If you’ve accidentally deleted some data on your MacOS or lost data due to a system issue, you may be searching for various ways to recover the lost data on your MacOS, right? Moreover, you may be surrounded by several people telling you that you’ve permanently lost your data and there is no way you can get it back. Nevertheless, you don’t need to be hassled anymore. In this post, we’ll help you identify a top-rated MacOS recovery solution that can help you recover lost, missing, or deleted data on your MacOS. Keep reading to know more.
1. Best Way to Recover MacOS with AnyRecover
So, without much ado, let’s talk about the best MacOS Recovery on the market. .
Yes, we’re talking about AnyRecover Data Recovery Solution. With the help of AnyRecover you can easily and safely get all your MacOS data back. Don’t worry; you don’t require any expertise to use the solution. Whether the reason behind the data loss is a machine failure, human error, or other software acquired issue; you can easily perform MacOS recovery using AnyRecover.
Easy Recovery on Mac with AnyRecover
- Recover different types of data – videos, photos, audio, documents, and a lot more.
- Recover lost data from various storage devices – external drive, hard drive, USB drive, flash drive, and more.
- Recover lost data due to one or more reasons – power failure, system failure, human error, and more
- Recover lost data instantly and easily, no tech required.
- Recover first 3 files for free without purchase.
Follow these quick steps to recover lost data of MacOS using AnyRecover:
1. Select the Recovery Mode: Open AnyRecover solution on your system and pick the “Deleted Files Recovery” mode.
2. Select a location on your Mac: The first and most important step to begin the hunt for your data is picking a location. You can pick any location where you may have lost data including external removable drives, hard drives, etc. Once you’ve picked a location, press the “Scan” button.
3. Choose the type of file: Once you’ve picked a location, select a file type you’re trying to recover. As already mentioned above, you can recover different file types such as videos, audio, photos, documents, etc. Once you’re sure about the file type, press the “Scan” button.
4. Begin the scan process: Once you’ve chosen the file type and picked a location, AnyRecover will perform a thorough scan to find your missing files after which it will display the found results.
5. Preview files and recover: Once AnyRecover has completed the scanning process, all the deleted files will get listed on your screen. You can also preview the files before restoring them. Once you pick the files you would like to recover, press the “Recover” button to restore the data back to the original location.
Apart from the AnyRecovery method mentioned in the previous section, there are two traditional methods for MacOS recovery. These include: Time Machine Backup and MacOS X Terminal. Let’s look at both of them in a little more detail.
2. Recover MacOS from Time Machine Backup
In case you used Time Machine Backup to create a backup of your files, you can easily restore deleted or lost files from the backup. Moreover, using the Time Machine Backup, you can perform MacOS recovery and restore all your lost files at the same time.
How to restore files using Time Machine Backup:
- Connect the Time Machine Backup disk and switch on your Mac.
- When the Migration Assistant pops-up and asks you how you want to transfer your information, pick the option “From a Mac, Time Machine backup, or startup disk.” Then press the “Continue” button.
- Then pick your Time Machine Backup (all backups will be organized by date and time) and press the “Continue” button.
- Pick the information you would like to transfer and press the “Continue” button to transfer.
- If there’s a lot of data on your backup, it may take you some time to recover your files.
Limitations of this method
To use this recovery method, you need to create a backup first.
• Time Machine Backup restore destination volume needs to be more than the backup size.
• Time Machine Backups are deleted regularly and the schedules cannot be changed.
• Time Machine Backups require more time to move from one media to another.
3. Recover MacOS from Terminal
If you feel there are some MacOS files that you shouldn’t have deleted and wish to restore them, you can use the Mac OS X Terminal.
How to restore files using MacOS X Terminal:
- Using the “Applications” folder, move to the MacOS X Terminal.
- Open the “Utilities” folder.
- Double-click “Terminal” to open the application.
- Type the Terminal Command: cd.Trash and press the “Return” key.
- In the next line, type the command “mv xxx../” where “xxx” will be replaced by the full name of your deleted file which you now wish to recover, then press "Return" again.
- In the next line, type “Quit” and press the “Return” key yet again.
- Now press the “Command” and “F” buttons on your Mac together to launch the Finder.
- Search for the deleted file using the Finder’s search bar.
- Once you locate the file in the Finder, move it to the original location.
Limitations of this method
• You cannot undo any command once you type it in the terminal command window.
So, the next time you accidentally delete a file on your MacOS or lose one or more files due to a system error, don’t go into a state of shock. Relax! Using AnyRecover, you can easily recover lost, deleted, or missing files in just a few minutes. Also, you can try the two traditional MacOS recovery methods mentioned at the end of the article. If you have any questions related to MacOS recovery, please send us your queries, and we’ll get back to you soon.