Apple has unveiled its much talked about iOS 13 which include some very interesting new features and some major improvement in photos, messages, maps and music apps in addition to other redesigned features. While there is excitements that come with any release of iOS version, there is also some reasons why you may want to downgrade from iOS 13 and it can be any or combination of the following.
- Compatibility problems with apps
- Lack of help or insufficient help when needed
- No jailbreaks
- Not fully optimized
- Probability of the software becoming buggy
5 Things You Should Know Before Downgrading from iOS 13
Downgrading from iOS 13 on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch comes with a lot of issues and it is important that you are aware of some of them. Below are 5 things you should know before downgrading.
- Downloading Restrict: You will be able to downgrade back only to the latest iOS version - iOS 12.4.
- There are 2 methods of Downgrading: The two methods involved are the clean restore method which wipes off your contents and the update method which allows your settings and data to be retained.
- The Issue with backups: When you allow iCloud to perform a backup on iOS 13, then keep in mind that restoring the backup once you downgrade from iOS 13 is no longer possible.
- Time limit: it won't last long after iOS 13 is launched, Apple may not allow user to downgrade from iOS 13, so, if you are not satisfied with iOS 13, downgrade as soon as possible.
- Not fully Optimized: Note that Apple will likely fix the bugs in iOS 13, therefore, expect it to get better with time.
How to Downgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 12
Many users, who have used the iOS 13, have encountered some issues and because of that, some may want to downgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 12. The following are the steps involved.
Step 1: The first thing is to upgrade your iTunes to the most recent version on your computer.
Step 2: Then download iOS 12 IPSW file on your device. You can get the file for your specific phone.
Step 3: Go to "Find my iPhone" and turn it off. To do that, go to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
Step 4: Now connect your device to your computer and then launch iTunes.
Step 5: Hold sleep/wake and home button down for 10 seconds. Continue to hold down home button but then release sleep/wake till device enters DFU mode.
Step 6: Click on Restore iPhone by holding the shift key on windows.
Step 7: Then find the IPSW file and select it. Then let iTunes do the installation of iOS 12 on your device. Ensure that your device remains plugged during the whole process.
A Comprehensive Understanding about iOS 13
Like every other versions of iOS operating systems ever released by Apple, there are some top advantages as well as disadvantages.
Advantages of iOS 13
- Huge Changes for Messages: Messages have become better with the iOS 13. For example, it allows you send messages to someone using your own handwriting and recipients see it as real as it is. You also have the option of changing the bubble effect of the message, sketches, heartbeats etc. In fact, iOS 13 takes text messaging to a whole new colorful and interesting system.
- Siri is More Powerful: One major advantage of the iOS 12 is a more powerful Siri. In fact, Siri has been made available and open to other user app like whatsapp, WeChat, Uber and others. Siri is now too powerful that it now works like a personal assistant.
Disadvantages of iOS 13
- No Support for iPhone 5 and below: Unfortunately, it is only available from iPhone 5s and newer models. Therefore you have to get a new device if you own iPhone 5C and below.
- It Requires Storage Space to Upgrade: To upgrade to iOS 13, you are expected to have about 4GB space on your device. However, if your device lacks space, you should free up more iPhone storage space so that it can allow for the upgrade.