I didn't know that attempting to install the latest software iOS 12 would make my iPhone stuck on Apple logo. This is really saddening. I use an iPhone 6s, could anyone please explain to me the solution? I really want my iPhone repaired and back like how it was. Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing the problem and luckily we have the solutions for this issue. But before proceeding to the solutions, we find it necessary to make you aware of why this thing happens.
Why Your iPhone Gets Frozen on Apple Logo When Upgrading to iOS 13/12/11
Well, there could many reasons if your iPhone got stuck on the Apple logo but when it happens while updating the firmware, the most probable reason behind this could be either compatibility issue or driver issue. Whenever an update is launched, developers do try to make the new iOS version as stable as possible but nothing is 100% error-free in the technological world. It is not possible to test a new iOS version with all the iOS devices over the world before release, therefore, even after installing the latest iOS version, there are possibilities that some kind of compatibility issue may occur.
1. Check USB Cable and Port
Checking USB cable and ports on Mac or PC is the first step when the iPhone gets frozen on the Apple logo. If any of these is defective or flawed, this can be a big interruption in installing iOS 12 or iOS 11. If you have experienced connecting problems before, try a different port. Also, use a fresh and fine USB cable.
2. Force Restart iPhone
If the iPhone stuck on the Apple logo during iOS 13/12/11 update, one of the easiest ways to overcome that problem is forcing restart the iPhone. The steps for this are given below:
- For the users of the iPhone 6 and earlier models – Start by pressing the "Home" button and "Sleep/Wake" button. Keep holding the buttons until you see the Apple logo. It will take approximately 10 seconds.
- For the users of the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus – The process is almost the same. Start by pressing the "Sleep/Wake" button and "Volume Down" button. Keep holding the buttons until the Apple logo appears.
- For the users of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X – Quick press "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons successively, and then keep holding the "Sleep/Wake" button until you see the Apple logo.
3. Fix the Problem without Data Loss (iOS 13/12/11 Supported)
If you're concern about the important content on your iPhone and don't want to lose it while fixing the Apple logo issue caused by iOS 12/11 update, iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery is the recommended option for you. The program is highly trustworthy and comprises a very simple interface and extremely easy steps. It will really bring you out of the problem when your iPhone gets stuck on the Apple logo due to the iOS issues. It offers both Mac as well as Windows version.
As one of the popular programs developed by the iMyFone team which has several products recommended by famous media sites like Cult of Mac, Makeuseof, Macworld, iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery is trusted by millions of users.
- iMyFone is a powerful program that can help in repairing the device stuck in various major or minor iOS issues, for example, when it stuck with recovery mode/DFU mode, black/white screen or when it won't turn on.
- It helps to fix iOS issues without data loss. Your device will work normally with the data on the device unaffected.
- Just a few clicks will catch the problem and fix it ultimately bringing the device back to normal. No technical knowledge needed.
- It is totally safe and secured.
- It flawlessly works with almost all iOS devices and iOS versions, even iOS 13/12/11.
Step 1 – Launch the iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery
The very first step is to download and install the tool on your computer. Launch the software and connect your iPhone to your computer. Now, you are required to click on "Standard Mode" from the available options which will then guide you to fix the iOS issues on your device.
Step 2 – Boot Up in DFU Mode
You are now required to set your iDevice in the DFU Mode and to do that, follow the steps provided on the program screen. Your device will be automatically detected by the program then. You can also put your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 3 – Get the Suitable Firmware Version
The next step is to hit the "Download" button. This will download the suitable firmware for your device. On the other hand, if somehow the software will not able to recognize your device, you can choose your device model yourself and download the firmware.
Step 4 –Fix the iOS
Here is the last step. To fix the issue that is irritating you, hit on the "Start to Fix" button and relax while the program is working to fix the problem. After fixing, your device will restart and now you can check the problem exists or gone.
4. Put Your iPhone in DFU Mode & Restore It with iTunes (Erasing iPhone)
If neither of the solutions was of use, you need to put your device in DFU mode and restore your iPhone with iTunes. DFU will help in completely restoring the device. Therefore it will result in erasing all the data from the device. To perform it, go along the following steps.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the PC, no matter the iPhone is on or off.
- Push the "Sleep/Wake" and "Home" button for around 10 seconds.
- Now, release the "Sleep/Wake" button but keep pressing the "Home" button (for iPhone 7, press Volume Down button) until you get the notification of ‘iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode'. For iPhone 8 and iPhone X, the steps are similar to force restart but don't release the "Sleep/Wake" button even you see the Apple logo.
- Now release the button and you will observe the iPhone turning fully black. This means the device has entered DFU mode successfully.
- Now restore it with iTunes according to the prompts.
5. Hardware Problems
If you are still in trouble and the iPhone is frozen on the Apple logo problem has not gone, sadly to say this could be a hardware issue. To repair the hardware problem, find a nearest authorized Apple repair center and head towards it. Here is an advice that before moving to the Apple store, please create a backup of all your data on your device. After that, hand over your device to the expert in the store and get the problem fixed by them.
We have come to the end of this post and really hope you find it useful. We would like to know which solution helped you. However, for overcoming iPhone stuck on Apple logo problem after iOS 13/12/11 update, we highly recommend that you try iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery since losing data can be very upsetting to anyone. Anyway, we do hope you finally get out of the trouble no matter which solution helps.