Outlook is one of the best email providers for personal as well as business use. However, users sometimes face certain issues that can be really annoying. One of these issues is regarding receiving emails in Outlook. If you think that you are no longer receiving Outlook emails because of an issue, then this guide is for you.
4 Ways to Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails
Use iMyFone ScanOutlook
Most of the issues related to Outlook occur due to the Outlook data file being corrupted or damaged. That's why it is recommended that you use a reliable tool to repair the corrupted Outlook data file or at least recover your valuable data from it before it is permanently lost.
Using iMyFone ScanOutlook for this purpose is highly recommended because this Outlook repair/recovery tool is capable of fixing variety of Outlook problems quickly and efficiently.
- Fix wide variety of Outlook-related issues within minutes.
- Repair corrupted Outlook data files in a fast and efficient manner.
- Recover valuable data from corrupted Outlook files and save them in a new, healthy file. Including attachments, calendar, journals, contacts, emails, notes, and more.
- You can save the recovered data in a file format of your choice. Supported formats include PST, MSG, PDF, EML, etc.
- Repair Outlook data files regardless of whether they are damaged due to a software issue or virus attack, inaccessible, or corrupted.
- ScanOutlook is fully compatible with all new and old versions of Outlook.
Steps to Repair Corrupted Outlook Data Via ScanOutlook
ScanOutlook is easy to use so you won't have to worry about any lengthy procedures or complex operations and you can solve any Outlook-related issue within just a few minutes.
Step 1. Launch ScanOutlook on your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions of the software and choose the corrupted Outlook data file that you wish to repair.
Step 2. Next, click on the Repair button after selecting the Outlook data file. ScanOutlook will start the repairing process.
Step 3. Once the repairing process is complete, use the 'Export Selected' option to preview and export the recovered/repaired files to your desired location. Then use the Export button to start the exporting process.
Step 4. After saving the data file, open it in Outlook, you'll find that the "Outlook not receiving emails" issue has been solved.
Outlook 2016/365 Not Receiving Emails? Create a New Profile
The problem of not receiving Outlook emails can occur if your Outlook profile is corrupted. To fix this, you will need to create a new profile and set it up with your email account. The process to do this is quite straightforward.
Step 1. In Outlook, click on File and then navigate to Account Settings section.
Step 2. Once there, navigate to Manage Profiles > Show Profiles and then click on the Add button.
Step 3. Now in the Profile Name box, input a name for your new profile and then click OK to save it.
Step 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your newly created profile with your email account. Once everything is configured, restart Outlook.
Step 5. Then navigate to File > Account Settings > Change Profile.
Step 6. Now click on the OK button when the Outlook Will Close message appears.
Step 7. Restart Outlook and then choose your newly created profile from the Profile Name list and click OK to confirm your action.
Check Internet Connection
Your internet connection could be the cause behind the 'Outlook not receiving emails' problem. If you believe that the problem is occurring due to your network connection, then it is recommended that you make sure that Outlook is online.
Step 1. Launch Outlook on your computer and once it is launched, check the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Step 2. If there is a 'Working Offline' or a similar message, then it means there's a connection problem.
Step 3. Use the ribbon menu to navigate to the Send/Receive section and then find and click on the 'Work Offline' option to toggle the setting.
Step 4. If everything goes right, a 'Connected to Server' message will appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Step 5. Now navigate to the Send/Receive All Folders section and check your Outlook inbox. The missing emails should appear now.
Correct POP or IMAP Settings
Incorrect POP or IMAP settings is another common cause behind the 'Outlook not receiving emails' problem. If these settings are incorrect, then you will need to navigate to the account settings and fix them in order to solve the Outlook sending and receiving problem.
Step 1. In Outlook, navigate to Account Settings.
Step 2. Find and navigate to the POP and IMAP section and make sure that the following details are accurate:
- Your Name: This will appear in the emails you send to your recipients.
- Email Address: Make sure to input your full email address.
- Account Type: Either select IMAP or POP3.
- Incoming mail server: Input mail.papamail.net if you have a POP or IMAP account.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Input mail.papamail.net if you have a POP or IMAP account.
- User Name: Input your email account username in this field.
- Password: Input the correct email account password in this field.