Updating the iPhone to the latest version iOS 13/12 is an attractive thing to most iPhone users. However, it is not always smoothy to install the latest iOS firmware on your iPhone. Some people find their iPhone frozen on the Apple logo, spinning wheel, iTunes logo, and other screens during the process. Even iTunes cannot help them out. You may now wish to reset frozen iPhone after iOS 13/12 update without iTunes but have no clue how to do it, right? Therefore, we have collated 3 different solutions for resetting your frozen iPhone without iTunes in this article. Keep reading and explore!
1. Reset Frozen iPhone after iOS 13/12 Update without iTunes
iPhone getting frozen during or after iOS update could also be caused by serious system problems. If the above method doesn't work, try iMyFone Fixppo. This amazing software can reset your frozen iPhone without iTunes and repair your device back to normalcy again. No matter your iPhone is stuck in recovery/DFU mode, spinning wheel, or frozen on black/white screen, Apple logo, loading screen during or after iOS 13/12 update, this program can help you get your iPhone out of frozen state. If you are trying to fix your iPhone without losing any vital data, then iMyFone iOS System Recovery is your best friend for that matter. The 'Standard Mode' of this application ensures that your data is safe. The option 'Exit Recovery Mode' allows you to exit Recovery mode with one click. All iOS devices and iOS versions including iPhone 8, iPhone X and iOS 13/12 are supported.
- Simple to use-Fix the issue only with a few clicks
- Highest recovery rate-100% works for all kinds of iOS issues
- Full compatibility-Allow you to fix iOS/tvOS without Data Loss
- Worthy of Trust - Recommended by many individuals and websites
Step 1: Get the software installed on your computer and then launch it. Take a USB cable of genuine make and connect your iPhone to the PC. Tap 'Standard Mode' from the iMyFone interface and navigate to the next page.
Step 2: After selecting 'Standard Mode' for fixing your iPhone, iMyFone will prompt you to enter your device in DFU/Recovery Mode. Tap the 'Start' button and go along the step by step process displayed on the screen. As soon as your iPhone is in 'DFU/Recovery Mode' it will be recognized by the software.
Step 3: The next screen will display the device information along with the information of the latest iOS firmware for your device, confirm the appropriate ones for your iPhone. After that, click on the 'Download' button and start downloading the latest firmware for your iPhone.
To install the software and initiate the automatic fix, you need to hit the 'Start to Fix' button. Within a while, your frozen iPhone will restart and be back in action.
Out of the 3 modes to repair your iOS, iMyFone iOS System Recovery's 'Advance Mode' is a unique one. In case you have tried the 'Standard Mode' to fix a frozen or hanged iPhone screen and the result is not satisfied, then you can seek help from the 'Advanced Mode'. This mode will wipe out the iOS completely along with the device data and reinstall the firmware from scratch, making it an absolutely error-free device.
2. Force Reboot the iPhone Frozen after Updating to iOS 13/12
When we speak of reset frozen iPhone without iTunes, the most frequently used option that comes in mind is soft reset/force restarting the iPhone. This usually resolves most iOS issues that occur due to different reasons such as iOS 13/12 update, unstable and buggy apps, etc.
Here is how to force restart an iPhone 6/older versions –
- Tap and hold down the 'Sleep/Wake' and 'Home' keys together. Wait until the Apple logo surfaces on screen.
- Un-hold both the keys as soon as you see the Apple logo. Let the iPhone start on its own afterward.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus –
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake' and 'Volume Down' keys simultaneously. Lift your fingers from the keys only after seeing the Apple logo on your iPhone screen. Your iPhone will then be rebooted.
If you have an iPhone 8/iPhone X/XS/XS MAX with you –
- Click and release the 'Volume Up' key quickly.
- Repeat the same procedure with the 'Volume Down' key as well.
- You need to hold down the 'Power' key afterward, till the Apple logo is visible on the screen. Give some time to allow the iPhone restart.
Now that you know how to soft reset your iPhone frozen after iOS 13/12 update without iTunes, we hope the aforementioned solution has helped you. But if it doesn't, don't be disheartened, we are not done yet. Try out the next solution which may certainly help you to get your device fixed.
3. Contact Apple Store to Check the Hardware
Even after using the above solutions, you are still not able to reset your frozen iPhone, then we guess your iPhone has some deep issues beyond the software or iOS related glitch. It might be a major hardware problem. You should immediately head to the nearest Apple store and get your iPhone checked and repaired. If you are within the warranty period, then depending on the scenario you might get the iPhone repaired or replaced for free.