Do not be surprised if you are unable to find hotspot missing on your iPhone after upgrading to iOS 11.3. Many of the users are facing the issue of nonappearance of personal hotspot after upgrading to the latest OS version. However, a few tricks made it possible to fix it quickly.
Personal hotspot depends on your carrier. Therefore, do not be panic if the option is missing after iOS 11.3 update. However, if you have opted for the same in your plan but still cannot find it on your iPhone, then follow the guide below to troubleshoot the same quickly.
Method 1: Restart Your iPhone
A hard reboot is one of the good solutions to solve the situation instantly. You can do so by pressing the home button and on/off button until you see the Apple logo on display.
Method 2: Reset Network Settings
Another way through which you can fix the personal hotspot missing issue on your iPhone running on iOS 11.3 is by resetting the network settings. The following steps will guide you through the process that helps you in resetting the network configuration:
1. Navigate to the Settings application from the home screen and tap General.
2. Scroll down the list of options available in the next window and select Reset.
3. In the next screen, choose Reset Network Settings feature.
4. Once again click on Reset Network Settings in order to confirm the action.
Note: Resetting the settings will remove the current configuration. After performing the action, the phone's network settings return to factory defaults.
Method 3: Fix Personal Hotspot Missing with iOS Repair Tool
You’ll have to fix iOS if there is something wrong with it and then your personal hotspot missing after iOS 11.3 update. iMyFone iOS System Recovery is designed to fix different kinds of iPhone issues, such as iPhone messages app crash after iOS 11.3 upgrade, live wallpaper not working on iPhone, etc. Please keep reading to know more about this program.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery (Supports iOS 11.3)
- As mentioned above, iMyFone iOS System Recovery can fix various iOS problems in one click.
- As a fully protected software, it is no harm to your computer. You can feel free to have a try.
- It offers 3 modes (Standard Mode, Exit Recovery mode and Advanced Mode) to fix iOS issues with higher success rate.
- It is fully compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus) running iOS 11.3 version.
Before you start to fix the personal hotspot missing issue, you have to download this program from the official site. After launching it on the computer, you'll find 3 options for you.
Step 1. Choose the "Standard Mode" from the three options, then connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. Please follow the instructions on the interface to put your device into DFU mode or Recovery mode.
Step 3. Please confirm the device model and download the firmware package.
Step 4. This firmware will fix any issues on your iPhone. Once the fixing process has finished, your iPhone will reboot and be back to normal.
Method 4: Updating APN Settings
In a majority of the cases, it is possible to fix the solution of the personal hotspot missing issue in iPhone running on iOS 11.3 by updating the cellular APN settings. The procedure explained below will give you the opportunity to reset the configuration and enter the APN settings as provided by your carrier.
1. Click on the Settings application from the home screen.
2. Choose cellular/mobile data.
3. Select Mobile Data Options (The settings may differ according to the carrier.)
4. In the next window, choose Mobile Data Network.
5. In the new screen, you will have to enter the APN of your carrier. To obtain APN settings of your carrier, you can contact the service provider about the same or search Google for the APN.
6. Once you have the APN settings in hand, scroll down to the personal hotspot section, and enter the APN listed under the Mobile Data.
Making these changes will help you get back the personal hotspot feature on your iPhone.
Method 5: Uninstall Data-Managing Apps
If you did install a network profile or data-managing applications on your iPhone, you can uninstall the same and check whether they are causing the interference with the personal hotspot settings on your iPhone. To uninstall such applications from your iPhone, proceed with the following steps:
- Open the settings applications on your iPhone. Tap General and choose Profile. Selecting the Profile will open the available data-managing applications installed on the system. You can begin uninstalling the profiles one by one.
- Once you have completed removing the profile from the system, you should also uninstall the application. Tap and hold the icon appearing on the home screen until you notice the X button appearing on the screen. Choose the X to uninstall from iPhone.
Method 6: Restore Your iPhone to Factory Settings
If the above steps mentioned are unable to solve the issue of fixing the missing personal hotspot application after upgrading to iOS 11.3 on your iPhone, then the last resort that you can attempt is by restoring your iPhone to the factory settings. However, restoring the iPhone to the factory setting will bring everything to the original status (a clean phone out of the box). Therefore, it is preferable to create a backup.
You may need to know how to selectively back up iPhone data.
Additionally, visiting the carrier provider is also advisable before you proceed with the restoration method. In some cases, the carrier provider made sure to fix the problem of the missing personal hotspot application.
Steps to Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
- Tap Settings application on your iPhone, scroll down and tap General. In the next screen, choose Reset option.
- In the subsequent window, choose Erase All Content and Settings choice. The operating system once again prompts the message Erase iPhone. Clicking the button will begin the resetting process. The entire procedure will take a while, and you will see the Apple logo with the loading bar.
As resetting the phone will remove personal information and settings, you can expect the appearance of the personal hotspot on your device once again.
As you have seen, fixing missing personal hotspot on your iPhone running iOS 11.3 is no longer a tedious task. You can choose any of the methods and follow the guidelines to bring back the hotspot.