Outlook 2016 Disconnected? Don’t worry; it’s not a big deal. It can be disappointing to have outlook disconnected from the server, thus preventing you from enjoying the fantastic Microsoft outlook features. On this page, you’ll learn how you can fix Outlook 2016 Disconnected issue.
- Solution 1: Restart your PC
- Solution 2: Ping the Server
- Solution 3: Repair MS Outlook and Recover Files with Recovery Software
- Solution 4: Start the Application in a Safe Mode
Outlook 2016 Disconnected from Server 2016/2013/2010/2007, How to Resolve It?
With Microsoft Outlook, you can sync your personal data with your phone, tablet, and other computers, provided you can log in to those with your Microsoft Account. You can sort your email into folders based on rules you create, send Out Of Office messages automatically, flag emails for follow up, and get an email from Exchange servers.
So now you have the necessary information about Microsoft Outlook, let’s go ahead and learn about “simple ways to fix Outlook 2016 disconnected issues without calling a tech guy” but why would Microsoft Outlook not connect to the server? Why would the application not connect even though I have an internet connection?
Reasons for the Outlook Disconnection Error
Here are some possible reasons for the Error and why the application may not connect even if there is a reliable internet connection.
- An interruption in internet connection
- Wrong Exchange Serve settings.
- Outage/server down problem.
- Incorrect Outlook profile settings.
The above issue is straightforward to resolve. All you need to do is just follow the simple steps outlined below.
Solutions to Outlook Disconnection Error
1Restart Your PC
The main thing you need to do if you get this error while working on Microsoft Outlook is to restart your PC. Once you reboot your machine, it boots up and then launches the Microsoft Outlook application. It will then start correctly, and you can go ahead with your work.
2Ping the Server
You just restarted your PC, but the issue has not been resolved. Another way to resolve Outlook 2016 Disconnected issue is to “Ping” the server. You need to Ping the server.
Ping is a utility, or a command that is present in Windows OS used to determine whether the issue is related to the server/host or not. Pings can be used to check the network connection and the speed among the two networks in which one is yours, and the other is on the internet. In such a case, you can ping the server for which you need to have the server and just follow the below steps:
Step 1. Firstly, go to Start and click the Search button on your PC.
Step 2. Type CMD and click on OK. Command Prompt window will pop up on the screen.
Step 3. Type the command “Ping" followed by the name of Exchange Server and then hit Enter.
The “ping” utility will run for a few seconds and display the results in the form of Responses.
If you receive a response saying “Request timed out,” it shows that the issue is related to network connectivity or Exchange server.
To fix this issue, you need to contact a Server team, or you just change your network.
If the responses are summed up with some packets as Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0", which means that there is no issue regarding the server or network connectivity so that you can skip the step of checking LAN cable, network connectivity.
3Repair MS Outlook and Recover Files with Recovery Software
This process is so easy. All you need for this is an Outlook Repair Tool – iMyFone ScanOutlook software.
iMyFone ScanOutlook is a professional yet easy to use tool to repair corrupt outlook data files (.pst & .ost) and recover Outlook mailbox data from Microsoft Outlook, making it look as if you just installed a brand new Microsoft Windows Outlook.
Key Features of iMyFone ScanOutlook:
- Repair corrupted/damaged Outlook PST/OST file.
- Recover deleted Emails, Attachments, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journals.
- Export data in various file formats - PST, EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF.
- Compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.
- It supports Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 OS.
How to Use iMyFone ScanOutlook?
To begin solving the problem, you need to have access to iMyFone ScanOutlook. Visit the official website to get the software. you must have downloaded and installed iMyFone ScanOutlook, then follow the steps below:
Step 1. After launching ScanOutlook on your computer, the first step is to choose the files you want to repair/recover. There are three options available in the file selection dialogue:
- Select Default PST/OST to automatically load the Outlook data files in the default location. You just need to select the particular file to repair.
- Select PST/OST Manually if you know the location of the particular Outlook data file, to do this click “Browse” button to locate it and open the files manually.
- Search for PST/OST If you don’t know the location, by clicking the “Search” button. Then click “Browse” to select a folder (or volume). Then click “Search” to search for all the Outlook data files in the selected folder (or volume).
Step 2. Once the PST/OST file is selected, click on “Repair” to start the repair process. This process has two options. You can choose “Quick scan” or “Deep scan”.
Step 3. Once you are finished with the repair, all the recovered/repaired Outlook data files would be displayed at the left panel. You can click the specific folder to preview and check your data.
Step 4. To export your recovered file to your preferred location, Select the folders/files and click on the “Export Selected” button at the top menu. You must make sure you choose the right file format before clicking “Export.” You will have to wait a few minutes to complete the process.
4Start the Application in a Safe Mode
Another solution you will have to consider is to try to start Microsoft Outlook in “Safe Mode.” Safe mode is used for investigations; every driver is disabled, and you can pinpoint the root of most issues with this mode. To run Microsoft Soft Outlook 2016 in “Safe Mode” go to:
- Go to the Start menu on your PC and click on Outlook and access the Run program.
- In the Run dialog box, type “outlook2016.exe/safe” and then click "OK".
- When you run the application, you can close it and start Outlook again.
Is your Outlook 2016 Disconnected? With all the above steps you can see that you don’t have to be a tech genius to solve Microsoft Outlook disconnection issues. These steps are straightforward to follow, and they don’t require you to spend much time fixing the problem. Most times, in the process of working on your files or due to internet reconnection issues, you may be prone to lose some crucial data in Microsoft Outlook. What you need is to use iMyFone ScanOutlook to repair your Microsoft Outlook application and also to recover lost or damaged files.