers a wide variety of functionalities that’ll help you manage different PDF files easily. For instance, if you have a PDF file with a significantly large size, you can use Smallpdf to compress it without losing any content at all.
While talking about conversions, you can convert PDF files to different formats including .xls, .doc, .ppt, .jpg, etc. With Smallpdf, you also get a 14-days free trial before switching to the premium version. So, if you’re looking for a feature-rich way to convert PDF to Excel without software, Smallpdf is the answer.
- Supports different types of conversions.
- You can also remove specific pages from a PDF file.
- Cloud storage integration.
- The free version of Smallpdf has limited functionalities.
- If you’re trying to convert a heavy file, it may take several minutes to convert.
PDF Converter is a straightforward PDF conversion platform with a user-friendly interface and wide functionality. With a quick drag-and-drop feature, you’ll be able to add & convert PDF files within a few minutes. You can also upload files directly from Google Drive or Dropbox or paste a direct URL.
Once the files are uploaded, you can click the “Convert” button and they’ll be automatically converted to Excel. Like the previous tools, you can also password-protect or compress a PDF file using PDF Converter.
If you choose the paid version of the software, you’ll get some advanced functionalities such as SSL encryption. This means that no unauthorized person would be able to access your files from the server. As compared to other PDF converters, this online solution is quite cheaper. The monthly subscription starts at $6 and you can even purchase the life-time subscription at $99, making it an affordable way to convert PDF to Excel without software.
- Affordable pricing.
- Convert PDF files to other formats and vice versa.
- After conversion, the PDF document automatically gets deleted from the server.
- If you want to access all the tools, you’ll have to choose one of the paid membership programs.
- You may encounter unexpected crashes while converting multiple PDF files at once.
AltoPDFtoExcel is a dedicated PDF to Excel converter. Unlike all the previous entries, AltoPDFtoExcel doesn’t offer an extensive range of conversions. However, it’s a good choice for people who only want to convert a single PDF file to an Excel sheet and don’t want to buy a membership.
You can also add PDF files from Google Drive, Dropbox, and your Microsoft OneDrive account. Once the files are converted, you can even export them directly to these cloud storage platforms. So, if you’re looking for a simple way to convert a PDF file into an Excel without software, AltoPDFtoExcel would be the most reliable option.
- Accurate PDF to Excel conversion.
- Doesn’t hamper the formatting.
- Instant conversion with an easy-to-use interface.
- Doesn’t support batch conversion.
ILovePDF is enterprise-level software that’s designed by Solid Documents. It offers advanced functionalities that’ll help you streamline different PDF-related operations in an organization. With ILovePDF, you can convert PDF files to different formats and even create a sharable link for instantly.
This means you won’t have to attach the file while e-mailing the converted PDF files. You can simply paste its link and share it with as many people as you want. If you decide to buy the subscription program, you can also convert multiple PDF files at once. This will save you time and help you focus on other core objectives of your job.
- ILovePDF receives regular updates for better functionality.
- Doesn’t destroy the quality of the PDF document at all.
- If you try to compress too many files at once, the size will reduce by a small fraction.
Soda PDF Online is the web version of Soda PDF, a cross-platform PDF solution. You can access Soda PDF Online on any device and quickly convert PDF into Excel without software. The tool supports eight different languages, which means people across the globe would be able to use it without any hassle.
With Soda PDF Online, you can directly create a new PDF file as well and convert it to the corresponding Excel sheet. After converting the file, you’ll be able to directly share it with others through e-mail. Finally, if you change your mind, you can even convert the Excel sheet back to the original PDF format.
- Seamless Cloud integration.
- Convert files to different formats.
- As compared to its desktop version, the online portal has limited features.
There are very few PDF converters that support OCR for scanned files. Fortunately, Able2Extract is one of them. As its name implies, the tool is capable of extracting accurate information from a scanned PDF document, thanks to its OCR scanning feature. This means if you have a scanned PDF document, you can use Able2Extract to convert it into an editable Excel sheet.
