This article was updated on August 22, 2018.
With iOS 12, Apple has rolled out a new feature called App Compatibility. Basically, this allows you to have a more organized view of which apps are compatible with a given version of iOS. It takes the guess work out of upgrading and makes things easier for the average user to understand. First, though, let’s take a look at what devices are compatible with iOS 12:
iOS 12 Compatible Devices
Of course, not every iOS device is compatible with the latest update. Here are the ones that will still work:
New Compatibility Feature in iOS 12 - App Compatibility
- What's APFS?
The first thing you might notice about 10/11 is the new APFS (Apple File System). It has a few advantages over the old system. For example, it can handle a bit more storage and shows the amount of stored data more accurately, it moves files and copies them faster, and optimizes the space on your device better. For most users, what they will notice is an increase in speed over anything else. It has enhanced “cloning” abilities compared to the old hierarchical file system (HFS).
- What's App Compatibility?
One of the other nice things about this new release is that you can take a look at apps and whether they are compatible with your version of iOS using the App Compatibility function. It will also tell you whether the apps will work with future versions of iOS, which can help you decide whether you want to upgrade and what apps will need to be updated after you’ve upgraded.
- How App Compatibility Work on iOS 12
This can solve a lot of the mystery if you find that a certain app has been misbehaving after an update. Unfortunately, not all developers stay up to date with their apps, and iOS upgrade after upgrade may have rolled out without any changes to an app that you use every day. With App Compatibility, you won’t have to be completely in the dark about what’s going on; this is especially important as Apple appears to be shifting towards no longer supporting 32-bit devices.
- How to Check App Compatibility on iOS 12
To manually check compatibility, just go to General > About > Applications > App Compatibility, and you will see a list of apps that are outdated. Tap on any of the apps listed there and you will be shown whether or not you can update it, and what kind of updates are available. Sometimes there may be no update available or the app isn’t even in the app store anymore, in which case you will have to get in touch with the developer.
This feature is very important as time goes on because a lot of apps will probably be outdated soon thanks to Apple’s shift towards supporting only 64-bit devices. Any apps that are still reliant on the older, 32-bit system will need to be updated by their developers.
A Quick Way to Delete All iOS App Uncompatible
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac 1-Click Cleanup is the best solution to clean your Apps in bulk. The job can be done in just one click, then your device will start performing at optimal speed again.
Use Umate Pro to Uninstall App in Bulk from iPhone
Step 1:First connect your device to your computer. Ensure Umate Pro is installed on your system, if not, install it before going forward.
Step 2:Select the mode of “1-click free up space”, and click on “Quick Scan” button.
Step 3:After the Scan finished, click on the “Clean” button besides “Apps” . All useless iOS Apps will be removed when the cleanup finished.
Other Key Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Erase Private Data - Personal Data, Videos, photos, messages and other app attachments can be erased permanently using the Umate Pro. This will ensure that your private information is removed and totally secured. It is also important to note that your erased personal data cannot be recovered by any data recovery software, so you can be rest assured that your personal information will remain secured.
- Erase Deleted Files - Note that previously deleted files can still be recovered if they were deleted using ordinary means. However, Umate Pro can identify these files and erase them permanently. This mode is designed to scan and identify all the previously deleted files and erase them leaving no chance of recovery.
- Erase All Data– If want to sell iPhone or give it to others, this function will suitable. It will erase all your iPhone data, just like a factory reset, but you do not need to re-activate your iPhone again, and all your erased data is unrecoverable.
- Compress Photos - Tired of “Not Enough Storage”? Try this! The compression will reclaim 75% of your photo space. What’s more, all original photos will be backed up on your PC automatically.
- Mass Delete Photos/Videos/App– The program provides a quick access to bulk delete multiple Photos/Videos/Apps for well manage your iPhone storage. And all original photos and videos will be backed up on PC before deletion.