"Hello, I need help. Actually, I started installing the iOS 12 in the morning and my iPhone stuck on verifying update screen for 5 hours. What kind of problem is this? Will the new update installation taking some time or not? I want some solution for this. Please help!"
Many people prefer performing update process wirelessly i.e. without iTunes and they are likely to get verifying update screen for long time. However, the issue restricts smooth updating and is annoying but it can be repaired by some fixes. Here is what you can try when your iPhone stuck on Verifying Update screen.
5 Ways to Fix iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update When Updating to iOS 12
1. Hard Reset Your iPhone
Well, your iPhone is stuck on Verifying Update and you can't even do anything as everything is stucked, try to perform a hard reset then as that may help restore the proper functioning of your device.
If you have:
- iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you are required to press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously.
- iPhone 6 or earlier, hold down Home button and power button simultaneously.
Hold the buttons for around 10 seconds until the Apple logo come up on the screen. Let go the buttons and check if your issue resolves. Most probably, it should get resolved as rebooting an iPhone can resolve up to 70% of the issues.
2. Press Sleep/Wake Button
If the hard reset doesn't make any change and you face that iPhone stuck on Verifying Update issue again, try this Sleep/Wake button trick. What you are required to do is just simply hit the Sleep/Wake button of your device for a few number times.
Note: Make sure, between each press you wait for a couple of seconds.
Getting a bit in detail, pressing the Sleep/Wake button again and again forces your iOS device to lock the screen then wake it up, then again lock it up and wake it up again. Repeating this over and over again for about 5-10 times in a row most probably resolves the issue of stucked verifying update.
If the trick works, you'll see an Apple logo and progress bar on the screen. Now let the device do its work to install the software update. Be patient, it may take some time install the update.
3. Restore iPhone with an Old Backup
If the above solutions didn't prove helpful then try restoring your iOS device with an older backup via iTunes. It is another quick fix you can try to get your issue resolved. Any faulty changes made to the device's settings that are causing the issue will be rolled back and your device should behave as normal.
- Launch iTunes application on your Mac or Windows computer.
- With the help of a lightning cord, connect your iOS device to the computer. If you are asked to enter your device's password or Trust the computer, allow it and follow the further steps.
- As soon as your device gets connected, it will appear on iTunes. Tap on it when you see it.
- Push "Restore Backup" button and select the most relevant one by monitoring the date and size of the earlier backups.
- Lastly hit Restore and let the process complete.
4. Fix the Problem without Data Loss (iOS 12 Supported)
Does your iPhone still stuck on Verifying Update screen? If all the above solutions went in vain, don't worry; we have a one-stop solution that will positively help you. You will be out of the trouble when you use iMyFone iOS System Recovery. It's a third-party tool that provides efficient solution for iOS issue. This is why it has gained a great level of popularity.
- Don't be afraid of the kind of issue occurred in the device. This tool is able to fix almost all the common iOS issues or the problems caused by iOS errors, for example, iPhone being stuck on Apple logo/recovery mode, iPhone voicemail not working, bricked iPhone, iPhone apps not opening or crashing, and more.
- No data will be lost when using the Standard Mode of this program.
- It is entirely easy to use and takes zero technical awareness.
- It is absolutely compatible with almost all the iOS devices and iOS versions.
- This program is completely safe and lifetime support is offered to the users.
How to Use the Program
Step 1 – Install the Software and Launch It
Install the software iMyFone iOS System Recovery after downloading it from the official website and launch it. Next, connect your iOS device with the PC and hit on the "Standard Mode" tile on the window appearing on your screen to fix issues of your iOS device.
Step 2 – Set Your Device in DFU Mode
Follow the onscreen instructions provided to launch your device into the DFU Mode. Once done, your device name and model number will be automatically detected by the program.
Step 3 – Download the Firmware
After enabling DFU mode, it's time to download the matching new firmware for your device. Don't worry, there's no big process. In fact, it takes just one click. Hit on the "Download" and the software will help in getting the suitable firmware.
Step 4 – Resolve the Issue
To finish the process and fix the problem, click on "Start to Fix" button and wait until the program mends your device. Lastly, open your device and examine it again to see the problem is gone.
5. Hardware Issue
If the resolutions above didn't bring about any change in your device to resolve the iPhone stuck on verifying update problem. Then this means you have got a hardware issue on your device. Firstly, do not waste anymore time, make a backup of your complete data to avoid data loss after submitting your iPhone for the repair. Secondly, the right person to get the things in place when it comes to hardware is the Apple Support guys, walk up to any Apple store nearby you to get the proper fix of the hardware issue.
You have reached the end and we would like to wish you all the best for trying the fixes. When iPhone stuck on verifying update, anyone can feel annoyed since it spoils all the excitement of downloading the new iOS 12. But, we need have some patience. Don't get disappointed so early. Think calmly about the fixes and just have a trial by yourself. Thank you all!