You may ask “what is the need for security app in iPhone, which is the most secure phone in existence?" and I would answer you “iPhone is not as secured as we are made to believe”. You’ll need iPhone security apps to prevent the following security lapses:
- Privacy Breach: The risk of privacy breach becomes too real with advancement in hacking tools. As we live every day online, it would benefit us to take precaution in safeguarding our privacy.
- Data Security: iPhone security apps can help us to securely and permanently delete our private data before selling, recycling or donating our iPhones.
- Erase Third-Party App Fragments: Some iPhone security apps have the capacity to erase junk files, app fragments, and temporary files created by third-party apps. This would help to strengthen security levels and recover more storage space.
The Best 5 iPhone Security Apps
The main features of every iPhone security apps are privacy protection, and this, of course, is the reason why any iOS user would need a security app, hence any other feature that’s added by developers is just to promote their brand. Therefore, when weighing the benefits of an iPhone security app, the level of privacy protection must be given the primary consideration.
#1. iMyFone Umate Pro Data Eraser
iMyFone Umate Pro for Win or for Mac is the ultimate iPhone security app when considering privacy protection. Umate Pro can permanently erase all kinds of iOS private data such as messages, contacts, call history, photos, videos etc. It can thoroughly wipe off previously deleted files and data to eliminate the chance of such data recovery.
- Permanently erase all your iOS data, files, information and apps. This tool will not only erase them but will render them 100% unrecoverable.
- Scan for deleted iOS files and data to permanently erase them.
- Choose the private files to erase instead of wiping out all the files at once.
- Erasing fragments generated in the process of running your iOS apps.
- Erase junk files on the iOS device for free.
Steps in Using Umate Pro to Erase Private Data:
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro on your Mac or PC. Connect your iPhone to your PC using USB cable, and launch Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click “Erase Private data” mode and click the “Scan” tab to scan your iPhone for private data.
Step 3: At the end of the scanning process, all your private files will be displayed for you to preview before erasing. You can choose to select all or some of the files. After selecting the files to erase, click “Erase Now” button.
Step 4: Choose a security level and click “Erase Now” again to start erasing your private data.
We know that compress password is the best in protecting online accounts, but remembering such complex passwords for different accounts is a big problem. How then should we track our website passwords? The answer is “1Password” iPhone security app.
Here is how to use the 1Password extension on iPhone Safari:
Step 1: Setup 1Password on your device, then open Safari and click Share icon.
Step 2: Look for option “More” and click on it.
Step 3: On the list of Activities, turn on 1Password.
Step 4: Tap and hold the Menu icon close to 1Password switch button, then move it to the top of the list, and click “Done”.
- 1Password keeps track of all your passwords.
- It also helps you to generate, manage, and store passwords in a secured encrypted vault.
- It costs $4 per month for an individual account and $7 per month for family accounts.
Lookout is an identity theft protection tool for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It checks every running app for malicious activities, notifies you of such activity, and safeguards your person and private information.
Here is how to use Lookout to protect your iPhone.
Step 1: Launch the Lookout iPhone security app,
Step 2: Click Security > Turn on App Security.
Step 3: Lookout will start to scan your device, and would feed you with the result thereafter.
#4. Avira Vault
There are many anti-theft iPhone security app, but none can be compared to Avira Vault. It uses a PIN-protected vault to protect your data such as photos, videos, passwords, and credit cards. It also offers device tracking up to 5 devices.
Here is how to use the Avira Vault to protect your iPhone:
Step 1: Download and install Avira Vault from the app store. Sign in to Avira Account or create a new one.
Step 2: You’ll be asked to enter a master password. After that, Avira will be managing your internet password automatically.
#5. Find My iPhone
Find my iPhone is a free iPhone security app that helps you to track your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac from any location, so far that your device has internet connection on it. But before it can work on your device, it must be enabled.
To enable Find My iPhone on your device, follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch Settings app on your iPhone, then click Apple ID > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
Step 2: Click the switch button to enable it.