If you are an iPhone user, it is highly likely that you must have experienced the dreaded error 14 iTunes as part of your iPhone experience. The error 14 is an error that displays when you are restoring or upgrading your Apple devices which include the iPhone, iPod, iPad as well as Mac devices. There is always a tendency that the iTunes error 14 will stop the process of updating and restoring process therefore it requires a solution.
However, it is important to note that the error 14 is normally caused by a USB related issue. This happens when the USB connection between computer and iPhone is interrupted leading to a failure of the process required to restore the iPhone software. It can also be caused by the security software present in your computer but whichever the case, fixing an error 14 iTunes is a priority and this is what we shall see below.
How to Fix iTunes Error 14
Fixing iTunes error 14 is a priority if you must successfully restore or upgrade your iPhone. The following are the steps required to fix this problem.
Step 1: Set Date and Time- You have to ensure that the correct date and time is set on your iOS device. If not correct, it could lead to error 14 during the process of updating and restoring.
Step 2: Restart iPhone and PC- You can restart both your iPhone and PC.
Step 3: Update Security Software- Your iPhone security software should be updated to its latest version.
Step 4: Turn off or Uninstall Security Software- When updating it does not work, then turn it off or uninstall the security software and start the restoring process again.
Step 5: Update iTunes- Note that iTunes is very important in restoring and updating process, therefore ensure it is updated.
If these steps fail to fix iTunes error 14, then it is advisable to visit the Apple Support for help.
Useful Tips for Using iOS 10
The release of iOS 10 has given birth to some iOS new features and even if you are not new to the iOS platform, you will sure need some useful tips to help you get the best out of the iOS and these are some of them.
- Customize the Widgets: You can always manage the widget if you want by just using the Edit button. The edit button allows you to delete or move items. However, it is important to take note of the fact that you may be asked for passcode.
- Swipe Left and Right on the Home Screen:The iOS 10 comes with a new home screen but swiping your device left to unlock it still remains. However, with some higher models especially ones equipped with Touch ID, you would not need to swipe to unlock any more but you can now swipe to the left so as to open the camera or right for the widget window access. Unlocking now takes a different step and it is done by holding the Home Button for Touch ID.
- Sketch in Messages: You can now draw sketch in messages on your iPhone. All you need to do is to tap the sketch as you open the messages. Note that the sketches are sent as animations.
- Quick Peep at Notifications: The lock screen will show notifications in iOS 10 instead of the usual system of pressing buttons in order to view notifications.
- Remove the Stock Apps: It was not possible initially but you can now remove stock apps like calendar apps, face Time etc. from home screen.