With all the passwords that we have to remember these days, it’s easy to forget the code to unlock your iPhone. Maybe you upgraded and left your phone in the drawer for a long time, and now the passcode that you used for years has slipped your mind. Regardless, if you need to reset iPhone in order to sell it or give it away while not compromising your privacy, you can do it without a iCloud passcode.
How to Reset iPhone without iCloud Password?
1. How to Permanently Reset iPhone without iCloud Password
What method can you use that gives you complete control over your iPhone? What can you do to make your data unrecoverable so that even the sneakiest hacker will never be able to access the private data that was on your iPhone? You can use iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac.
Umate Pro is an ultimate iOS data eraser that lets you permanently erase all kinds of iOS data on your iPhone so that it is 100% unrecoverable.
Securely Wipe Your Personal Data From an iOS Device Using iMyfone Umate Pro
Unless you like your privacy being invaded, then secure erasure is an absolute must. To stop the identity thieves stealing your data from your smartphone, you need to be able to pack a powerful punch. That punch can be delivered using iMyFone Umate Pro. -- Editor from MacWorld
Steps to reset iPhone without iCloud Account
(1) Install iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer and connect your iPhone.
(2) Click Erase Private Data on the software and then click on Scan.
(3) Preview your iPhone data and select the files to erase.
(4) Type “delete” in the textbox to confirm. Click Erase Now to begin.
Your iPhone data and iCloud account will be erased from your iPhone, and the erased data will not be recoverable because your old data will be scrambled.
iMyFone Umate Pro provides 3 security levels and the default one is Medium. If you want to sell or give away your iPhone, it’s recommended to use at least the Medium level. If you reset your iPhone 6 expecting to experience brand-new performance, you can use the Quick level.
Umate Pro has other great features besides this one, by the way:
- 1-Click Cleanup. It’s easy to save huge space and boost iPhone up by simply clearing junk & temp files, losslessly compressing photos, mass deleting photos/videos/apps, etc.
- Erase Deleted Files. If you manually deleted files before, they might still be recoverable. Umate Pro finds these files and erases them permanently for you.
- Erase Private Data. Privacy is an increasing issue these days with smart phones. With Umate Pro, you can preview and selectively erase unwanted private data.
- Wipe Third-Party Apps Traces. Apps can leave fragments of private data behind when using. All the private fragments can be found out and completely destroyed.
2. Reset iPhone without iCloud Passcode Using iTunes
Premise - It works only if you have synced your iPhone to iTunes before.
The first way to reset iPhone without password is to use iTunes.
(1) Before anything else, back up your iPhone. You never know what can go wrong, so it’s important to always have a recent backup on hand to restore from. This is especially important if you plan on putting any of your data back on your iPhone, of course.
(2) Open iTunes after plugging your iPhone into your computer.
(3) Click on your device and go to the Summary page for it on iTunes.
(4) Click Restore iPhone.
(5) When the dialog box pops up asking you if you’re sure, click Restore again.
(6) When the software update comes up, click Next.
(7) You will now see a software license agreement. Click where it says Agree.
Now you simply wait for iTunes to factory reset your iPhone.
3. Reset iPhone without Passcode in Settings
Premise - It works only if you have done an iCloud backup for iPhone before.
You can also reset your iPhone without iCloud passcode in settings if you didn’t sync iPhone with iTunes before.
(1) On your iPhone, go to your Settings
(2) Tap General.
(3) Tap Reset.
(4) Tap where it says “Erase All Content and Settings.”
(5) Tap “Erase iPhone.”
(6) Your iPhone should restart and everything should be like new.
(7) When you see the “Set up your iPhone”, click on “Restore from iCloud Backup”. Then choose backup and let it set up your iPhone.
Please note, this method won’t work unless you have Find My iPhone enabled, since this is how the phone will verify who you are when you restore a backup on it.
Though you can use different methods to factory reset your iPhone, by far the best method is using Umate Pro. It is easy to use and protects your privacy.