Able2Extract also supports other conversions such as PDF to Word, PDF to PowerPoint, and PDFtoJPG. And, unlike many PDF conversion platforms, you won’t have to create an account or provide any personal information to convert the file. You can directly start the conversion and get along with your day.
- Supports OCR PDF scanning.
- Perfect for small-scale PDF conversions.
- The online version is a simple conversion tool and doesn’t have any advanced features. You can’t even convert multiple files at once.
- No Cloud Integration in the online version.
Zamzar is a great option for people who only want to convert 2-3 files and don’t need a long-term software. The software supports different types of file conversions and you won’t find it challenging to convert PDF files to Excel sheets. But, as compared to other online converters, Zamzar is significantly slower. In fact, if your Internet connection isn’t stable, you might find it challenging to convert files.
Furthermore, you can also generate a download link for the converted file, which is pretty great as it can directly be shared with others. But, the download link is only available for 24 hours and won’t work after that. To conclude, Zamzar is a reliable option for a one-time PDF to Excel conversion.
- Zamzar notifies you via email when a conversion completes.
- Support multiple file formats and conversions.
- User-friendly interface.
- It has a size limit of 50MB.
- When the site experiences heavy traffic, you won’t be able to upload the file, let alone convert it.
PDFTables is a free PDF to Excel converter that provides a dedicated API to quickly convert PDF files into Excel. Even though you get 75 free credits with the free version, it’s a great choice for people who don’t want a long-term solution. Once you go to PDF Tables, you can directly upload the file from your PC and start conversion.
Unfortunately, at this point in time, PDFTables doesn’t support cloud integration, which means you can’t upload files directly from the cloud.
- Supports fast PDF to Excel conversion.
- Dedicated enterprise plans for organizations.
- The page credit system might be annoying for many people.
- You get only 75 free credits, which might get consumed in a single PDF document if it has more than 75 pages.
PDFConverter.com is yet another simple, but feature-packed online converter. Apart from cloud integration, PDFConverter.com also supports OCR for scanned documents. With PDFConverter.com, you won’t have to sign-up or provide any personal information.
Simply visit the website and upload your file that you want to convert. The only downside of PDFConverter.com is that it doesn’t support batch processing and you can only convert a single file at once.
- OCR support converts scanned PDFs to editable Excel sheets.
- Convert PDF files to different formats.
- Doesn’t provide multiple conversion.
- Slower than other online converters.
Is Convert PDF to Excel without Software Safe
With online conversion becoming more and more popular, many people want to know if it’s safe to convert PDF to Excel without software? To be honest, the answer to this question would vary each time as it depends on which platform you’re using.
The Internet is stacked with thousands of such platforms that provide online conversions. This means that you have to be extra cautious about which platform you use. If you’re working with a critical PDF document that contains sensitive information, it’s better to choose an online converter that supports SSL encryption.
Moreover, if you come across a service provider that asks for unnecessary personal information, make sure to quit it immediately. These types of online converters are simply designed to collect user’s personal information and misuse it in different ways.
To put it in simple words, the online conversion is never safe, especially when we’re talking about extremely critical documents. If that’s the case, you should always choose offline software to convert PDF files to Excel sheets. But, if you were to choose an online converter, either pick one of the above-mentioned solutions or do your research before making the final decision.
How to Protect Your Privacy When Converting Online
So, what precautions you can take to keep your privacy intact while using an online converter. Here we’ve put together a few safety tips that’ll keep your personal information safe all the time.
- Don’t use a service that you’ve never heard of, even if its website is ranking at the top of Google search results. Ranking on Google is not a challenge for frauds as they have the tips & tricks to optimize a web page for keywords like “PDF to Excel Converter” and “Convert PDF to Excel for free”.
- Try to take reference from your colleagues or friends. They’ll tell you their experience with specific software.
- If a service asks for detailed personal information, do not use it at all.
- If you’re trying to convert valuable PDF documents, make sure to check the online converter for SSL encryption.
Thanks to these online tools, it has become way easier to convert PDF to Excel sheet without software. If you’re also not ready for long-term software or heavy investment, choose a suitable solution from the above list and start converting PDF files into Excel sheets.