"Hi, please help! My FaceTime is not activating after I installed the iOS 13 on my iPhone. I love FaceTime since it helps me connect with my parents. I have no idea why I kept getting facetime activation failure after the iOS 13 update. Can anyone tell me how can I fix this problem?"
FaceTime is an amazing creation by Apple allowing users to have video phone calls. And when that stops working or when FaceTime activation goes unsuccessful after iOS 13/12/11.3update, people find themselves in big difficulty. And this article is written for those people. So when your FaceTime is not activating, try the fixes given in this article.
Six Ways to Fix Unsuccessful FaceTime Activation in iOS 13/12/11.3
1. Fix FaceTime Not Activating after Update to iOS 13/12/11.3 without Data Loss
If the FaceTime is not activated after update to iOS 13/12/11.3, maybe the iOS is what is troubling you. For this, an advisable fix is to use iMyFone D-Back which can fix issues in the system. iMyFone is one of the strongest data recovery tools that can recover your lost data from your device directory. You can also extract iCloud and iTunes backup. Besides, the tool has an amazing feature which is called "Fix iOS System" that helps in resolving iOS problems without losing any data.
iMyFone D-Back Recovery Tool (Supports iOS 13/12/11.3)
- As one of the unique features of iMyFone D-Back, there are three options available with the "Fix iOS System" feature. They are"Standard Mode", Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode".
- You can use the Standard Model to solve issues in iOS 13/12/11.3 with no data loss.
- A lot of problems can be fixed with "Fix iOS System", including iPhone restarting endless problems, iTunes errors, iPhone stuck in Apple logo, etc.
- With this tool, you can have the benefit of recovering 22+ types of data including your contacts, photos, notes, Kik/WhatsApp/Viber data and many more.
- The tool is really easy to use and it has a free trial version.
Step 1 – Launch The Tool and Connect Device
Please download iMyFone D-Back and install it. Open after installing and choose "Fix iOS System". Subsequently, using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2 – Mode Selection
Now, click on "Standard Mode" from the three modes. Then you will observe the instructions for putting your device in DFU mode.
You can also put your device into Recovery mode if you failed to put it in DFU mode.
Step 3 – Firmware Downloading
Let the device get recognized by iMyFone D-Back. Now, it's time to get the suitable firmware for your device. Click on the "Download" button and leave the rest on the program. You can manually choose the device model and download if the program doesn't detect your device.
Step 4 – Fix the System Issue
Now, click on "Start to Fix" after downloading firmware. This will begin to repair your issue. Examine the problem is gone by starting the device.
2. Check Restrictions
If you are experiencing an error saying FaceTime activation is unsuccessful, then the very first move of yours should be to check the restrictions set on your FaceTime. If your FaceTime is blocked already in restrictions, it's no wonder why your FaceTime not activating after update to iOS 13/12/11.3.
- Head to "Settings" and get into "General", then hit the "Restrictions" option and push on "Disable Restrictions". Also, make sure that the "FaceTime" is toggled on under the Allowed Apps section.
3. Sign Out of Your Apple ID and Sign Back Again
This method is known to be helpful sometimes to fix up if your FaceTime not activating after upgrading to iOS 13/12/11.3. Signing out of your Apple ID will abort the previous session and freshly signing in again may clear out any connection glitches which could have been becoming a hindrance in the first place.
- Open "Settings" and get into "iCloud", scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Sign Out".
- Now, get into "iCloud" again under the "Settings" of your device and sign in to your Apple ID again.
Now check if this method works for you or not. If not, don't worry and read further, more effective solutions are yet to come.
4. Check Date & Time, Country Settings
Well, this simple trick is effective, if somehow the Date & Time, Country Settings are not set correctly a stable connection can never be established as a result of that FaceTime activation unsuccessful error pops up on the screen.
Check if the Date & Time settings of your device are set appropriately. Also, make sure of the correct time-zone selected, if the Date & Time settings are set to automatic.
- Click on "Settings", open "General" from the list of options and then tap on "Date & Time".
5. Check Apple System Status
Apple System Status Page allows users to check the status of the Apple's assorted services and is very helpful for the users to check if the error they are experiencing is due to the Apple servers or just the device. Since Apple has now also included iOS Device Activation services to its page, users can easily check if they are facing the FaceTime activation failure in iOS 13/12/11.3 due to some outages being carried out for the maintenance purposes due to which your device is unable to make a connection with the Apple servers.
Over the past few months, a sporadic downtime of a few hours in the FaceTime and iMessage services has been reported. Since you are also experiencing activation issue with FaceTime after iOS 13/12/11.3 update, check out if the problem is at your end or servers', here is a link to Apple System Status Page for your convenience： https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/
6. Reset All Settings
Messing up too much with Settings of your iOS device can lead to various issues and perhaps, the FaceTime not activating error could have been occurred out of its consequence. The last way to restore everything back to normal is by putting them to their factory state by the function of "Reset All Settings". Here's a step by step way through.
- Open "Settings", get into "General", scroll down to the bottom and hit "Reset".
- Lastly, hit the "Reset All Settings" option and enter the passcode (if any) of your device to confirm the action.
FaceTime is really a helpful feature for those who stay far from their family and friends or their partners. Unsuccessful activation of the feature is unaffordable. We hope the above fixes helped you in resolving this FaceTime issue after iOS 13/12/11.3. Also, we would like to know your experience and what fix helped you. Thank you!