If you are an iPhone user, it is highly likely that you must have experienced the dreaded error 14 iTunes as part of your iPhone experience. The error 14 is an error that displays when you are restoring or upgrading your Apple devices which include the iPhone, iPod, iPad as well as Mac devices. There is always a tendency that the iTunes error 14 will stop the process of updating and restoring process therefore it requires a solution.
However, it is important to note that the error 14 is normally caused by a USB related issue. This happens when the USB connection between computer and iPhone is interrupted leading to a failure of the process required to restore the iPhone software. It can also be caused by the security software present in your computer but whichever the case, fixing an error 14 iTunes is a priority and this is what we shall see below.
How to Fix iTunes Error 14
1.Automatically Fix iTunes Error 14
Have you ever heard of the way to fix the iTunes error 14 issue automatically? If not, we will tell you the answer with the help of iMyFone TunesFix. It is an distinguished iTunes repairer tool, no matter what kind of problem, all can be easily fixed. With it's simple steps, you will never worry about your iTunes.
- Automatically detect iTunes errors and issues.
- 1-Click repair iTunes errors 14 and other different problems.
- TunesFix will not erase or delete your data while repairing.
- Deep clean and quick clean modes to help your free up space and boost your PC.
- It can easily completely uninstall iTunes and its related components.
Step 1: Install and Open TunesFix and it will automatically detect your iTunes and its related components. If there is problem, you can click "Repair" to fix the issue. If there is no issue, you will be brought to the home interface.
Step 2: On the home interface, you will find many different modes, choose “Fix Other iTunes Problems”.
Step 3: Click “Repair” to let the software start to repair your iTunes. Once done, you can Click "Open iTunes" to see if it can be used normally.
2.Manually Fix iTunes Error 14
Fixing iTunes error 14 is a priority if you must successfully restore or upgrade your iPhone. The following are the steps required to fix this problem.
Step 1: Set Date and Time- You have to ensure that the correct date and time is set on your iOS device. If not correct, it could lead to error 14 during the process of updating and restoring.
Step 2: Restart iPhone and PC- You can restart both your iPhone and PC.
Step 3: Update Security Software- Your iPhone security software should be updated to its latest version.
Step 4: Turn off or Uninstall Security Software- When updating it does not work, then turn it off or uninstall the security software and start the restoring process again.
Step 5: Update iTunes- Note that iTunes is very important in restoring and updating process, therefore ensure it is updated.
If these steps fail to fix iTunes error 14, then it is advisable to visit the Apple Support for help.
Useful Tips for Using iOS 13
The release of iOS 13 has given birth to some iOS new features and even if you are not new to the iOS platform, you will sure need some useful tips to help you get the best out of the iOS and these are some of them.
- Customize the Widgets: You can always manage the widget if you want by just using the Edit button. The edit button allows you to delete or move items. However, it is important to take note of the fact that you may be asked for passcode.
- Swipe Left and Right on the Home Screen:The iOS 13 comes with a new home screen but swiping your device left to unlock it still remains. However, with some higher models especially ones equipped with Touch ID, you would not need to swipe to unlock any more but you can now swipe to the left so as to open the camera or right for the widget window access. Unlocking now takes a different step and it is done by holding the Home Button for Touch ID.
- Sketch in Messages: You can now draw sketch in messages on your iPhone. All you need to do is to tap the sketch as you open the messages. Note that the sketches are sent as animations.
- Quick Peep at Notifications: The lock screen will show notifications in iOS 13 instead of the usual system of pressing buttons in order to view notifications.
- Remove the Stock Apps: It was not possible initially but you can now remove stock apps like calendar apps, face Time etc. from home screen.
Transfer Media Files from iTunes to iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes Alternative
Let's say, you are one of those software green hands who know little about those complicated steps discussed here to fix iTunes error 14, but you still want to transfer media files from iTunes to your iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You may ask, "is there any way to get around iTunes error 14?"
Yes, indeed, there is. We recommend the best iTunes alternative - iMyFone TunesMate to you. This program can get rid of all kinds of iTunes errors including iTunes error 14 and many other iTunes limitations. iTunes may limit files transferring to one-way or purchased one, but with iMyFone TunesMate, you can achieve two-way free transfer from iPhone to iTunes or vise versa, and you can transfer both purchased and non-purchased items. Check out some key features of iMyFone TunesMate below.
- Free two-way data transfer from iPhone to iTunes/Computer, or from iTunes/Computer to iPhone.
- Both purchased and non-purchased files are supported for transferring.
- No data loss or overwriting during data transferring process.
- Transfer data from unlimited iDevices and unlimited iTunes libraries.
- Allow you to preview data before data transferring.
Follow the guide below to transfer iTunes media files to your iOS device with iMyFone TunesMate without opening iTunes to bypass iTunes error 14:
Step 1Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer, and connect your iOS device, be it iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2On the home interface of this iTunes alternative, click "Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice" to scan all media files on iTunes library.
Step 3All media files will be checked by default. Choose media files that you would like to transfer to your iOS device to keep them checked, and click "Transfer" to begin the transferring process. When the process completes, click "OK" button.
See? With iMyFone TunesMate, you don't have to go through those complicated steps of iTunes error 14 fixing. Just one-click to transfer media files from iTunes library without opening iTunes.